So I just got done watching this and I didn't think it was so bad. Why didn't you like this, Sup Forums?

So I just got done watching this and I didn't think it was so bad. Why didn't you like this, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=34cEo0VhfGE&t=7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=34cEo0VhfGE&t=7s

GOAT trailer.

also, Prometheus AND Covenant are future cult films.

>prometheus
''wtf is this shit, I wanted more xenomorphs!''

>alien covenant
"wtf is this shit, I wanted more prometheus!''

t. audiences in a nutshell surrounding these two movies

it was never bad

If you ask me I just thought it was pretty boring overall.

i don't think it was terrible, but i expected the scientist to behave in a more disciplined way
instead the biologists gets scared to see a corpse, the geologist with remote controlled probes gets lost, and to begin with some dude could not just wait till the storm had passed to explore the ruins, he had to do it right after landing

This is the last movie Ive soent money on lol. When I was 16 I rented it on Xbox live. Right when it came out. And then j discovered torrents

It had a bad script with it's bigger ideas getting bogged down by logical inconsistencies that existed in order to further the plot. A lot of people hated it just because it wasn't Ayy lmao enough.

Covenant is garbage, but it is almost shocking to think that even the executives fucked up by releasing it in May or whenever instead of during this weakass Halloween line-up.

The fact that Ridley Scott went from the original Alien to covenant is just sad.

>handpicked team of scientists on a multibillion dollar expedition
>act like teens in a slasher movie

Retarded script and retarded characters. The fact that you didn't notice this outs you as a brainlet.

Retarded is a bad word. You should probably stop using it to be a generic contrarian.

the script(s) often get blamed, particularly the Lost writer's version of it, but in reality the story was botched in the editing room, discarding important scenes which gave some of the more retarded moments better context behind character motivations, or why things were happening

the studio wanted a two hour movie and it got trimmed too much because of it

kek what a fucking brainlet

he thought the movie was boring

I know right? He obviously didn't get the film.

Go back to plebbit, faggot.

Although I do agree

ooof you reek of numale

These are dumb parts of the theatrical release, but the deleted scenes on the blurry clear up most of them.

The biologist has a number of scenes with the snake which got cut, showing it kuch more passive and friendly. They cut those and kept the final one which took all the characterisation away and made him look like a moron for no reason

They'd still look like morons for sitting down and smoking weed while stormed-in on an unknown alien planet in the ruins of an alien civilization.
I love smoking weed, but it's not something I would want to do under those conditions!

It has a bunch of interesting stuff but it's ultimately a huge fucking mess. I blame that hack Ridley and whoever edited the film.

>planet has breathable air, oh great let me take of my helmet. what are alien pathogens?
>most important mission in weylands life. I know I'll pick the biggest retards to help me complete it
>signs up for long mission willingly, complains like a faggot
>are famous scientists, behave and talk like remedial students
>sees alien snake, does not move away from it, pets it instead and talks to it as if it's a dog
>sophisticated futuristic surgery machine can only operate on males
>sees giant rolling space ship, keeps running straight instead of jumping sideways

Is there a good final cut somewhere that includes all the discarded scenes? I really wanted to like the film, and it's a damn shame we got Covenant the way it was.

Fuck the audience: the films

>future cult films.
agree
prometheus was a 10/10 film but a 7/10 movie. had some script/arc issues and maybe wasn't "baked in the middle". but i really enjoyed it and covenant also. which was objectively worse but still a lot of fun.

as someone who works in the petroleum technology industry on remote (not billion but hundred million dollar) projects, i would say the characters were actually too generous. irl they would be stupider. armageddon is actually a more accurate portrayal of workers in these industries.

>sophisticated futuristic surgery machine can only operate on males

Prometheus is a piece of shit and spits in the face of Ridley's one (1) unquestionably good movie, but this is such a dumb criticism. The machine was for Weyland. Mentioning that it was calibrated for the male body was meant to make the audience wonder why Vickers had it as well as create tension when Shaw tries to use it. It's as gracelessly handled as anything else in the movie but it isn't some kind of plot hole.

There are a bunch of fan edits out there, but I haven't seen a specific one which doesn't piss me off. E.g. changes the theatrical's practical effects scene of the redhead attacking the crew for the CGI version, and leaving out the final birthing scene ''because they opposed it being an Alien-related movie'' or whatever shit reasoning they had for it.

The only edit I'd recommend is 'Derelict', which is a hybrid cut of Alien and Prometheus in black and white. Basically merging the best parts of both movies into a coherent whole.

I'm surprised there is no official cut. I would've thought Ridley would release an extended version if so many scenes were discarded in the cutting room.
A shame that the people who made those cuts are such massive faggots.

It's only dumb criticism if you're an idiot. Sophisticated futuristic machines should be able to operate on both males and females. You know why? because they're both humans and there is barely any difference between the two. It's a hardcore retarded way to create tension because it's written by idiots.

The machine is specifically only calibrated for men because Weyland was that much of a self-centered asshole. He wouldn't have even imagined anyone else using his personal equipment.

Alien=Prometheus > Alien 3 > Rest >shit>>>>>dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alien: Covenant

Sup Forums is 99% loud retards who think they're smarter than they are.

>send a bunch of drug addicts and people with personality disorders on a trillion dollar space mission
S H I T
H
I
T

good movie

see, that's the sort of criticism it attracted- a blend of autism and stupidty (like this faggot poster I'm quoting)

I don't think 99% liked most of the good stuff that came out. Most of them are imbeciles obsessing over game of thrones, third rate tv series with cute actresses, r who and avengers movies. If you want to find worthwile opinions here you have to waddle through the shit.

it was a good sci fi slasher with excellent visuals, sound and atmosphere. But it was still just a dumb slasher, which is why the characters are all retarded, and being what it was it couldn't live up to Alien or Aliens. It pretended to be more intelligent than it really was, with tons of ham-fisted symbolism and questions asked but never answered

>because they're both humans and there is barely any difference between the two
There's a shit load of physiological difference between the sexes. There's a shit ton of difference between two unrelated people of the same sex, just ask any doctor.
It's not that much of a stretch to imagine a state of the art medical machine bought by and for a single person is calibrated for that one person only.

why was he such a cunt?

Because it's clearly a standalone idea that was forced into the Alien universe solely to cash in on the brand. Unforgivable, because Prometheus and Covenant would have been decent to very good movies if they weren't built around being in the Alien universe. Just focus on the androids and engineers, we don't need a retarded crew just so we can get a call back to the original when they all die. And that fucking alien doesn't need to be involved at all, the reveal of their creation was embarrassing

narcissist

He never grew up.

>Because it's clearly a standalone idea that was forced into the Alien universe

No bitch, it wasn't. The movie was flawed, yes, but that is just retarded and false. Ridley thought it was interesting where the 'elephant man' and its cargo came from and how they got there. After decades of no one intending to film a story about it, he decided to make it himself.

Prometheus is decent. Not what people expected I suppose but I always liked it. Covenant on the other hand is completely terrible.

I loved it, Covenant was trash though

This is pretty much all space movies aside from 2001. If you didn't send neurotic people to space you'd need to have an actually good plot and they just can't be arsed.

agreed. was hyped for prometeus. god aliens! then they connected it to shitty alien rat monsters.

it's really not

but it's a lesser movie because it's less ambitious, has mostly shit characters (not even Ripley copy is sympathetic in this one) and ticks off generic horror checkmarks. David is still interesting though and redeems it from being entirely derivative

Only thing that barely holds these movies together is David and Walter.

>Rest of the characters suck and I had little sympathy when they died.
>Scott utterly ruined the mystery of Space Jockey / Engineers by making them giant gay albino space retards.
>Ruined the background of the xenomorphs by making them Davids creation because he wants to make the ultimate lifeform and surpass humanity but this doesnt make any sense because everything he holds dear to him was made by humans.
>Hollywood is still making Alien movies despite the magic and fear of the xenomorph having been lost decades ago as everyone and their dog knows what they are now
>Both movies continue to star female leads, which is fine, but neither of the actresses have nearly the amount of charisma as Ripley
>Covenant has two gay mercs shoehorned, the only way the audience knows is a 15 second scene and 1 line, despite this having litterally no bearing on anything or contributed to any world building/character devellopment.

he is really the only reason I don't watch this film more. I just want to strangle him.

Prometheus is nothing happen: the Movie

A:C could have been good if they just dropped the whole david arc and retarded xenomorph variants.

the characters and dialogue were absolutely shit tier

>retarded characters
David was probably the best villain in a long time.

Still don't get why the engineers were so pissed off with humans, or what the black goo was, or why david used it on passengers, or why david decides to annihilate engineers and experiment on the female lead in covenant.

Prometheus makes me sad because in audiovisual terms it is fucking amazing, but everything else is an absolute mess. The script is absolutely awful and every character besides David is ludicrously retarded. The film also completely ruins cool, mysterious aspects of Alien and creates gigantic plot holes, it should have been a standalone film that's loosely tied to Alien. The film and it's core message come across as extremely pretentious due to how badly written the movie is.

It has one of the dumbest scripts in sci-fi movies. It's almost uncanny how retarded everyone acts.

You know a movie is nigh indefensible when you have to resort to straw men to defend it.

So why did that engineer drink the poison?

WHY DIDNT SHE RUN SIDEWAYS?

>but in reality the story was botched in the editing room
Tough shit, that's what they released to the public. Can't judge film by esoteric unreleased cuts that never happened. I also don't see how more scenes would make the crew's reactions any less idiotic.
You're probably the same wanker trying to defend the star wars prequels with this sort of weak argument.

Covenant was an absolute disaster. As bad as many aspects of Prometheus was, it set itself up for a really interesting sequel about Shaw and David exploring the stars to get to the engineers, but then in Covenant they didn't have the balls to stick with it because "muh xenos" so they kill Shaw off-screen and say that David killed all the fucking engineers on the planet with a push of a button. Are we really supposed to believe the engineers, a godlike race of hyperintelligent beings, had absolutely NO countermeasure to prevent one stolen bioweapon from totally wiping out their race? Prometheus 2 completely destroyed the cool possible Prometheus sequel in favor of a really shitty rehash of Alien while David fucks around in the background.

The only defense for it seems to be "y-you're dumb and stupid" which doesn't really address the movie and its problems at all.

it's not even just that, there are tons of bizarre, gigantic lapses in logic. Someone makes an insanely retarded, baffling decision basically every ten minutes.

Finally someone with some sense on this god forsaken website, unlike the nigger you were replying to.

Personally, I love the word itself. It has woody ring to it, unlike "nigger" which is dreadfully tinny.

>Still don't get why the engineers were so pissed off with humans, or why david used it on passengers, or why david decides to annihilate engineers and experiment on the female lead in covenant.
Sometimes, in order to create, you have to destroy

>or what the black goo was
A bioweapon that kills off higher lifeforms without destroying the planet or its flora

the "problems" to be adressed are "i-it's just d-dumb why can't you see that"

And then you deflect, go into full "NO U" mode and avoid the subject at all costs. Read the thread, people are commenting on the script, how the characters' actions are absurd, the mission itself being questionable at best, everyone is a complete void of personality.
It's a poorly written movie which couldn't be salvaged by the visuals alone.

>There's a shit load of physiological difference between the sexes.
No there isn't you dumbfuck. It would matter even less to a fucking programmable surgical machine in an age of starships. What? You think you're going to have pay extra for the female surgical dlc?

go back to plebbit, retarded faggot

top-tier soundtrack, marc streitenfeld is underrated

It's a shame when good soundtracks are wasted on bad film.