What can we learn from this movie?

What can we learn from this movie?

traps are gay

Emily Blunt is a terrible and bland actress that should never be a lead again, and almost single-handedly made this the director's worst film.

That you *can* have a realistic portrayal of women in modern cinema, ie they don't always have to be written as perfect, super intelligent, dominant women only held down by the patriarchy.

Question people's motives.
Don't ask too many questions.
Be deattached.
Enjoy your day without asking for permission.
Don't take jobs you know nothing about.
Avoid pride, and don't take your own merit too seriously.
And most of all, go to bed early.

Emily Blunt has such a miserable face.

>Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that we do, but in the end you will understand.

What was Alejandro, really? A hitman for an opposing cartel looking for his competitors?

evil brad pitt

Villeneuve ruins great scripts with shitty cinematography

His movies are usually the opposite; mediocre scripts with great cinematography.

former Mexican lawyer turned Colombian cartel hitman, trained by Americans

Ok, the Sicario script wasn't anything special. But the cinematography was godamned awful. It's the urban nu-male version of a neo-western

dont fuck with benicio pacifico juan marria ramirez del toro

The cinematography for Sicario was great during the night scenes (Deakins excels with shadows and darker environments) but it sucked during the day scenes.

Sign it.
[presses phallic object to chin]
SIGN IT.

Really just elucidating the Weinstein zeitgeist.

Yeah, I can compromise on that.

Still, the film looked too clean and sanitized

It looks somehow like an Hospital to me

Villeneuve would make a perfect film in an hospital

Nuke Mexico

>It's the urban nu-male version of a neo-western

You're a fag.

this Also Blunt is one hot milf

Good movie, the ending sucked tho.

Was it rape?

That I'm literally, unironically and fundamentally The Sicario

>What can we learn from this movie?
FBI SWAT are out of touch incompetent cowards compared to the all mighty marines.

And funded by the jews

>he hasn't seen blade runner 2049
>he thinks the lead character's acting, and not the writing was what made the movie bad

Funny I thought the same thing about Amy Adams and Arrival

That there was literally no reason to show the movie from blunt's perspective

>What can we learn from this movie?
Mexico's a fucking hell hole and that donald trump is right to keep those fuckers out

Degeneracy ruins everything. Instead of killing sellers one should include killing users, it would solve everything.

That past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing

>especially when they get murdered in front of you

We need that wall

The best thing about Sciarcio was the score

either you do your job in blissful ignorance and thinking you're making progress or you decide to venture deep down the rabbit hole and realize you got yourself into shit you can't even hope to fathom.

most women can't handle reality and break under pressure

after quitting arrivale after 60 min and watching the average prisoners, i'm not sure i want to watch another denis flick.

I hope from now on everything will go wrong in your life.

Unironically this

i think he just gave him a belly full of water
dude was so happy he had to say something
mexicans are so simple

>after quitting arrivale after 60 min
You missed the disappointing ending. That's the whole point, user.

Nothing. It's a movie.

what's his problem?

he knows the war on drugs is a joke

>tfw no movie focused on bonerguy and friends

he's in the sequel

imdb.com/title/tt5052474

>Isabela Moner
Oh lawd

>Soldado
>not Sicario 2: Sicarioer

Shame.

That this Canadian director gives his best with tight, decently-paced scripts

a splinter cell movie would be sick

Taylor Sheridan is a much better screenwriter than actor

female cops are useless

Has anybody noticed that retards that like this flick only like it because they hate women?

How fucking pathetic can you be?

>m-m-muh realistic portrayal of female characters

>Has anybody noticed that retards that like this flick only like it because they hate the Latinx community?
ftfy

I learned that the director was a hack.

"DON'T ABORT YOUR BABY"

That doesn't make any sense since they like del Toro's character, retard.

Whats Sup Forums obsession wuth Sicario?

Del Toro is working for the white imperialists, massacring Mexicans and other PoC in a juvenile revenge fantasy. A "Tio Tomas", if you will.

Leave the women at home

It's a really good movie.

What is wrong with you?

COMPAS, COMPAS

plenty of mexicans really fuckin hate mexicans

That was probably his base motivation - the family getting killed was the catalyst and affirmation.

It's supposed to make you realise that the war on drugs is a joke and normies lap it up for all of five minutes before hitting the bong or doing coke in a toilet stall. Thank you for the brilliant insight Flickmaster Denis.

i like how they showed good operator.

they showed rawness of mexico

tricked us into thinking this was feminism the movie with black love interest, but was almost opposite

del touro's back

male rape scene

NoI can confirm this as a mexican

You're an idiot

u mad, trumpweenie?

no underfloor heating

>women are incompetent and weak
I don't even think, this is something the writer wanted to stress. I believe it is more about ethics. Throughout the movie you see the only people getting shit done are utterly ruthless and amoral.

>This is a land of wolves, and you're not a wolf.

emily blunt needs a good choking once in a while

God, Sup Forums is turning into Sup Forums. This movie is solid. It looks good and sounds good, and I like the jurisdictional clusterfuck that is used as a cover so Benicio can reach out and touch someone. Emily Blunt is a stone cold fox. Usually I think of Brits as ugly people but Emily Blunt sure challenges that notion. Brolin was great, the guy that did the cinematography for NCFOM did this too so it looks great, and yeah, I just love this movie. Solid A for me.

He never loved you Pam.

>Wanting to learn something from a movie
That's how I know you're a godforsaken pleb

that whore was terrible. I had to turn it off halfway because her acting was so bad. obviously fucked some producers along the way. Benicio Del Toro was the only thing making this passable.

Are you even too retarded to follow a simple movie?

ITS THAT SHITLORD DENIS VILLENEUVE'S OPUS ON THE HARSH REALITIES UNDERPINNING SEXISM

WOMEN SHOULD KNOW THEIR ROLE AND STAY IN THE BEDROOM AND THE KITCHEN WHERE THEY BELONG

BASICALLY THEYRE GENERALLY INCOMPETENT IN THE WORKFORCE AND IN DANGEROUS JOBS PUT EVERYONE AT RISK ESPECIALLY THEMSELVES ALL TO FOLLOW THE FEMINIST EMPOWERMENT SHILLING AND #METOOISM

what about brolin?

what is this?

>i'm not sure i want to watch another denis flick.
Watch BR2049, it's kino.

Pretty much the worse of every world it steps in.
Deakins images are predictably pretty but they are never allowed to breathe. Everything here is pre ordained, everything, both visual and dramatic, has to fall in a very narrow function.The hard truths it delivers are of the sort any dumb down B action film like Close Range contains (and it is almost hilarious made like no one has ever point out how vile the war on drugs were before).
Problem is with how the film applies its surface realism and how it feels to me as too tasteful a movie to what it is trying to go for. He tries to bite to much stuff and end up exposing his simple mindedness. It is always gonna go for the tasteful shot even if its time to have DelToro to execute a family, it is gonna pay lip-service to realism but its messy fetid places and faces are so in rather clean way.

What is truly despicable about Villeneuve is how for all the hot air a film like Sicario has, it refuses to actually get dirty, Its anti-septic pretense filmmaking that seems dead set into erase the real thing from existence and that truly piss me off. It should be said respectful exploitation is literally my least favorite kind of movie, so this is very much not made for me.
Had Sicario for instance settled up in being mostly an extraction procedural his "lack of attention to a true moral complication" would go down much easier (Prisoners suffers even more from that).
This is the kind of film it wants to be and it really believes needs to go to the places it goes in the final act, I'd rather it drag us to the mud with DelToro in that scene with the family instead of stage it so carefully and safe.
I feel like instead of taking us to an uncomfortable place it pretty much just says "isn't it awful?"