How can a robot give birth?

How can a robot give birth?

replicant - artifical human, more like clone than robo

how can a mass of flesh give birth to another mass of flesh?

nice hair faggot

god fucking damnit

Replicants in Blade Runner films aren't robots, they're more like artificial humans grown in a lab.

Side note, I find it funny that there's probably some secret lab in China that is trying to achieve just that right now.

Humans are just organic machines with supercomputer brains anyways.

is this a Jojo reference?

What would be the difference between a Chinese replicant and a Chinese human?

a chinese replicant might develop human emotions

The same as the difference between a gorilla and a nigger
koko had a higher IQ then a typical african

heh

Nothing; neither chinks nor replicants have souls.

The question is why the vast majority of replicants can't make a baby and when one is capable to do so it is "revolutionary". They are biological organisms after all.

Plastic vagoo.

Didn't they have to cut out the baby? And she died ?

you have never seen a miracle

Can a man?

Correct, and the baby had genetic defects like a dysfunctional immune system, which is actually something that occurs IRL with cloned animals and the offspring of cloned animals.

The implication being that while Tyrell was able to figure out how to make replicants reproduce, he wasn't able to perfect the process in a single attempt.

also what the fuck purpose is there to make humanoid robots? to play god? learning about it throug scifis like terminator and westworld, etc, it should be illlegal to make robots in human form.
AI is needless too. just program robots specifcally to one job.

I was thinking that even Tyrell didn't plan on making her reproductive. That was a random mistake that allowed it to happen (hence why her baby chute wasn't built to push a baby out)
Or that even with her bones and Robo-DNA they still couldn't figure it out

>hurr duur I'm a brainlet

they were made as slave labor

As fuck puppets obviously. Jesus, learn24chan.

That's a possibility too. Either it was happenstance or it was intentional, and we'll never really know. Just like we'll never really know whether Deckard is a replicant or to what degree Joi actually loved K rather than just being programmed to display affection

damn did not even think about that.clever

nice reference

Oh this is great too. Like he wanted to make her as human as possible but went too far and no one could recreate his "mistake"

Right, but in a cyberpunk world where you have all this tech and AI, it doesn't really make sense to build humans for these sorts of jobs. Why grow a human to operate a forklift when you can just make a AI-controlled forklift and cut out the middleman? Same with basically all physical labor jobs. And for non-physical-labor jobs, you don't even need a physical entity, and you could just use an AI instead.

basically this tbqhfam

yes, thats why its needless to look like a human.
also they make this IRL (sexbots, AI), thats why it's annoying

I don't get it

>needless to look like a human

I guess they shouldn't have made the movie then
with this brilliant deduction it is all pointless

for fucks sake, genre fiction really rots your brain

God it's so refreshing to have a film leave you with questions. Interesting ones, too. Not dangling plot threads or unresolved events for a sequel but actual things to discuss for years to come.

>How can a robot give birth?
>robot

this my favourite new meme

>Plastic vagoo.

plastic AND sideways?!??

I understand how someone could make that mistake if they'd only ever heard about Blade Runner or maybe half-watched the original film, but I don't get how someone could make it to the end of 2049 and not understand that they're bioengineered rather than robots.

skinjob detected
the day of the blackout soon

>replicants are virtually indistinct from humans, such that only psychological exams can test for them
Were you even paying attention? This was a major plot point in the original

I'm not sure you understand what the day of the blackout actually was

Ask Krillin

The replicants will be more efficient at goldfarming in MMOs.

the blackout was done by, and good for, skinjobs

so i welcome it

i mean, i would, if i was myself a filthy skinjob as you allege, which i assure you i am not

Underrated

>it was a literal Miracle that allowed a replicant baby to be born

>ive seen things wouldnt believe