Characters who should be a lot more relevant than they are:

>Is a pre-existing minority character in a time of diversity pushing
>Has strength and speed exceeding Captain America
>Is an activist, meaning they could do as much social commentary and it wouldn't be out of character
>There's probably tons of artists who could give his costume a redesign
>Rides a cool bike
>Looks like Doomguy in casual clothes
>Doesn't afraid of anything

Its even worse since Occupy Avengers was originally going to include American Eagle as one of the leads but Marvel forced the writer to use Red Wolf instead, because apparently they want him to be their lead Native guy, yet seem to have no idea what they want him to do. I guess there's a quota on Native Americans at Marvel, though 1 is better than DC's 0

Any other characters who desperately need a push?

Ryan Trent has only had one appearance in any comic, which is a shame since he's a legitimately interesting antagonist. His first appearance already works perfectly as an origin issue, but no writer has used him since. Not only does he address the uselessness of cops in a world of capes, but he's one of the few legacy villains in a sea of legacy heroes.

He has so much potential as a character, but every writer seems to just want Moon Knight to dick around in his own little corner of the MU, never interacting with any other characters that survive past one issue or developing as a character at all.

Watching him beat the everloving shit out of Bullseye was pretty great

I'm pretty sure my dad fought this guy in a bar one time

Your dad is a comic books character?

Ok that kinda pisses me off. His appearance in T-Bolts is one of the GOAT BTFO moments in cape comics and he's pretty much just fucked off since then. I'm sure Walker woulda handled him great too

like honestly, where is he? Eli was a really cool character, I guess he wouldn't fit with how the young avengers went with being all LGBT and stuff but i feel like he'd at least be in Sam's Captain America book with it dealing with black people

Nightrunner.

His costume is fine. Imagine a current marvel redesign they would add some random plates, put a shit ton of lines and some textures.

Bring back/use more of El Aguila!

dead in another dimension

Magneto Helmet on a native american = NEWWORLDORDER.

I think there was rights issues with the character since he was also created by the guy who made Isaiah Bradley and some feud with him and Marvel made him take the characters with him. So the entire Bradley Family is unusable.

Surprised this guy never made the jump from the Show to the comics. He'd be easy to adapt, maybe he'd be a new mantle for a lesser known bat hero like Duke or Raven Red or one of the Azraels

This sucks if true. Makes sense since they've been invisible.

>Red X
>Hero

Nigga, come on.

On the subject of people who never appeared in anything again, pic related. Aya turned up in one comic and had a few cameos but he just disappeared even though he was a pretty fun character with an interesting story.

New 52 screwed up by de-aging Alan Scott and making him gay. He was better representing an older generation dealing with a son that is gay, something that wasn't acceptable in Scott's prime.

Obsidian was an already established character, that happened to be gay. Now, he doesn't even exist.

He showed up recently in Legends of Tomorrow if that's any consolation

Seriously, where the fuck has this guy gone?

definitely should've gotten an ongoing over Batwing

Didn't he hand Bullseye his ass on a silver platter?

He did and it was glorious.

Nah, Batwing definitely had more potential, but DC pretty much "killed" him after about a year.

It's a shame because his design is simple yet just the right levels of edgy.

Knight, Squire, and Hood should come back too. I'm sure there's some way to use them in a commentary on Brexit.

Out of curiosity, how did Batwing have more potential than Nightrunner?

I'm torn between wanting more Razer and fear of him getting ruined.

He's just villain Punisher, or like a 'gone too far' type Vigilante, or at least that's how I took him. I got the feeling Ellis was taking a pass on characters like Frank.

Also, didn't he blow up? A lot?

Taking a piss I mean.

Since when does blowing up a lot stop someone?

why isn't he on the champions again? why not as ghost rider as a temporaily member from time to time too.

I'll dig out my book but I'm sure he was left charred and for dead by the end. If he does end up coming back it would have to be with a new gimmick, because he'd be something completely different.

Also I just realized because of the new universe bullshit he could just be fine if they wanted him to be.

Pic fucking related.

Look, man, alls I'm saying is I've seen toku and those guys get all kinds of blown and up they seem pretty okay.

Dose sparks all over

Co-sign. The most underutilized member of B Inc.

Nah, that would be Man of Bats or Australian Batman. Nightrunner had two issues. Man of Bats had one. Australian Batman just kind of showed up in a few panels after the first one died in the Black Glove arc.

A superhero in Africa is a lot more interesting than young parkour kid in France. Africa allows for a lot of potential for stories, especially since we're talking about a whole continent.

That young parkour kid in France was a French-Muslim. Now, I will give that that alone does not a good, interesting character make, but it does allow for relevant social commentary.

Though, I guess you could have Batwing go after a Boko Haram analogue. Or something. Look, I don't know anything about Africa. Are those weird bug alien dudes still living there, or did the A-Team take care of that?

Marvel seems to be really pushing female characters these days yet don't care about the one who had the longest female-led superhero title they ever published.

Kinda, but not really.

She's a young female teen hero in 2017. I don't get why Marvel didn't try to give her a push after Bunn's Venom ended in 2011. She also has the unique position of being able to both appeal to the teen hero audience as well as symbiote fans.

She's a Venom character. She only gets used when she's written by someone who who.doesn't say not muh Venom. Which considering venoms fan base... is no one writing any Venom stories

Pretty sure writers just have no idea what the hell to do with her. She can basically do anything at all, and they do not know how to make challenges for her.

He is criminally underutilized. American Eagle is badass, and is PERFECT for commentary in the Trump era.

It also helps that he really isn't that edgy. He's pretty easy going, affable, and cares about the fate of people, even if he's still just fighting for his own selfish interests.

All these white dudes complaining about illegals in America has always made me want a story where a Native dude comes by and points out the irony of trying to keep part indigenous people out of America. The irony is lost on them, though he would be technically proving their point about foreigners taking over and committing genocide against their people and culture. In the end, no one learns anything and nothing changes and everyone returns to normal.

If I ever write for Marvel, my number one character to write will be Persuasion.

The fact that Purple Man's raoe baby trying to be a hero hasn't been the subject of a dark and brooding street level story is insane.

Non-lantern cosmic DC in general has troubles the past decade or so.

literately Marvel's best girl

She should be in Jessica Jones. Just to make her squirm over something.

Blonde and practically naked? Oh hell yes!

I know he's dead, but he's still too much of an impactful character to be as forgotten as he is.

100 issues and 25 more that were only really collected in digest format
wtf
wtf
wtf

And how.

For those who don't know, on this page Bullseye's "containment" device that the T-Bolts use to keep him in line kicked in, hence the lightning

It's not even that. They *could* limit her powers in some way and in fact, they already have since she *does* have a set amount of mana she can pull from before she starts running out of magical energy and stamina. It doesn't come up much iirc but that element is there.

But it's partially not even that, it's just that they fail to see how Zatanna could become the face of DC's magical corner, like how Constantine kinda is now. Zee could bridge the gap between traditional DC superheroes and the darker, creepier magic underworld.

They could do a lot of cool shit with her but for now, they're fine with just letting her appear every so often, do something magical, and then leave for awhile, it seems.

>double backhanded bitchslap

Dear god the only way that could be more pimpin' is if he did it with a pair of rings on his hands that left his insignia on his cheeks

>She's a Venom character. She only gets used when she's written by someone who who.doesn't say not muh Venom.

But why? A writer can have her take part in a story without it being a Venom story. She's more than just a symbiote. She's a teen hero. That allows more wiggle room.

He's basically got big potential to being a recurring crime lord in DC's street gang committee. Even though Static doesn't have a comic, he can at least get an appearance on a Titans book.

In this arc AE drove into town to tell the Registration Act people to suck it, crossbowed Moonstone's arm to a jump-jet causing her to get towed away at supersonic speeds, generally made an ass out of the T-Bolts, then beat Bullseye so goddamn hard he spent most of the next arc in a coma.

kek

Dick Ryder. While you were merely squabbling over petty issues he was fighting the Annihilation Wave.
Kinda makes the heroes on Earth seem like useless dickweeds.

Surprised someone like Spencer isn't using him. He seems like he'd be better suited to be the new Captain America than Falcon, and I actually like Falcon as Cap.

It would be pretty funny if the new Cap was someone random like Eagle and the story revolved around everyone asking " Who the hell is this guy?" since unlike bucky, he looks completely different and couldn't hide it.

WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE IN MORE THINGS?!

it actually makes more sense
at least be a supporting character in either of the Cap books

Because normies know Falcon from the movies and that's how you get the headlines.

It's a combination between this and writers generally preferring to "make their own mark" on the comics instead of bringing back obscure heroes to either use them in a position that actually gels with their theme or repurpose them.

Hell yeah. Really wanted to see more of this guy, shame the whole thing got scuppered by New 52. Great costume as well

"Wait, what about American Eagle? He fucked up Bullseye!" was the first thing I thought when I saw Redwolf was getting the diversity push. So odd they never used him

The sunday symbiote threads are trash heaps of unbiridled autism, but they are hardly indicative of the fandom as a whole.

We need more The Captain!

It hasn't been any good since R.E.B.E.L.S. died with Flashpoint...

Who the hell is Red Wolf?

Time-displaced Indian warrior with some spiritual connection with wolves

He doesn't look like that though, isn't he going full woo woo shirtless native indian Brave in buckskins alongside the teen squad?

>He doesn't look like that though,
That's how he is now in the modern 616-8 era.

So they realized that by trying to score 'progressive points' by having a native hero featured who looked this way was actually going to offend the same people they are trying to pander to?

That was my favorite issue of that MK run. I honestly think he works best just as a one time villain. He was hardly even a legacy villain as much as he was essentially a man who wanted to feel important. He just tried too hard to be exceptional for the wrong reasons, and even took the name of one of Moon's greatest enemies in the hopes that it automaticallly makes him a major antagonist. The tragedy of him falling on his face attempting to do that is what made that single issue so perfect.

He appeared recently in Nova, didn't he?
It was pretty amazing

I still want a Buddy Cop comic featuring these two.
One is a Mutant Mossad Agent.
The other is a Palestinian Superhero working for Saudi Arabia.
Together they fight crime....and each other.

Yeah. It really kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth when they outright said their reasoning was "We're losing one great gay character. How about we make another one gay?" "How about his dad?"

>punched that bitch so hard his neck broke

Elli-bolts was one of the best cape comics of the last ten years. So nasty and fun. It basically made in-continuity big-two comics feel dangerous, like anything could happen, which I can't say about many series.

While I liked Ellisbolts, it also frustrates me because it's NOTHING LIKE the Thunderbolts that came before it.

Speaking of Thunderbolts, Fixer's husbando should be more relevant.

It was Suicide Squad not Thunderbolts.

Yeah, exactly.