youtube.com/watch?v=KMW7raXEXLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

best sitcom of all time

and you can't argue with that

The show ends when he and Maria leave at the end of the fourth series
Everything after that is repetition

Kvik Hans! Put ze pill in ze till.

>CLOP!
Except that's not true. Hans always says "TLER!".

Why were all of the Nazis except this one such nice guys?

How did Britain make a show like that at a time when most of the pensioners watching were WWII vets?

The golden age of it ends there, absolutely. But it was still decent

What makes it work is that they are British actors - doing French and German accents - in English... if you see what I mean.

This was such a fun and clever detail

Like even if Nazis won and took over everything the average person would not have the energy to consistently click their heels together, throw their hand up and shout "Heil Hitler!" every time they see their mates because people are already too lazy to say complete sentences like "good morning"

>How did Britain make a show like that at a time when most of the pensioners watching were WWII vets?
It doesn't mock the vets, it lampoons tropes about Europe and the War. It was a parody of a real show too, Secret Army, and was satrizing it pretty closely.

Because occupying France was like a vacation from the actual war, only him and the resistance girl wanted to fuck it up for everybody else

This TV-show would give Sup Forums a heart attack.

Because... the Nazis in it are fun and lovable?

But it is really pro-Sup Forums

>Most Nazis are nice people, even Herr Flick is funny. Only Klikenhoffen is a dick
>The Communist Resistance (Not Michelle's resistance) is exposed as a fraud that only cares about the money
>there are Jews working for the Nazis (that English tailor) and no mention of the Holocaust or persecution

god I wish there was a blu-ray

>MY DICKY TICKER!
Monsieur Alphonse was hilarious

Historically I don't understand why Hitler almost seemed to like France

They were treated with such kid gloves compared to, say, FUCK POLAND REEEEEE

Because,to Germans, France was a place of culture and civilized, while Poland was full of barbarian Slavs

"Everyone west of us is cool
Everyone east of us is bad"

Because you got to laugh at the French which is all we've ever wanted really

Because the Poles started genociding the German population of Danzig before Germany invaded, the French didn't.

Nobody likes Poland, not then, not now.

The French didn't have large numbers of Germans on their soil like the Poles did, and would have merrily slaughtered the Kraut fucks of they had the chance, considering the thousands they killed during the Occupation of the Rhineland
Hitler wanted to wipe out Slavs, this isn't a complicated fact

I thought the local Nazi party were in charge of Danzig for years before the war?

>my little tank
>the fallen madonna with ze big boobies
>you stupid woman
>good moaning
>listen very carefully. I shall say zis only once.
>my dicky ticker

just off the top of my head. what do we have nowadays? david mitchell can't get a gf and panel shows.

>the Polish minority were genociding the German majority in Danzig
ok

Fuck, we all should watch the entire series again.

I couldnt even tell you what current sit-coms were out there

The Polish (mostly NKVD Jew) atrocities against the Volksdeutsche are well documented. Not saying either side are angels and I wouldn't call it a "genocide" per say... but it happened.

Bump

Watching the final episodes was heartbreaking.

Plenty of people were offended by Allo Allo, they even had a discussion forum on TV about it when th show was still coming out. But majority of the public loved it.

Because France is a country of culture and fine arts.

didn't know that Sup Forums rates Allo Allo. one of the comfiest shows of my childhood.

would you pay extra for the egg whisker?

They were forcing catch phrases all the time on the show just to see what stuck.They were actually a bit baffled at what worked on the show, iirc. Just because few of them you remember were funny doesn't most of them were.

Doesn't matter, likeable characters pulled it off either way.

the best of the best

You look hella fun

Why didn't von Smallhausen get the ending he deserved? We never saw him again after the bathtub incident.

>It is I, LeClerc!
LeClerc 2 was funny, but it just wasn't the same after the first one.

Agreed. It was one of those last eps that just left you sitting staring at the screen to take it all in.
Any other shows with this feel?

Sup Forumstards need to be purged

It came about because the actor didn't want to say the full 'Heil Hitler' as it made him feel bad on a personal level. So from that we got a comedy catchphrase.

The writers stated that the reason the show worked is because it portrayed everyone as idiots. Aside from the obvious good/bad split on an individual level the characters were all as incompetent as each other, nobody could claim moral superiority, at least within the context of the show.

>blatant French whores on prime-time TV
It really was a different time.

I wish more sitcoms would implement those accents.

Allo Allo was basically the Trump of shows in the 80s

Here one (you) now stop trying to derail the thread.

Its still good. But the time we get to Herr Flick II, Bertorelli II and LeClerc III the shark has been jumped.

>My little 'orse with the big' earse
>whadda mistake-a ta make-a
>GENERAL VON KLINKERHOFFEN!!!
>shut up you old bat

Vicky michelle was such a babe. Aged very nice as well.

>tfw most of the cast is dead

Dont get your knockers in a twast

Jesus, user...

historic revisionism wasnt in effect yet

>France during war
OOO OUI YU WANT TO ZE NVADE UZ? PLIS PLIS CUM IN MONCHERIE

>Poland during war
Fuck off, Germanskie kurwy.

>HEIL HITLER!
HEIL MUSSOLINI

COME IN HEAH

JUST

Allo allo or Only fools and horses?

She was never attractive though. Even Rene thought she was ugly.

I remember having a crush on the blonde commie chick, not the leader but the other one.

hahahah I can hear him

WHATA MISTAKER TO MAKER

>that scene when he assembles his men in the town square and they are literally the most incompetent bunch of men ever combined

>TFW irl Rene was gay.

Fapped religiously over her and the other brunette as a kid.

Every time she showed her stockings my pants got a little tighter. I swear allo allo is the cause of my lingerie fetish.

>you will never bang Helga in her prime

DUDE YOU STUUPID WOMAN LMAO

The Allo Allo outro is to date, the comfiest outro ever.

bump

Too many garbage threads around these days. Shame, because Allo Allo is really worth discussing.

Not "Only fools and horses"
You bore me, user

OFOH is pretty good but also a bit depressing at times. Less comfy than Allo Allo, but still top tier.

me in the middle

Are there actually any decent 'family' sitcoms like this and Only Fools and Horses on anymore?

I had a moment quite a few years ago, where I wondered why we aren't getting any god tier sitcoms like 'Allo 'Allo, Are You Being Served, Dad's Army, and It Ain't Half Hot Mum.
Turns out, they were all made by the same people who are now dead.

You now know that there was a fucking video game made for Amiga back in 1993.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMW7raXEXLU

what. the. fuck.

I thought people hated it.

fuck I laughed hard

I say Fairfax, i don't have a bally clue what these chaps are saying

ONIONS
ONIONS
WHO WILL BUY ONIONS FROM A POOR MERE ONION SELLER

MUST! HAVE IT!

HD remake when

Fuck off cunt