Aren't horror movies supposed to be scary??

Aren't horror movies supposed to be scary??

Yeah. It's a good movie but it's not a good horror movie.

the children forgetting the words to a prayer is unironically the thing that scared me most and made me stop watching until it is broad daylight again

forgetting the words to my prayers scares me

"scariness" is subjective

Please stop trying to make this a meme

>the girl starts floating in the woods
>'oh boy, the movie is finally starting to begin'
>credits

It's not

no. no they are not.

Was Diane really a tulpa that Cooper made?

It's a character drama/period piece with a nice spooky atmosphere in the background, which is the best kind of horror film. If you made it so The Witch herself did not actually exist at all the film would still be great, but the fantastic depiction of occultism and folklore heightens the movie even further.

Shit, wrong thread

What thread were you supposed to reply to?

I don't think so, I think in the end you see two Dianes because in the universe they are in, there is another Diane named Linda just like Laura existed as a different person.

are you saying grown men get scared at the same things as a young child? of course it is.

Yes, fear is Primal

The Twin Peaks thread.

In the original series 'Diane' was who he'd address his audio notes to. I thought he might have imagined her into existence.

"fear being primal" doesn't negate the fact that people experience different levels of it. and experiencing horror and dread from a piece of media requires some level of escapism and involvement in it. you can read an hp lovecraft book and not understand it and get absolutely nothing out of it.

I know she was, but she was always a real person, probably his secretary or assistant or something. In The Missing Pieces there's a scene where he's at the FBI talking to her but she's out of frame.

It would be better with all supernatural scenes removed. Self destructing paranoid hicks in the woods > failed horror.

There's a season where she's shot by the FBI and disappears. Then they say something like 'so she was a tulpa!'

But there seems to be two versions of her.

>starting to begin

> puritans in the 17th century
> hicks

Are you fucking retarded?

Fuck all happened in the film, I didn't think it was the end already.

oh, I thought you meant the scene in the last episode. That Diane was a tulpa created by evil dale, the one with red hair was the real one.

you can explain the supernatural scenes as hallucinations stemming from ergot poisoning. you can't really remove the VVitch though since it's the whole point of the movie.
I think the idea of a fat hideous woman stalking a family from the woods and grinding up children for her delusional rituals is a pretty scary concept.

>you can't really remove the VVitch though since it's the whole point of the movie.

Just rewrite the baby disappearance scene and you're good to go.

why though? it's scarier with the witch cunt

No good horror movie was ever scary.

The Exorcist is scary as fuck

what was his fucking problem

He was Satan.

Look mom I posted it again!

The ring

Dumb

It is

He wanted to live deliciously pounding tight virgin puritan poon in the woods.

No

sneed

Sup Forums meme'd this movie because jay bauman liked it and we want to fuck the vaguely loli ayylmao girl

>10/10 setting, costumes atmosphere, folklore references, acting
>even go as far as to speak authentic english of the time
>t-there isn't a clown with a bunch of teeth jumping out at me so it isn't a good horror film

No
Fuck you

So did the eldest son in that scene where he's about to die cum his pants and/or pissed himself? Did anyone else notice this?

despite what people say. the vvitch is not a horror movie.

it's a good movie, it's a good period drama. it's a good period drama with a supernatural element. but it certainly aint horror

despite what people say. alien is not a horror movie.

it's a good movie, it's a good science fiction drama. it's a good science fiction drama with a extraterrestrial element. but it certainly aint horror

>aren't horror movies supposed to be scary
Jesus christ just go back to wherever it is you came from already

no because muh jump scares and muh real cinema

don't breathe was so cheap

you didn't find the witch grinding up a babies penis horrifying?

Children these days, wanting in your face visual stuff happenning to be able to grasp the narrative

This.
The movie is pure kino. Also, relying in atmosphere and character narrative ensures it will not age like milk.
Honestly, for me it is the best horror movie since the exorcist.

So what's scary about it. The fact that you use the word kino says a lot about you

you're a cunt and your meme sucks. no one cares if you liked the movie or not.

Thats not a response

I've been wondering the same while watching IT.
Then just keked audibly whenever the clown showed up for a spasmatic autism seizure scene.

no one cares if you don't like the movie