Is this better or worse then Rick and Morty?

Is this better or worse then Rick and Morty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nE8U2W0LyhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IxZ5xcN2-64
youtube.com/watch?v=dGalix-sVXs
youtube.com/watch?v=zIeGfsTbofM
youtube.com/watch?v=vPKNkTzUIMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it depends

A lot better.

Sup Forums doesn't like anything that is not in a family setting.
Really makes you think.

It actually can do both drama and humor so better

Funy horse do drug... Drink booze... Just like me... Wow... So deep...

youtube.com/watch?v=nE8U2W0LyhQ

Having watched only 1 episode of Rick and kid and all of Bojack Horseman I can say with confidence that Bojack is the better show.

yeah, redditors only THINK their shows are deep. us true channers no that the shows we like are the ones that are ACTUALLY deep

Like ten times better

A show without a family can be a bad thing.

It's much better. Other than being animated and the main character attempting suicide, they don't really have anything in common at all and I'm not sure why people constantly compare them. Rick and Morty has a genocidal super-genius doing whatever the fuck he wants with no consequences while his family worships him, Bojack Horseman has a fat talentless idiot doing horrible things while making everybody hate him.

S3 was shit

started to shit after season 2, so

Like ten times worse

What age is that

S4 was best season tho

Futurama or Rick and Morty
That should be the real question

it's a cartoon for sensitive new males

Futurama wins that one easily

S4 was kind of hit or mess, it fell back to the weakest part of season 1 which was hamfisted political shit. I think everything from late in season 1 (whatever the episode is where he has the drug-fueled fantasy about Charlotte) up until the end of season 3 was terrific though.

its funnier and has better characters

*hit or miss

pleb

they're both gay, but bojack horseman is worse

Ah yes, the sophisticated intellectual show about the funy horse that do drug truly a work of genius for the enlightened

>im a REEL man, feelings are for GURLZ

plebs

Of course Sup Forums would consider this better. It's less popular.

Manchild.

I wouldn't call it intellectual or sophisticated. It's just a show about a depressed alcoholic doing shitty things and sometimes there's bestiality.

But it actually is better. By a lot.

>criticize something for being pseudodeep by making the most shallow reductive surface level analysis possible
what did brain geniouses mean by this?

Bojack has become too tryhard and hasn't really decided what it wants to be.
>Entire episode with wholly predictable outcomes.
>Storylines latch on jokes and the humor actually affects the plot, with Todd subplots connecting in some kind of retarded whirligig on a traintrack.
>Relatively decent dialogue being hailed by autistic sperglords as beacons of philosophical outpouring.
I like the show. It's decent. It's funny in parts, but never laugh out loud. It tries too hard to be sad and hard-hitting in places that are luke warm at best and, in the end, ultimately forgettable.

>shallow surface level reductive analysis
It's just a condescending cartoon show about a has-been written by someone who has nothing to do with Hollywood yet fancies himself above all of it, it can't get more shallow than that.
>B-b-b-but a Lindsay Lohan-esque character died of an overdose muh feels ;_;

Sarah Lynn's overdose comes pretty late in the show and was kind of a cheap thing you could see coming from a mile away, the genuinely sad stuff usually involves Bojack taking a good situation and completely sabotaging himself. Like with Charlotte and Penny.

>It's just a condescending cartoon show
to who?
>written by someone who has nothing to do with Hollywood yet fancies himself above all of it
lol yeah i'm sure you have nothing but reverence for hollywood and celebrities and are totally not the type of person who would be in other threads posting celebrities' names with jew brackets or talking about how hollywood elites dont get normal people.
>it can't get more shallow than that
it could if you actually identified something shallow about it
>B-b-b-but a Lindsay Lohan-esque character died of an overdose muh feels ;_;
lol more deep and thoughtful analysis that totally doesn't make you look like a moron, huh?

season 1 and 2 of rick and morty were pretty good sometimes

bojack sucks

bob's burgers makes me want to rip my eyes out

xavier renegade angel is better than any of the above

going through depression and M.E. I can definitely relate to Bojack Horseman a lot more than the entry level nihilism 2deep4me shit of Rick and Morty. They're very different shows though.

>fat drunk idiot does stupid shitty things then feels bad about himself

Good show. Not a fan of "le wacky Todd adventure" episodes or "Diane teaches us all about politics" episodes though. Also Hollyhock is boring.

Todd is literally /ourbum/

I find Bojack to be the better show but, both shows seem to have a fan base that likes to wank about how watching it makes them awesome.

Idk what's awesome about watching Bojack, if you can relate to the main character then you're pretty pathetic.

>comedies should be deep
Who ever said this was a rule?

>when you realize Secretariat is Jim from The Office

worse in terms of cartoon
better in terms of fanbase

Depends if he has a horsecock or not

one of the best netflix shows (if not the best). It doesnt have much competition but still.

I like the peanutbutter guy, reminds me of myself annoying my edgy ""nihilistic"" friends with my optimistic outlook even though I'm not in a better situation than them.

mr peanutbutter is the best character

You don't have friends, user.

also has the best theme

youtube.com/watch?v=IxZ5xcN2-64

youtube.com/watch?v=dGalix-sVXs

It's better than Rick and Morty, but the last season wasn't that good honestly. Too much time spent on Todd and Princess Carolyn and Diane.

The show is nothing without Bojack and Mr. Peanut Butter, those are really, honestly the only two characters I find interesting at all. And Bojack was like an afterthought this year

>Mr Peanut Butter

I loved the gameshow episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIeGfsTbofM

it's weird how rarely the two of them are paired together anymore given how good their chemistry is

The writers really really love Diane and Todd for whatever reason

S3 is my fave. That underwater episode was really good.

The episode where he's "nominated" for an Oscar was good too.

>There's gonna be plenty of people around when I kill myself

How does nobody ever talk about the complexities of Vincent Adultman, arguably the best character in that show?

The full version of the intro theme is fantastic, probably my favourite TV show theme since Peep Show

youtube.com/watch?v=vPKNkTzUIMA

he had a hard life

What the fuck was his problem?

Worse surprisingly

I like it

i really wanted vincent to lose his trenchcoat and show a bunch of body deformities

What was the political message? It didn't really target any political figures.

Easily. The humor was fine tuned and it didn't rely too much on the "feels" to have an impact. The characters and their stories were actually engaging.

>"Wow, I didn't expect america to hate women more than it loves guns."

kek

>implying Sebastian St. Claire isn't the best

Are you kidding? A bunch of old white men decide they hate women more than they like guns, then they ban all guns, and Carolyn says "wow Diane, you made people pass sensible gun laws", and Diane says "I can't believe america hates women more than it loves guns". It's not exactly subtle.

>the live-in nurse doesn't notice the giant tub of powdered ephedrine in the pantry that Beatrice, who she's paid to care-take, uses every day (was Beatrice holding onto that since the 90s or what?)
>nor does the nurse, a medical professional, notice Hollyhock's worsening amphetamine symptoms

For a show that makes a big theme out of storytelling, it sure sucks at storytelling.

Only if you don't count anything from after Futurama's cancellation.

You expect the care-bear to.. Actually care?

>Hollyhock eating less garbage is foreshadowing for an impending disaster

They're really going all-in of the fat acceptance, aren't they?

>implying Care Bears actually Care

I think you're overthinking it. It's not the fact that she was eating less that was the problem, it was the fact that she was eating less because Beatrice was drugging her.

What bothers me about season 4 is that the Penny/Charlotte bombshell never comes back to bite him. He tells the editor of Vanity Fair that he tried to bang a 17-year old because he couldn't bang her mom, then tells everyone at an AA meeting the same thing, and nothing ever comes of it. Imagine if in real life, John Stamos* tried to bang Kate Beckinsale's 17-year old daughter, it would be a news story at the very least.

*best IRL equivalent of Bojack I can think of, since most people know him but only from Full House

he's king of known as a degenerate and that's part of it. imagine if something like this came out about charlie sheen, it wouldn't surprise anyone. stamos would surprise people since he's seen as a relatively clean cut guy. i found him being considered for an oscar more unlikely.

>Look at me reducing a show in a cartoonish manner to some aspects of it to make it sound bad.

You can do that with literally anything to make it sound bad.

I love the show and this made me laugh hard

>i found him being considered for an oscar more unlikely.

Remember that wasn't based on the real Bojack. That was computer Bojack, they digitally replaced him because he went off on a 2-month bender in the middle of production.

well let me reprase i find it more unlikely for bojack to be considered for an oscarbait film. can you imagine stamos as the mc in the next speilberd war movie?

For me, this is possibly my favourite episode of the entire show, such great development for both characters. Definitely, the episode that cements Mr Peanutbutter as a great character outside of his whacky antics.

what i like the most about the show is the consistent and somewhat deep world building. the ani-humans shit could've been such a shitshow if it was done badly. one of the most impactful episode was him going to underwater/japan. i even dreamt about it that night.

That scene this season where Mr Peanutbutter says to Bojack that everyone deserves to be loved in the Stupid Piece of Shit episode was great. It was such a short scene but was so excellent, they played it so straight with a second of silence after it and cutting away. Hopefully we get more of them together in later seasons.

it's hard to feel any empathy for bojack when you consider the fact that the dude's rich as hell and can pretty much do whatever he wants in life. i can't really understand why he's so sad all the time

Oh yeah, I see what you mean. But he did have that book, and even the show mocks how silly the idea of the book reviving his career is, with how he wins a Golden Globe for it when as far as I know the Golden Globes don't even have a book category.

DUDE DEPRESSION LMAO

Possibly the dumbest line in the show. I even liked most of the episode up to that point. It really frustrated me because an argument the gun nuts use for guns is exactly the argument Dianne makes in her article.

Worse, only because at least with Rick and Morty the pseudo-intellectual thing is a meme now. People actually think druggie horse: the show is super deep lol

>was Beatrice holding onto that since the 90s or what?

No, I'm sure it was implied that Bojack had it himself considering how he knew exactly where to look for it.

>these ""deep"" """"depressing"""" cartoons trying to pull another Moral Orel

Yeah, amrite. Like anybody on this site would ever relate to feeling like shit all the time.

>i can't really understand why he's so sad all the time
I think the point is that he's got clinical depression, the kind where no matter how good life is your brain chemistry is so fucked that it makes you absolutely miserable. Nothing really makes him happy for very long.

It's kind of weird to see people act smug and superior for "getting" Bojack. He's really pathetic and selfish even if you ignore the whole depression thing. It's not some super-deep, emotional show, it's just a character who has depression. That's nothing special or hard to understand.

But it is nothing like Moral Orel. Morel Orel season three is one of the best seasons of a show ever created IMO but come on now the two aren't similar at all other than superficial details.

people think the show is depressing. and a depressing comedy is a pretty unfilled niche right now. scrubs ventured there. peep show did it too but with a lot of cringe. no one thinks the show is deep. the characters just say depressing shit with the level of depth the average guy would have. bojack and diane are shown as intelligent but not some geniuses.

if you think that people like bojack because of the depth the perceive in it an not the characters and humor i think you have a case of the projections where you thought the show was deep and were disappointed.

At least it doesn't vindicate the character's shitty behavior. Everybody's shittiness is called out in a non-memey, forced manner

I don't think Bojack is ever shown as intelligent. Diane at the very least is a good writer, Bojack can't even remember the last time he read a book.

was that supposed to make me laugh or something?