>Which version of the first is the best one to watch
The Director's cut

>Do I need to watch the first one
Yes

>2022 short where replicants cause the blackout
youtube.com/watch?v=rrZk9sSgRyQ

>2036 short where Niander Wallace is getting approval for his replicants
youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ

>2048 following Sapper Morton a veteran of the war on kalantha before the blackout, getting reported
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WcLzUZSGT6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you feel comfortable visiting a replicant supplied brothel?

Actually, I'd feel alright knowing that what I'm fucking was made especially to be fucked rather than to be an actual human being with hopes and dreams.

Also, androids should be more hygienical than women.

No

Why is this Wallace referred to as the villain of this movie? What did he even do bad?

>Directors Cut
But I heard the better version was the original theater release.

I heard it was the Final Cut.

If they made a more faithful adaptation of Androids, would you watch it?

No, DADOES was awful

it's good if you were confused on first watch

>tfw no big-budget traditionally-animated Watanabe-directed BR/cyberpunk full-feature
That short has weak writing and that cheap CGI animation look to it but man, something with the production style of Knockin on Heaven's Door with the BR atmosphere would be hellafuckingepic.

K is a fucking fag, he had 3 woman whanting him and he choosed the computer program "girl".

>Do I need to watch the first one
>Yes

This is incorrect.

>"That was one of the challenges ... to create a movie that would be in total relationship to the first one, but could stand on its own," he said when we met to discuss the film in London recently. "I will say that people don't need to see the first movie to understand my movie."

The shitty sequel was made for normies.

Where is that artwork from? From the film development or fan art?

exactly

He was clearly modelled after Rhodes, who is doubleplus ungood in the current climate.

would rather buy one outright

kys pleb

Does the movie look anything like that poster?

nope. not the same aesthetic. it looks like its own official poster.

Cos he sent Luv out to fucking kill anyone standing in the way of the formula for replicant reproduction. She basically solo'd the entire LAPD building. You can see people cleaning blood off the walls after she's been there, but they don't draw attention it.

at joi's rain scene we see a billboard of a white face lady with a red dot on her forehead

later on if remember right it happens at the height of the Joi/Marionette love scene, where we get a shot of the same lady but this time just the whole billboard. there's something said but not in english

what's up with this? even when she's in the shot as Joi walks out into the rain she's not looking at them as much as she's looking directly at the camera, making it the only instance aside from the Eye where a gaze is put directly on the audience

this desu

Does anyone know the significance of K looking at (and showing us) the cigarettes at the orphanage?

Joi lights his fire at his cell, and then he finds cigarettes at the 'office' of the orphanage and is affected by it, but i'm not clear on why this is a big deal for him, aside from maybe the obvious connection to himself and how he smokes between doing his job which isn't too far removed from the that of the man in charge of the orphanage, the management of slaves in the system

how did it do in Japan?

i can't think of blade runner without thinking of jerk off instructions
help

best soundtrack in the movie, no doubt. gives me goosebumps every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=WcLzUZSGT6Q

Alright fuckers. Am I the only one who still wants to believe Deckard is a human?

He IS human. Fuck Scott, adding in bullshit after the movie is produced. What a stupid, revisionist cocksucker.

General threads on Sup Forums? That's cute.

best quality download for the first blade runner?

I went to see it opening day in Shinjuku a few days ago. It was full which isn't surprising for the area, but it seemed like the audience was into it.

Recommend some other films, shorts, or even animes I might like if I enjoy BR.

Here on Sup Forums you don't have to make a general to talk about a movie!

But it's cute.

Watch Solaris, the Russian one.

When is bluray coming out?

Better version is indeed the Final Cut aye. I wouldn't bother with Director's.

How so user?

December

What's it like to hold the hand of someone you love, Sup Forums?

I feel like I'm too stupid to notice all the symbolisms in this movie.

that soon? damn

There is no symbolism, just themes

cells

This and Joi are my favorites on the soundtrack. I don't count tears in the rain because it was in the first movie.

What version?

Silhouettes in 2049:

from the first character encounter to the end of the movie we see various characters silhouetted in shadow or otherwise coming out of the shadow into light or getting covered in shadow
nowhere is this light play more apparent than at wallace headquarters and around wallace more specifically, but we do get examples of the same happening elsewhere, such as in the brief moment where Joi gets rid of, disposes of marionette who tells joi that she's empty inside while both are in shadow, right before the lights turn on and she leaves

The general way in which this shadow play is seen on screen coincides with characters and their relation to their interiority, their sense of self and how that self relates to whatever the context of the scene is, which generally leads to a pointing out of a characters 'emptiness' that coincides with them falling in shadow.

Sapper is the first one to call this out, specifically when he berates K for being able to kill his own kind (ie calling him soulless) after we had seen him silhouetted in the shadows in wait for the pig to walk into the slaughter.

This culminates in deckard's scene with wallace where wallace fucks with deckard's head completely and the scene builds to deckard's face being covered in shadow, which is then match cut with K walking out into the bridge where he sees the joi ad, where we AGAIN see him silhouetted, dark against the light of the joi ad with *black* eyes

and in the same way that deckard's certainty in regard to his memories and their meaning is 'emptied' (or whatever term you may find more apt) K is similarly emptied in his scene with freysa, where we see him silhouetted as he falls down at his realization and freysa lets him know that he imagined the child was him while others are content with only wishing. its interesting that in this exact moment the lighting in the background is a sort of 'ray' beaming down from behind K's head in the background.

The ash tray has a horse carved on it

I watched it for the second time today and I realised that Luv kisses K after stabbing him because Wallace does the same to the new model of replicant at the start of the film.

And I missed the big Atari logo the first time around.

Yeeeep. The Deckard is a replicant thing is a pleb filter. Akin to when idiots try to get certitude out of open endings. Even if they were right, they'd still be missing the point.

>Tfw don't now how do I into symbolism

Interiority isn't a word

directors cut of the first i guess. Havent seen any of the movies before.

>forgetting Sea Wall
I'm going to do a "mix" of Sea Wall, All the Best Memories are Hers and Tears in Rain tonight, will post if anyone is interested. These 3 songs need to be put together.

i think all of this is completed in the shot of K dying in the snow, only this time he's a distinct figure against the snow falling on and around him, silhouetting him clearly in light rather than leaving him in shadow as before

aside from this, its one of the few moments of something being placed center frame, with the only other shots i remember doing this being The Eye and later on the white light in the sky, eye in the sky that protects him at the junkyard then finds him in vegas

i also just remembered that after K lands on Sapper's farm we get a shot of him coming out of the mist, which would make this the first silhouette in the movie and might be a match for his final moment on the steps.

i'm just scratching on some things in these posts, there is more here and in relation to things like color and water and other matching shots throughout the movie. maybe someone can click things that i haven't yet

in·te·ri·or·i·ty
inˌtirēˈôridē/Submit
noun
the quality of being interior or inward.
inner character or nature; subjectivity.
"the profound interiority of faith"

I do, also it frames the dynamic with K much more appropriately. Anyone who says otherwise is just an autist that likes to pretend they're engaging in some form of critical thinking.

The only problem I have with BR is lack of quotable and memorable monologue/dialogue of some charismatic character. The most memorable thing is INTERLINKED.

>before we even know what we are we want to protect it

"Deckard is a replicant" is the equivalent of Inception's "was it a dream?" BS that people ran to the ground for years.

>tfw no physically superior replicant gf who will beat the shit out of you

deckard is a fucking human, scott and his retarded fucking revisionism won't change that

The more human than human line is particularly bad and memorable

>and stab you and then mouth-rape you while you're both soaking wet because "she's the best"
Why even live

You really are the best angel, aren't you Luv

and she literally wears earrings that ring for her to do her job...... at least K isn't physically attached to his chains....

>You look like a good Joe

>Luv
>in chains
WEW

They just call K through his holofu instead

Why was Luv so obsessed with being BEST though? I mean, she basically got mad because K wanted to fuck his waifu and that's all?

>oh, come on, get up
>do your fucking job

I know it's a foreign concept here but some people strive to be the best at what they do

LEWD

Well, it's okay and not memorable. Also
>charismatic character
It was good one, yep. Not really memorable though.
It's was just typical "cop officer speech"

She wanted to be best at fucking autistic cop replicant? She basically got jelous of programm and went full crazy bitch mode because of that. Like a typical woman btw

I watched it again last night and caught something I didn’t notice before. When prostitute chick picks up the horse she says something that I didn’t hear too well. I think she said either:
“It’s from my dream” or “it’s from a tree.”

Anyone know what she said?

no one gets it good in 2049, but i find it particularly odd that Luv only exists to do a n y t h i n g wallace wants her to do, and that even while being 'special' among his 'angels' she is still nothing more than a slave

Ear piercing is an old slave practice, when i saw 2049 again yesterday i was hit with how fucked up it was that she had a little bleeper in her ear, how apparent it is that she's property to her pimp..... he does call her an angel after all.....
it's also kind of weird how K calls Joshi Madame..... as you've noticed, she's able to call him in a way similar to the way Luv is called....

this picture is my favorite thing to come out of 2049 tbqhwyf

Blade Runner is pretty faithful to the book. They just cut some scenes out, added some weird time span for some reason, and had different themes

Can someone explain this pic to me?

if anyone questions you enough on this 'memorability' and 'charisma' you think this movie lacks you're going to get backed into a corner where you're describing your ideal self

The latter

Is this movie an instant classic? Will people be talking about this movie after 35 years?

It's from a tree.
but she said it like she recognized it
she just didn't know what it was made out of

How come BR2049 fans are so oblivious that this is best girl?

>no physical contact
>best girl

nah

Because she isnt

Did you read the same book I did?

because daddy tells her she's the best
everyone knows every little girl just want to make daddy happy

"you know replicants aren't supposed to lie"
"i'll tell daddy you shot first and i had to kill you"

straight up. i remember being surprised at seeing a lady talk in a way that took me back to childhood. yes there's something to say about womanhood if that's what you get out of it that this child aspect of it is definitely intentional and a part of the movie in general

after all, we don't actually know how old K and Luv actually are

do it please

>after all, we don't actually know how old K and Luv actually are
They're not that old. 10 years at most

ya just described JOI, dummy

also
>jerk off instructions
>no physical contact with grill
kek, it's true

K is around 28.

the first
she gets cut off on the final word
judging by the rest of the movie i wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally jumped on the serendipity of "tree" matching up with "drea-"

>They're not that old. 10 years at most
exactly
brah,

"do you have any memory of the blackout"
"that was a little before my time"

LUV BEST GIRL

Yeah, I think they stated they aimed that luv had a emotional age of a 12 year old.

I love the movie and have watched it 5 times so far but surely you guys realize it's not perfect, right? What would you do to improve the movie?

> tighten up the plot a little:
>Who tipped leto off about the child?
>Why exactly does he need the child? How would born replicants work and what benefits would they have? Could they be modified to age faster f.e. bc otherwise this plan seems flawed.
>Add a few gunshots or something before Luv enters Joshis place so it doesn't look as if she could walk in and out at a whim. Maybe place some replicant mooks outside the door.
> Shorten Vegas slightly. Not sure where, personally I found the dekard - K fight completly unnecessary, comically so. Lot's of people seem to like it though..
>Rachel being shot looked a bit fake to me
>Remove the stupid replicant army stepping out of shadows scene. Cut it so they just arrive with one-eye lady.

Anything I missed?

why is this movie so fucked up and why do i love it so much for not backing down from any of its details

Was Wallace lying about replicants not being able to not obeying commands? Or he was okay with Luv lying to him?