JSA v1 Storytime

Because people have been asking for it with the JSA v2 storytimes - here's the volume 1 run from Robinson/Johns.

Thanks man

Ah, Fate. Good bye, 90s child of the extreme.

As always, throw in a bump or two if you're reading!

bump

shame about Kid Eternity, way more interesting than the guy who killed him

shame they had to kill him off, even if it was kinda necessary(although I think they could have done it a bit less pettily)

honestly that's one of the little things that annoys me about this series as good as it overall is, it's tendency to kill off C and D-listers all willy-nilly to make a villain look scary/serious

Scarab has an incredibly ridiculous costume, even by 90's standards

all the more so due to it being barely any different from the on he wore back in the Golden Age in-universe(which sticks out like a sore thumb during flashbacks)

F
He deserved better than this.

This is the only thing I've ever read Kid Eternity in, so I never felt much for his death. And Fate was destined for a grave once the 90s ended one way or another.

We miss ya, Jack. I hope the kids grew up well.

I'm kind of hoping that when DC gets around to reintroducing the JSA, they link the Starheart to the Great Heart they introduced towards the end of Johns' GLC run. Gives it that nice nod towards the Corps, while leaving enough flexibility to keep it mystical.

>This is the only thing I've ever read Kid Eternity in
neither did I, but I'm a firm believer that you should only kill a character off, especially a hero when absolutely necessary, and there's very few times across this or indeed any comic where it felt necessary for the story

HATE this boring overpowered asshole

unfortunately boring overpowered assholes are the most common villain in this series, gets kinda tedious after a while

>unfortunately boring overpowered assholes are the most common villain in this series, gets kinda tedious after a while
Agreed