/Father Ted general/

Any Father Ted fans here, enough to have threads about it?
Talk about some ecumenical matters, perhaps?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/culture/graham-linehan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Any Father Ted fans here
Yes. One of the GOAT comedies

I hear you're a racist now, father.

> That whole sexual world. God, when you think of it it's a dirty, filthy thing, isn't it Father? Can you imagine Father? Can you imagine Father, looking up at your husband, and him standing over you with his lad in his hand, wanting you to degrade yourself? God almighty can you imagine that Father? Can you picture it there Father? Oh get a good mental picture of it. Can you see him there? Ready to do the business?

Source?

I watched the first three episodes and just couldn't do it. I reckon this show is for the same UK people as the it crowd is.

As an american I just don't find it funny

I could never get into Father Ted, but strangely I love Black Books and The IT Crowd which was written by the same guy.

Father Ted

Wha?!

Speed 3 is by far the best episode

>As an american I just don't find it funny
Go watch American Pie then

No, the Christmas episode

It was the episode that parodied Speed. Can't remember the name but it was in season 3.

NAN!

THOSE WOMEN WERE IN THE NIP

I'm not sure what to think of Father Ted. I grew up watching it, and I've seen every episode more than once. The writing doesn't strike me as being clever. The humour seems quite shallow; it basically relies on silliness. I think it's comparable to On The Buses.

Any Father Ben fans here?

Down with this sort of thing.

Careful now

Well it's a surreal satire of sitcoms which then became the basis of all sitcoms that followed.

I mean yes Python managed to make skits while quoting Wittgenstein and still get laughs but you shouldnt hold Father Ted to the same expectations

What's Graham Linehan doing these days? I loved Father Ted, Black Books, The IT Crowd, but it seems like he's done nothing since. I want a new project from him.
Surely the success of all three of those sitcoms shows he's good at what he does and he should be in great demand for another sitcom.

If you like FT watch Toast of London. Same writer, and honestly even funnier.

He writes for the Guardian sometimes that's all I know

theguardian.com/culture/graham-linehan

I agree, but I can't help but look at Linehan's complete works and Father Ted consistently comes out on top. I think Arthur Matthews is the main writer and if you listen to him in interviews the silliness was very intentional but they found it funny because it was about silly priests. Like 'the most boring man in the world' isn't really funny but 'the most boring priest in the world' suddenly becomes funny, which I agree with.
Also grew up on a small quaint island where the church was a dominant figure so half of the silly shit doesn't even seem silly to me, rural islanders are just that fucking eccentric and stupid.
For some reason a silly thing is funny when it happens to a priest, or when Bernard Black has to react to it somehow, but then when it comes to the IT Crowd where silly shit happens to normal people my interest tanks.

Matt Berry ought to be the new James Bond

BONEDHHH.... JAAAMES BONEDHHH....

and we got an extension on the extension so the house is in a CIRCLE now, y'see

spends all day whining about white people and blocking people on twitter

The episode is literally called Speed3

WE GOT TO GET RID OF THAT SAX SOLO!

Apparently he deleted his account. The fucking irony of the Henry Sellers ep
>It's true what they say: "You should never meet your heroes, you'll only be disappointed"