Have you ever read a comic book in public?

Have you ever read a comic book in public?

Yeah, I read Hellblazer trades between classes in the library.

Yeah, every week on the subway ride home from the LCS

All the time.

I feel like this thread is going to be one of many that will start ostracizing people for doing what they enjoy doing in public by calling them autists like they do in Quentin threads on Sup Forums.
Yes I do.

No, I'm not autistic.
The only picture book you can get away with reading in public is The Little Prince.

Yeah, some. I brought Spawn and Evil Ernie to school to show my friends.

Yeah, it was Blue is the Warmest Color of all things

I'm pretty sure people who post in Question threads are more autistic than whoever they make fun of.

>Buying comics

Not past the age of 12

*Quentin

I'd have to buy comics to do that.

Yeah during long shifts at work (security guard) or in public transportation. At worst I was ignored, at best it sparked discussion.

Sure
Mostly when I'm sitting around waiting,
Or back in college between classes.

Hell before I had a job and loved going to midnight movie releases, I'd be first in line waiting by like 5-6PM (since I knew I was gonna be sitting around waiting for the movie, why not do it in line) and I'd prolly go through 3-6 trades while waiting.

people are more likely to ask what you are reading if you read comics in public than novels. With a novel there is rarely a common frame of reference, so you would have to explain them all about the author or the story or the genre. With a comic, since superheroes are so entrenched in it, there is common ground. So they feel more comfortable talking to you about it. I get asked all the time what I'm reading and while they rarely know the characters I read (I'm a C list character fan mostly), or cause I'm reading an indi book, I can at least show them some nice pictures.

Honestly, it's a pretty simple conversation starter

>No, I'm not autistic

yet here you are

>you have to be an autistic slobbering virgin to enjoy a website

keep projecting, lonely pussy

All the time as a kid. I don't usually do it now unless it's Eurocomics with a strong cover because I don't want to damage the books. Specially trades.

Yes. All the time, since I take public transportation to work. And nothing really happens unless I run into another fan and it begins a conversation. Ran into one woman who was a hardcore Batman reader and one who really loved manga. One guy was even an old writer for X-men back in the 90's.

Yes, in College.

Does reading on your phone count? Then yes, but I made sure nobody was watching. The only comic I was caught reading and questioned on, was Maus.

I was reading Harrow County the other day waiting for my car window to get fixed

Every day at lunch. Back in high school, I read comics in almost every class on fuck off days.

I often read comics in the breakroom at work. I once got into a terrific discussion with my boss about it. He was curious about what I was reading, I talked about it for a little bit, and he said that while he wasn't into comics personally because he didn't grow up with them, he did express that he was pleased to see that such things were becoming more mainstream and socially acceptable to enjoy.

Also when I used to take the bus every day I would read comics there as well. Nobody ever said anything because lol nobody wants to talk to each other on the bus.

What were you reading that sparked the conversation? Also, sounds like you have a cool boss.

Not since I was in third grade.

No, I don't want people to think I'm trying to get attention for it or showing off how geeky I am.

I like your waifu user.
I don't have any problem reading comics in public like college or transport.
But like almost a year ago when Hello Comics was active I used to read a lot there from the labs on College.
Ironically that semester was the semester I got the highest grades on College so far.
I haven't been able to talk really much with peole who are into comics thou, except some friends who are into shounen.

Yeah I was reading Aquaman Rebirth vol 1 in Starbucks after I did some school work.

I do have a cool boss. And it was the Doctor Strange/Doctor Doom crossover story with Mignola art.

>"So user, what's the comic you're reading about?"

>Doctor Doom enlists the help of Doctor Strange to help him rescue his mother's soul from hell and beat up the devil.

t. school shooter

I read Sup Forums storytimes in class everytime I start getting bored which is always, regardless of how many students I may have behind me.
Everyone tells me "I'm so fucking real" for doing that,

Was reading Pinnochio Vampire Hunter at the bar my local movie theater had.
One of the workers was wondering what I was reading, and was pleasantly surprised by the title.

Was caught at work reading some comics. Now I'm the go to nerd trivia man. I fucking hate my life.

>At worst I was ignored, at best it sparked discussion.

Same with me. I'm always surprised at the amount of interest in comics among the general population. It's too bad the medium's sales don't reflect that interest.

Reading anything on public space does not work for me

>Bus/metro shaking, making it hard to focus on the words
>Noisy crowded place, making it hard to pay attention
>Constant interruption by random people, accidents and the like

Nah, reading it at home is the way

My sisters are the same.
They're so easily distracted and easily carsick.

I do find it hard when someone is talking to me, but I could fucking read a textbook on a rollercoasters man.