Wildstorm Workbook

Since this came out in issues this week, let's have a Wildstorm thread.

Cool

I don't remember Deathblow being black.

That's a great Void design.

Dang son, I am pretty ok with all of this. Sounds like it is picking up all the big stuff from the last Wildcats run.

Spartans/Halo
IO. Wildcats..

What will happen with the characters and concepts that were introduced in new 52?
Midnighter is doing well and Grifter was on Futures End.

This is full on alt universe. its wildstorm proper, with its own Earth, and probably Multiverse.

Page 2, alternate reality on a parallel Earth. This Wildstorm universe is separate and self-enclosed from the current DC world. Allows for more freedom and a stronger emphasis on the predominant themes that the Wildstorm universe had compared to the DC universe.

So I guess that's it for Clean Room. These clothes look too casual imo.

You know, some user storytimed The Authority and Planetary last week.
Planetary was a crazy and fun concept but with mediocre to good execution.
Hope to see characters like Doc Brass or Jack Carter revamped.

Clean Room did get a new artist

It's also ending at 18 but Simone said there'll be a continuation

Let's add in the full solicit for the first book as well.

THE WILD STORM #1
Written by WARREN ELLIS • Art and cover by JON DAVIS-HUNT • Variant cover by TULA LOTAY • 1:50 variant by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS • 1:100 pencils-only variant by JIM LEE
Retailers: This issue will ship with four covers. Please see the order form for details.
A troubled woman, barred by her employer from continuing her research, walks miserably through New York City. It takes her a moment to notice that everybody else is looking up. A man has been thrown from the upper floor of the Halo skyscraper. And that woman—Angela Spica, sick from the transhuman implants she’s buried in her own body—is the only person who can save him. What she doesn’t know is that the act of saving that one man will tip over a vast and secret house of cards that encloses the entire world, if not the inner solar system. This is how the Wild Storm begins, and it may destroy covert power structures, secret space programs and even all of human history.
New York Times best-selling writer Warren Ellis (TRANSMETROPOLITAN, RED, THE AUTHORITY) returns to DC to curate Jim Lee’s WildStorm world, with this debut issue resetting the WildStorm universe with new iterations of Grifter, Voodoo, the Engineer, Jenny Sparks and others.
“I couldn’t be more excited to see these characters that are so near and dear to me reintroduced under the guiding hand of Warren Ellis. WildStorm represents an incredibly fun and exciting period in my career, and I can’t wait to see what Warren and Jon have in store for fans in February.”—Jim Lee, DC Comics Co-Publisher

yeah. Given the plot as presented in these pages. I would expect more Dv8, possibly Gen13. Stormwatch itself.

More focus on the political and espionage, then the worldshaping of Planetary and Authority.

Always did prefer Wildstorm as its own continuity, separate from the mainstream DC Universe.

hoot hoot

I wouldn't count on Stormwatch, everything he cared about in there he brought over to The Authority.

>Gen 13
I am still mad about how most Gen 13 members were cannon fodder or just cameos on new 52.

I'm excited to see Marlowe/Emp and HALO, the tech stuff there was prescient in the early 2000s and is really full-blown now.

What happened with the nu52 version of Voodoo?

>>Zealot is no longer in a skimpy outfit
die in fire Marvel, die in fire.....

Why don't you also blame Bendix for this?

>I wouldn't count on Stormwatch
Ellis lists Skywatch, their satellite base, on the preview. They may be closer to the Authority, but they're coming.

You guys think we'll ever a reference of Kev?

I hope if DV8 comes back he isn't the writer. His run was the worst DV8 ever had.

OK, I've read bit of WS before this but I'm taking the opportunity to read everything readable. I need a reading order/chart anons.
I've so far read Stormwatch/Authority, Authority by Millar and Planetary. I need a reading order for everything that's considered good.

Th only thing I wanted from this was a Jack Hawksmoor series in which each arc would take place in a different city and would be drawn by a different artist. I have 0 interest in this.

I'm guessing that's Emp with Void on the top panel?

>DC is in trouble
You heard it.

yeah. picking up from the HALO free energy is really promising.

I bet Ladytron is going to show up.

Only if Ennis writes a new WS book

If Ennis one of those writers that nobody else can write his characters because reasons, like Morrison?

when inevitably DV8 come back, will they murder people on Snapchat or Periscope or some other thing Ellis found?

>I wanted this incredibly specific concept character solo immediately and I'm mad I'm not getting it

So you're mad they're not publishing your fanfic? Okay.

Ennis is one of those writers where no-one else WANTS to write his characters because reasons.

Wildcats Vol2 and 3.
Sleeper

Dv8 and gen 13 are very 90's. some good characters there. but, so very 90's. neither holds up well, but, theres alot of history there. And a ton of comics to read.

Dangergirl. :)

Is that so?
It's because is complicated to get them right or because Ennis is a crybaby that will rape your OC if you dare to play with his toys?

Warren's Gen13 is top tier

iirc, no one is allowed to mess with Tommy for example because Ennis and Tomasi are close friends, the man has friends in the industry

I think it's more because Ennis writes wild out there shit and most people just leave it be. That said, Tomasi referenced Hitman in his Batman run, even had Haken show up on a couple pages. I could maybe see the same thing happening with Kev, but as the user earlier said if we get a Kev reference it's probably gonna be because Ennis is gonna come in and write some Wildstorm. Like how the Hitman references kind of heralded All-Star Section 8.

this is mostly because Tomasi was Ennis editor during these days so Ennis gave him an okay to reference his characters

Yeah I know, Tommy is cool and /ourguy/. I mean, what about section eight or Kev?

Ok I get it.

Well, a Hawksmoor solo would've been fine too. But they're not even doing that.

What about Moore and Robinson's Wildcats run?

>four books over two years
>surprises
>things mentioned in passing but not confirmed, no other creative teams yet

I get WHY Zealot isn't sexy anymore (undercover, street cloths) but I am salty as a mother fucker!

Let's do this
What's your
>Favorite team
>Favorite book
>Favorite character
>Favorite writer

I don't necessarily think that she'll get her old costume back, but it would be cool if she at least has more of a "combat costume" or something.

Just in relation to Wildstorm?

Hackman and Hipster Gillen on creative roster when?

i legit think that Hickman should do the authority

Have Hickman and Ellis ever worked together in any way? Hickman's writing reminds me of Ellis at times.

>>Favorite team
I gotta go with the authority really
>>Favorite book
Mindy first solo book when ennis was writing
>>Favorite character
Grifter
>>Favorite writer
Moore

Yes user, in relation to Wildstorm.
Forget to add
>Your waifu

Swift

Early WildCATS storytime if you want some 90s action and want to see the first baby steps of the Wildstorm universe:

They're both have a distinct bent for high concept sci-fi rigamarole. I'd say Ellis typically tackles the human angle of things a little better, but he's also more likely to wander into Edge-town if he gets bored or lazy.

damn 1:50 for the Jim Lee cover.

I want to fuck the plane girl

Just keeping this in-universe, no Homage stuff or anything:
>Gen13
>Gen13
>Fuji
>Adam Warren
>Roxy

>More focus on the political and espionage
That's half the reason I read Bloodshot, Ninjak, and Captain America

If that is true I only have one thing to said: Good job, Jim, don't let him escape.

Impossible to pick, Waifustorm was all about, as they were called in the 90s, 'babes'.

Disagree. Ellis and Ramos DV8 is a little gem.

What's DV8?

It's too early to ask for lewd fanart?

I like the body language in these profiles.

A spinoff of Gen13 focusing on their enemies. Basically Gen13 but with angsty problem kids instead of fun loving sexy young people.

fuck you Gen13 is the best thing ever