RWBY/RT General #1182: What Could Have Been edition

Previous Thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:

>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies.

Latest Chapter: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/6dc27e52-7f8f-43ab-b5cc-1abeef7cef5e/index.m3u8

RT link: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-11-k975fs

1080P Episode Archive: mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

Other urls found in this thread:

roosterteeth.com/post/51283501
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best ship

Why didnt you protect his smile /RWBYg/?

Would bang FemQrow so hard. Are there any hotter r63 to this show?

>New ohayos
what is this sorcery

What's with all the repetitive shitposting?

>It's a "babby discovers RWBY and tries to point out flaws everyone's said before" episode

Incorrect, this is.
>There are probably regulars here now who weren't around when Disabler sunk the general

user from like 2 threads ago made some for scorp

>Comically oversized saggy melons
no

Yes.

Why is Summer such a cuck mangina?

Looks happy to me.

No Monty Oum did. RT would never in a million years have even thought about doing something like this on their own.

Now he's gone, and while RT still misses and respects him, M and K act like it's their genius that makes RWBY what it is.

I can tell you why RWBY's so popular, especially in Japan and it's sure as hell is not M and K's average writing ability. It's the designs and the characters, all of which was Monty's doing.

M and K lucked into writing RWBY, because they were assigned with Monty when working on RvB and where there when he brought up this idea. If it was another two RT staff guys there they could have very well been writing RWBY instead.

Fanservice makes it clear M and K are casual anime fans at best. They don't get what makes anime fans tick, actively mock some aspects of them, and it's clear they don't have much passion for the more anime JRPG type characters themselves but are keeping them the leads out of obligations.

They prefer the more male typically badass or military type characters that would be more out of place in RvB cause that's what they like. They'd take Halo over FF every time. Miles, as of 2 years ago hadn't even played FF8 before, despite RWBY being Monty's FF8 fanfic with the serial numbers filed off.

So whenever I see M and K at fan events basking in the praise of the legions of fans and stroking their egos, I just shake my head, because it's not really them the fans are praising but the work of Monty Oum.

What a nice trappa boi.

All ships are good.
except WR. It offends me.

what if you were arguing with weiss and you got into your car to drive away from her and she got up to the window to shout at you and you ran over her foot by accident

"Sorry.... I missed"

my dad ran over my foot on accident once, so I'd probably feel pretty bad about doing it to her

>Reminder that Faunus and Synth girls make great lovers and wives.
>You should consider dating one.

I would user, but.... they dont exist

Has Neo returned yet

She's dead.

Reminder that Salem is objectively Remnant most deplorable villain and worst monster, as she made scorp cry.

RWBY is now a cartoon released in the late 80s/early 90s instead of a mid-2010s webseries.
What's different?

My instincts tell me she will be our post-credits scene.

That would explain why Ironwood has been further molded into a badass and has had the best scenes so far. And why Qrow got the "rule of cool" fight with Tyrian.

Not yet.

But soon.

Again why is Summer such a cuck managina?

who the fuck cares, summer is dead

user don't be a disgusting degenerate, bestiality is wrong. What kind of freak puts them on the same levels as humans and robutts

She'll return next volume, try to kill Yang in vengence and will get defeated by Yang's new "Actually try to do more than just punch them to death" fighting style.

>M and K act like it's their genius that makes RWBY what it is.
...Do they? I've literally never seen them bragging ever.

Thou doth offend mine eyes. Get thee hence.

that outfit that Weiss is wearing she is asking to get fucked

humans just cant compete

She's showed up a bunch of times, she's actually been tracking RNJR. You need to pay attention to the eyes of background characters

I hate to play devils advocate, but I feel the show really wouldn't have taken off as well as it did had it been left to Monty to write for it.
Sure M&K aren't the best, but they still do a good job of trying to keep a coherent plot. Had Monty been doing it, the story would just be cool fights loosely connected to another just to provide explanation and context for him to animate something he wants to. Not to mention if he got a random idea of something that seemed cool he'd put it in immediately regardless of how to fit in the story, ie the dance arc and Neo.
Yes Monty deserves the praise for the show and it being made on his ideas, but M&K helped make those ideas into an actual show to watch.

>I just shake my head
Your whole post makes me want to throw up, holy shit

is that supposed to be blake?r

It isn't bestiality, It is making love.

I refuse

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I hope your local pet stores have a restraining order on you

Yup I made some, gonna make more tonight probably

You are just a Bigot. Also Faunus girls are qt!

Please make Nuck or Watts or Hazel any of them would be good

>I hate to play devils advocate, but I feel the show really wouldn't have taken off as well as it did had it been left to Monty to write for it.

I disagree. People were sold and hyping it as this great thing to come on the Red trailer alone. White Rose because a thing 5 seconds after the White trailer dropped even though neither character had said a word or there any kind of remote plot at all.

It could likely just be dialogue less fight scenes played over a Jeff Williams track with no apparant story at all and people would still love it. Fans might even like it more because then they could headcanon whatever and nothing would conflict it.

It's the colorful characters and the world itself that sell the show. Not what M and K write for it.

what if ruby took up smoking and her voice changed significantly and she didn't sound like a mid-30's fat woman desperately trying to sound cute

>Shane is on Sup Forums.

>White Rose because a thing 5 seconds
Different user her but why are you bringing in shipping?

Foolishness

I sort of wish this was true.

Shane stop arent you supposed to be going on some grand Journey to take over RT?

Fek off, dood. Ruby has nearly the best voice in the series.
Roman, Ruby, Ren, Qrow, Ozpin, Hazel may be.

what if your waifu orbits my dick

no
NO

Because the fact that people were shipping two characters before they'd even shown any hint of personality or dialogue, let alone interacted yet kind of proves the point that that RWBY's popularity is more for the characters and how they look than the actual story and people would probably like it just as much if Monty, or anyone wrote it so long as RWBY shows up on screen and does things.

what a load of pretentious waffle

>done in the same style as the old X-men cartoon
>Pyrrha gets killed off like Morph does, before anyone has a chance to get attached to her character
>Jaune goes through Wolverine man-angst as a result
>All the guns are replaced with futuristic lasers

Is this a meme now where anyone criticising M and K as crappy writers is Shane?

If I was Shane I'd at least say I should be writing and directing the show.

I think it's only a thing when people praise monty through the roof while saying MK are shit, when all of them have major flaws

>Kind of proves he point
Except it really doesn't.

That happens with everything. Small series large series. It doesnt prove anything other than the oddness of modern internet culture.

RWBY would not have been the success it is if it was just Monty's fight scenes with Jeff's shitty music.

It's idiotic to believe that and bordering on delusional.

Truly the best ship

Then you don't get how anime works and what truly gets the fanbase's juices flowing.

roosterteeth.com/post/51283501
F

>the fact that people were shipping
People do this a lot on Tumblr and not to mention there are people that give a shit about the Plot Hell if you go to the reddit a majority of people give a shit about Plot and do shipping as a secondary crap for fun

That's just a matter of the fanbase having low and simplistic standards. Sure Monty captured their attention with very little, but Miles and Kerry do the very same with their schlock as well.

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU PYRRHA!

What does Neo's hair smell like? Do the different colored parts of it smell different?

FUCKING RIP

Pick one to
>Marry.
>Be your mistress
>Be your Best Friend.

>this thread
So is RWBY supposed to be this shit show that we god knows why watch and enjoy it regardless

We have literally no idea how good or bad Shane would have been

He's also saying M&K have done literally nothing, which is objectively untrue

Pink part smells like a strawberry and Brown part like chocolate

>Marry
Weiss
>Be your mistress
Yang/Blake
>Be your best friend
Ruby

She uses three different shampoos.

well One user is stating that its shit no matter what and the design is keeping us here

Quads of truth

It's like one newfag samefagging

>So is RWBY supposed to be this shit show that we god knows why watch and enjoy it regardless
The people saying that are really just autists who are trying to play too cool for you on an anonymous message board.

RWBY is not good but it's entertaining. I put it on the background and play fighting games.

It's fun and I like it.

Yeah, he's a fucking idiot who's obvioulsy new to the show

All of these memorial videos on youtube monetizing on montys passing.

>Raven
>giving a fuck about Tai and Summer

She gave at least one fuck about Tai

i like it because its so bad. loving to witness these kind of train wrecks.

Ok,

I just caught up with the season and I have a few things.

1. If the two brothers decided to make peace and create humanity why are there still Grimm
2. How long until Ironwood throws the Council at Papa Schnee?
3. Will Qrow be deaded by end of season by Nuck?

Honestly I actually like RWBY but im a fanboi faggot for RT so I would have liked any show they make

>3. Will Qrow be deaded by end of season by Nuck?
No. He's gonna rape Nuck with Oz's cane instead.

Your a fucking idiot Newfag