Out of placers

It's up

Why do I wanna fug lopin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mdqBbvYX3MU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to rip his teeth out and turn him into my personal fleshlight.

Oh Lopin. You horrible piece of shit who deserves to be burned alive. I can't stay mad at you when you have a new hat.

This makes me wonder, will we see Kass throwing his weight around, such as it is, with other Ivanmoth members? He's a proper guild member now.

>New thread already

It is a new page. So it's not a bad thread.

First, we have to actually meet some guildsmen, omitting Ran & Viracroix of course. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to address a 4-foot-tall, helium-voiced superior.

What do you all think of the artifact being intended to transform male yings into viable females? The cross-species transformation is just an unintended side-effect--this would explain why viz found the whole deal so incredulous.

Oh shit that's quick!

>First, we have to actually meet some guildsmen, omitting Ran & Viracroix of course. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to address a 4-foot-tall, helium-voiced superior.
I'm think more of the guards and retainers who aren't guild members. Remember the elevator?

Long live Hat The Second.

Site text:
>Of the two mountains that make up the heart of the city, the innermost and outermost layers are the most heavily calcified by the unidentified species of giant rockworm that altered them for its own purposes (theorized to have been some form of chrysalis and/or breeding chambers). The smooth but extremely sturdy nature of the calcified strata makes for sturdy balconies, which are common on the upper floors.
For some reason I feel that this is deeply significant.

Also found this tidbit from 2 strips ago that I'd missed:
>Baxxid tend to use their massive foreclaws for hunting in the wild, and (hesitantly) as bodyguards, but there have yet to be any observed fights between baxxid. There seems to be some sort of ritual punishment for unruly or uncooperative individuals in their society, but they are hesitant to say any more.
....Did we brainstorm this whole "ritual punishment" thing? It's news to me.

Given their pacifist nature, it has to be some form of banishment. Casting them out into the "wastes".

A couple meta-ish-questions for Val, I know you're reading:

From last thread, "And despite [FA's] reputation, things have never gotten creepy over there so far." What do you consider to be creepy behavior? Which group is the worst-behaved? What gets on your nerves the most?

Apparently, a couple threads back you gave some opinions on what is good/bad in fantasy, the influence of morrowind and the connection between good sci-fi and good fantasy. If you don't mind repeating yourself again, I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Have you ever shown the comic to friends/family? How did it go? I've always heard that they should be the LAST people to seek criticism from, them being mostly obligated to approve of it.

With how many embarrassing primordial habits the yinglets still retain, I wouldn't be surprised if baxxids had a few racial quirks as well. And by quirks, I mean flying into a murderous blood-rampage.

NEW FANCY HAT HYPE

I hope not, but I fear you are right.

>murderous blood rampage
>not burning, frenzied, almost psychotic breeding seasons

Did anyone else just now notice that Yinglets have massive eyelash whisker things?

>the rare, once a generation baxxid criminal is held as a scapegoat for all the sin and evil in baxxid hearts and used as a vessel for all their hate, fear, and punishment

took me a while, but I noticed it sometime in my first reading. Im not sure what I thought they were at the time--motion lines? duhhh.

It wasnt until my last re-reading that I noticed Patriarch Figgins had a broken nose on top of his torn ear and missing tail. Cant this guy catch a break?

they're an evolutionary advancement that allows yinglets to know they're about to be hit in the face

each of these character introductions are great but I'm not sure if my favorite is beizels "welcome home" or narklets dead silence

Based on what we saw from Lopin, you do not make money as a Yinglet unless you are willing to throw down from time to time. So I'd guess that Figgins has had an eventful life.

>the entire main plot point hinged on this street tussle

it's always interesting to look back at things you've seen before when you have more/new info, and get a different perspective on them.

I want to kiss lopin on the forehead

Which one would you awkwardly and semi-consensually donate your genetic material to, all the while thinking of your superior boy-concubine instead? Also viz doesn't count to keep it fair

kass' penis was stolen from her because she took pity on this guy and bought a piece of shiny crap to give to a girl who wanted aforementioned D

I would keep lippie safe

yeah, Lopin would or could seem like an asshole, possibly even with shady ulterior motives if he wasn't just an average mostly empty-headed yinglet

so I'm guessing the tides dont behave predictably because of the multiple moons? Earth tides are pretty consistent, right?

maybe not completely unpredictable but certainly way more complex

instead of high/low tides twice a day there's like eight fucking positions that aren't regular because the moons do different things and part of being a sailor is having some kind of internal mayan calender on what you're getting that day

did she even reciprocate? I thought it was implied kass's feelings for her were one-sided. She was a stripper, after all.

Yeah, totally one sided from what was shown, which was just Kass staring at her ass.

We never even see her face.

It seemed unlikely that they'd ever even spoken.

If they ever do speak now, somehow Kass is probably going to end up half-naked and on a stage.
Because that's just how his life works now.

I can see this being cannon, or at least appearing in official art.

At first they heckle the yinglet, then comes on the big lizard lady and they shut the fuck up (which is cannon), then comes on the sword armed armored snake, then the regular girl comes on like it's not a big deal.

The usual crowd in the bar does not know how to respond to these new and exotic dancers they are seeing.

>is that... is that a vagina?
>i don't know man just tip it

HE MADE IT

Feeeena, she's got the fab.

Pekkit. She just seems like the most fancy.

Don't forget the overly enthusiastic bug.

>Chakki
>patriarch of farming
>patriarch

That's a guy?!
I just now noticed the title. I thought that was a girl the first time I read the comic.

Lippie.....she's cute.

Are you new to the comic? There are about 6-8 male yinglets for every female. They deal with this by being incredibly fucking gay.

I'm not making a crude joke, that's one of the main points of their species.

and last thread it was confirmed that chakki climbed the patriarch ladder by quote: "getting plowed".

Doesn't mean he doesn't want some and hasn't got some from the females in the past. Note his weird comment on eating kass's hair.

Kass finally about to question Lopin about the mcguffin, and potentially shoot some warm strands of sticky PLOT all over the place, oh boy.

inb4 next couple comics focus on something else

Can you say "exposition pamphlet"? Or maybe even 2?

Granted, it has been a while since we saw one of those. And from what I imagine, they don't take as long as a traditional update.

Looks like Falkreath.

Lopin likely knows little.

But we may find out about the hold the central Yinglet authority has over distant enclaves, which is what I've been wondering.

Similarly I've wondered about what exactly Val meant when he said the southern enclaves were more "tribal" and less "cosmopolitan" in nature. The breeding eugenics is pretty much species-wide, correct? As are hiding away the females in enclaves, and political matriarchy? What is the difference?

So right towards the end of one of the past threads the idea came up of sailors keeping yinglets around based on the superstition that they would act like bad luck lightning rods.

I was wondering what other species specific myths and superstitions might exist in the Valsaliaverse?
e.g. "Baxids seem peaceful but that's because ever few years they fly into an uncontrollable murderous rage, Or eating shed Indril carapace will let you see in the dark.

Yeah, eugenics and preventing inbreeding is the main job of a female other than appointing non-shit males to lead the rest of them.

We don't know much of the central authority other than they can appoint an inquisitor as someone else's patriarch, and that they want Yinglets to develop their own culture with minimal non-Yinglet influence after the initial stealing of culture and technology which sets them in direct opposition to Vizlet. We also know that Vizlet could possibly be in danger from them finding out based on her dialogue.

We don't know if a single male leads them or if it reverted back to females.

We do know from Val that Hazbag is a mythological hero figure among females that the central leadership seemingly discourages talk of.

We know the Yinglet capital "city" has been attacked and entirely destroyed four times by enemies, and rebuilt in a month each time.

Maybe there is a special holiday they celebrate born out of a superstition that a giant worm will come out of the ground and eat them if they don't do something.

Like everyone buries candy and cakes in the ground and walk around on festive stilts. The personification of the Holiday is some guy that has very long legs or something.

I don't know. Grabboids seem to fit in the setting.

Depends.

Based on the time period, superstition would be about things beyond your borders and about people in your village. Little thought is given to outside nations for the common man, and all travelers are probably witches that you should shun. "Gypsy blood" and "Jew tears" is a good Borat joke, but that kind of shit was more in the 1800's when people got super SUPER into the idea of actually doing magic and occult shit themselves.

why do 3/5 of the ladies look more like men than the men

Vizlet is probably breeding them for larger builds generation by generation. Y'know, less like a tiny mousestorkthing in a human world, more like a hobbit.

Because the men put effort into looking like ladies.

What humans (probably) look for in a lady
>sizable chest/ass (yinglets of course have both but tits are vestigial and ass is hidden under tail + floof
>fair face (yinglets are literal rat people so fairness really isnt happening anytime soon)
>soft hands/feet (yinglets all have nasty padded graspers so again thats not going to happen)
>smooth, bald skin (yinglets have fur, see above)
>smaller build (we dont know for sure, but if yinglet females were the "dominant" gender, it would certainly not be the first time that happened to a species)

What yinglets look for in a lady:
>modest shelltooth (check for all 5)
>short snout (check for all 5, maaaaybe pekkit is too long)
>tail floof (again, check for all 5 except maybe pekkit)

By yinglet standards they are all pretty damn effeminate. No one knows whether the females are typically larger as a rule or just as a result of generations of eugenics.

actually the more I think about it, butts in the muscle-y, fatty, extra-padded sense we are all familiar with seems to be a somewhat exclusive thing to a few species of mammals (primates, pigs, cow). Not a fan of biology but I'm curious about this in ways that are not as perverted as they probably sound.

Breeding doesn't work too well for yinglets since their offspring is a grab bag of every gene they get squirted into their eastern fruit. On top of there are high chances of mutations.

They choose the best for breeding as normal social rules, but really their genes are pushing against any sort of eugenics.

The only qualification for the position is that they have a womb and not a penis. They are the scags of scavs.

>give to a girl who wanted aforementioned D

I thought he was going to give it to the one off joke hooker he crushed on.

every good hooker has a cloud of boys who think she loves them

not necessarily implying kass had fallen for that, perhaps he was simply hoping that it was enough for a little handy j behind the dumpster

the first of every month is kind of like saint Patrick's day where you get pinched if you don't wear green expect you just get kicked for being a yinglet

speaking of what the artifact is, what purpose it had and who made it, exactly how canon is that side story? Because in it a matriarch inexplicably just... owns one of them and seems to understand what they do.

Or maybe I am reading into ia silly side story t too much. I dunno.

Neither of the side stories are canon, people just kept commissioning/requesting yinglet TF.

I mean, shit they say about grass or trade or whatever is congruent with the canon world, but those events never happened

That's what I should've thought, shit.

Kassen, of course.

>reincarnation is real
>getting reincarnated as a lesser race is seen as "punishment" for actions in life
>this is used to justify/validate racism against the less advanced species

Sounds almost real itself

Holy shit Lopin is getting too adorable.

Help.

>at this festival it is the custom to appease or expel the evil spirits by walkingbarefootand throwing black beans over the shoulder at night. It is the head of the household who is responsible for getting up at midnight and walking around the house with bare feet throwing out black beans and repeating the incantation, "I send these; with these beans I redeem me and mine" nine times. The household would then clash bronze pots while repeating, "Ghosts of my fathers and ancestors, be gone!" nine times.

man, these trade guys are weird

Honestly, i think something is wrong with his mouth there, it's too circular. I'm sure val tried a bunch of other things and this is what looked best for the perspective, but I always remembered yinglets with gapier, wider mouths from a forward perspective; maybe even always half-smiling? Not that I want to punish the artist for trying out new perspectives.

Oh no, he was convinced that she loved him.

Nah, Yinglets are super good for eugenics because their genetics are so ridiculously viable. They mutate in extremely wild fashions at the drop of the hat, and it doesn't seem like these mutations follow any particular structure, either, so while in real life such a race would quickly be naturally selected into oblivion due to massive problems with things like respiration, digestion and circulation, Yinglet mutations seem to be, on the whole, either benign or positive, with negative mutations easily identifiable

At least, it appears to work that way with physical mutations. Mental mutations might be a whole other bag, because it's difficult to tell if a Yinglet is smart or aggressive due to genetics or due to that just being his default personality.

Whatever the case, while the matriarchs are in charge of breeding, it seems to be fairly easy for them to engineer large positive changes over just a couple of generations. They might get a little genetic baggage along the way, but like I said, it's mostly benign. Who really gives a shit if the next generation has five toes instead of four if they're better than the previous generation at basically everything, you know?

So while as a species they're always going to be volatile, they're gonna trend towards quick improvement on average.

I want to take turns licking Ves.

I find the expressions on that second panel hilarious

Lopin is not for sexual.

Val said its loosely canon. Some elements are, but Kass is the first time that transformation has occurred. So that story may be in the future.

Nigga I've been waiting all thread for someone to recognize best (supporting) girl.

This pretty much confirms my suspicion that zally is the worst. What's up with those black teeth?

>the flower
>the hairstyle
>that fucking hngnnnngngng anime as fuck haaan~
>amazing shirt
>short skirt
>fingerless glovies
>golden nails
>sexy all natural eyes and teeth
>dat ruddish eye shadow

man go fug yourself i'll fight for zally

I think only the scavengers are told about artifacts, and even then are only told how to find them and to bring them immediately back.

There is no reason to tell the females anything, so Vizlet was probably totally unaware of their existence.

Would explain why Narklet is the Patriarch of Scavenging.

Some cats have similar. My old Maine Coon had little eyebrow whisker things about a finger length long

>and last thread it was confirmed that chakki climbed the patriarch ladder by quote: "getting plowed".
It was confirmed ages back
Wearing blue is like wearing a shirt that says "Fuck Me Now
Ask Me How"

Which also makes Lopin a bit of a slut.

>By yinglet standards they are all pretty damn effeminate.
Yeah, Kass and Vizlet themselves are the manliest of the yinglet girls.

He said the setting was canon but the story itself was not

So I assume that is an actual town somewhere in Val Salia

Yeah it's just him trying out new perspective. The two previous front-facing shots both have closed mouths. He'd probably appreciate the friendly criticism

>not for sexual
>wearing a scarf that is a declaration of being for sexual
He's asking for it

So Yinglets function like this.

youtu.be/mdqBbvYX3MU

Possibly, though Yinglets only seem to have the eyebrow things and not the ordinary cheek-whiskers

We saw future Yinglets sing Pop, but are they proficient at singing any other type of song?

Can they do hardcore gangster rap?

Or are they OG Loc levels of bad?

Yinglets can't look up?

and what is that, a copper piece?
he sold that artifact pretty cheap

>but are they proficient at singing any other type of song?
We've been told they are musically inclined, so possibly

Kass looks up all the time.

They probably have more flexibility in rhyme, since their "th" "s" and "z" sounds all blend.

I can just imagine how many hilarious situations they can get into if that is true.

Also, I never realized how horrifying cats must be to smaller animals.
>Perfect long vision
>Can see movements really well
>Can feel you with their whiskers
>Really fast
>Lightning reflexes.

I imagine fancy fucks are for social status.
A favor rather than a copper. At least for those angling to be Patriarch.

Still gotta have some skill.

Agriculture Yinglet may have become big boss by bottoming but he isn't useless. He knows what he's doing. They even have self-made inlets

Lopin hasn't shown any skills outside of scavenging and he was never going to be able to replace Narklet so I'm not sure if he'd get anywhere with his fancy fucks.

I really can't wait until they nail down the fine details of exactly who knows what

We're assuming at least one yinglet (or like the tippy top oligarchy or whatever or was) knows what they are and what they do, and want them to either use them or prevent their use. Common scavs only know that the shinies go home to the biggest bosses, no finders keepers, no hidies, with that being enough justification to make sense in their day to day life

So what does narklet know? He's a little choir boy from home wearing a pretty big pair of shoes. He probably knows there's more to this than simple greed, or maybe he's just youthfully zealous enough that he doesn't need to question the rules, that the thought never crosses his mind.

If he does know, then Kass is like a glowing neon sign to him. He instantly knows exactly what happened, Viz is on the shit list, the whole enclave is on the shit list, as soon as he's getting home he's writing down dozens of names. Vizzie skidoodled lopin and kass out of being taken home by him within his local position's power and Nark didn't want to go beyond his nominal means and have scavs asking "why". And viz, for whatever reason, was keeping it secret too so he felt blowing it at that point was wrong to do

He could potentially not know, and is just giving a strange room to the suspicious as fuck yinglet chick that came out of nowhere raised as a human pet on the same day he has to deal with the much more important artifact theft. But as soon as he writes a report and one of his superiors in the know reads it then the yinglet illuminati ninja are coming for kass and viz.

And also Ive forgotten, how did lopin get outed? Was it the salty scav he bit or did someone else tell on him?

Most stalking predators have amazing movement tracking.

Look at spiders. They're almost blind technically, since they can only really see movement. The stalking ones like jumping spiders have HUGE eyes, the trappers like the ones that look like flowers have comparatively tiny eyes.

Humans are odd. We have mediocre vision and senses across the board, since we are scavangers as much as hunters. We lose that amazing night vision and movement tracking of a hunter for the ability to see diversity of color that benefits a scavenger.

The movement thing is also why cats sometimes stare at nothing. It might be a tiny tiny tiny fly, or a speck of dust, but its moving so they latch onto it visually as the most interesting thing in the room.