Spongebob

Classic Spongebob (1-3) is better than classic Simpsons

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/tv/spongebob-creator-stephen-hillenburg-returning-to-his-show-106935.html
grammarist.com/usage/spitting-image/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Correct

Ren and Stimpy is better than Spongebob

Spongebob is better through virtue of the fact that it recovered from its slump and is actually good again

Compare this

to this

Courage The Cowardly Dog is better than Ren & Stimpy.

>the show has one of its worst episodes ever in the middle of its recovery period
I don't get it

Explain

Wait, spongebob is watchable again?

>t it recovered from its slump and is actually good again
What happened?

cartoonbrew.com/tv/spongebob-creator-stephen-hillenburg-returning-to-his-show-106935.html

Maybe someday it'll happen with the simpsons, too...

I'd say so. I wouldn't say that any new episode has topped Chocolate With Nuts or Band Geeks, but after the movie, Spongebob became a pretty excellent show again. The biggest change is probably how nice the characters are to each other. Comparing a new episode like Mimic Madness to a horrible episode like "Whobob Whatpants" is practically night and day.

Considering the steady upwards trend in the last seasons... for which season did he return? Season 9?

Something I'd say that characterised a lot of the episodes between the two movies was that the characters were all really horrible to each other and the general atmosphere of the show was very mean-spirited. Also lots of weird gore and gross-out humor.

With the most recent episodes the characters are more witty than mean-spirited, their quirks feel more toned-down and less flanderised, and there's none of the weird gore shit.

>the characters were all really horrible to each other and the general atmosphere of the show was very mean-spirited. Also lots of weird gore and gross-out humor.
Ha, really? That's odd. Personally I tuned out after, I don't know, season 3 or 4. At some point it was all just stupid and boring.

I just watched the coupon one, and it wasn't bad. Idk why it's so low.

My Dad has a degree in Hamburgerology from that McDonald's college, was really involved with McDick's for years both in corporate and "on the ground", and anything frycook related in Spongebob makes him die laughing. Especially the training video episode and Mr. Krabs who is basically the spit and image of one of his former bosses.

>spit and image
HAHAHAhahHAHhahahohhhhhnonnononnoo

>it recovered from its slump and is actually good again
It recovered from it's slump the same way The Simpsons "recovered" from seasons 17-20 and South Park's "recovering" from their last few seasons.

Maybe it's not as total shit as it's already been, but don't act like the magic we're talking about is back in any way.

The one with the flying pants is the very last one you should watch. It's all too far downhill from there. ESPECIALLY the movies.

shut your face.
The first movie, although not nearly as good as the first two seasons, would have been a fine send-off for the show.

>it's all downhill from there
>the latest episodes have higher ratings than anything from the first three seasons
???

grammarist.com/usage/spitting-image/

>The original phrase was spit and image,

I just watched a couple of new episodes and I was pleasantly surprised, it felt like a natural continuation of the classic show. I can't say much about the overall quality of the new episodes, but I can tell there is a significant return to form after the shitty seasons.

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. Spongebob's original creator returned and supervised episodes which have been regarded as highly as the stuff from Seasons 1-3

The Simpsons never really recovered in any meaningful way and South Park has always been up and down throughout its entire run.

which episodes exactly?

Idk why people differentiate Season 3 from the rest of the originals. Imo Season 1 is the odd one (though still mostly fantastic barring a few duds) with the golden period being 2-3, and about half of 4's episodes are just like the originals.

Old Spongebob really is fucking funny. Lots of heart too, similar to old Simpsons. It was ahead of it's time honestly and had superb comedic timing. I wonder if thats because it was originally going to be an adult cartoon.

this is like saying saying friends is better than the flintstones you stupid fuck.

see

Try one of the lowest ones on the graph, Patrick's Coupon/Out of the Picture

So what are some good nu-bob episodes?

>which have been regarded as highly as the stuff from Seasons 1-3

By who, exactly?

And Hillenberg's just an ideas guy. He's not responsible for the tightly-written comedy, the timeless bits and characterization that made the show so great.

Friends isn't an animation, and both are about 30 years apart.

Why not both?

The Sponge Who Could Fly < Dunces and Dragons

The second half of season 9 is when it starts getting okayish again and then it really hits its stride in season 10, season 11 is really genuinely great.

Can someone please explain this joke to me? I don't get it?

oops forgot picture

rock bottom is the most kino episode ever, prove me wrong

>Sneed’s Feed And Seed

is that s-sneed

SB-129 is pure kino

Both of those are yes. In terms of the absolute best I pick Band Geeks. I know thats the reddit answer but that episode is damn good, inspiring even.

Chuck's Fuck and Cuck

No thread deserves to die this way

I honestly believe that they are exactly equal in quality.

The only thing they share in common is that they're animated. You're also a child-like idiot.

if the new seasons are so good why can't I find a working torrent

>it was a primetime cartoon aimed at all ages that puts it on a whole other level from kiddie cartoons nothin personnel