Jean Grey

what is her fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

getcomics.info/other-comics/danger-girl-deluxe-edition-2010/
comicsalliance.com/danger-girl-movie-casting-milla-jovovich-kate-beckinsale-sofia-vergara/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anorexia, by the look of things.

Status Quo is defined by and revolves around iconic moment(s). Her iconic moment was the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Poor Maddie.

the sad thing is is that I don't JSC has improved at all in the past four years. He's just a lazy artist through and through

>Alive and about for 3 years starting this month
>Gets sidelined by a Maddie from an alternate dimension
Thanks Hopeless

She went down down to Goblyn Town.

Gotta get my eyes checked, I thought it said "NOT ANAL COVER"

She should join the Avengers.

So where is Maddie nowadays???

Mark Millar FLICKS goats

That's why she sucks. They can only recycle the Phoenix storyline. She being dead is the best thing that happened to the X-men. Young Jean isn't any better.

Cute redhead girl with a massive ego that goes around mindraping people and has a fetish for dying is pretty neat.

that's a sexy cover

is there this picture without any text/bs?

Rogue and Wanda look sexy

For your dub-trips.

hes gotten worse.

Agreed, he used to be better. Now he copypastes everything. It's pitiful.

so sexy, who's this artist and why doesn't he get more work
you're awesome dubsbuddy
thank you
this is my new wallpaper

>who's this artist
J. Scott Campbell.
>why doesn't he get more work
Because he's a lazy hack.

J scott Campbell.

Lord have mercy, the TITS on Wanda. God, I've grown to miss big boobies in Marvel. It feels like there are none left.

>who's this artist and why doesn't he get more work

Its J Scott Campbell. He gets plenty of work man. He has done work/covers for nearly all the comic companies and has a few titles of his own like Danger Girl

Oh look its generic J Scott Campbell girl #187132!! Sooo sexy!!

"No more straight people" The House of Gay. Jean Grey event.

Heterosexuality

I kinda really like that style

is that worth reading? looks fun, like Charlie's Angels or something

wait, that is sexy
holy shit I just google it and they made a Cambell Mary Jane statue but its expensive as fuck
he would be a good Spider-Man artist, better than Ramos or Bagley bullshit

Yeah. Its a pretty fun series. Ive read the older stuff and the GI Joe crossover.

That's pretty much what it is. Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Charlies Angels, A team.

Her son's already on the team, no need for another telepath.

I like all of those things

dubs are dope
that's a great cover too

I'm going to start reading this, thanks guys
is there a good place to start

Question, how long as Jean dead?

End of Morrison run

Yeah that cover is done by Phil Noto who is my favourite artist.

Just start with the first run. And there are a few fun crossovers.

getcomics.info/other-comics/danger-girl-deluxe-edition-2010/

>he would be a good Spider-Man artist
No he wouldn't, his sequential storytelling is fucking terrible. Jesus Christ, learn to think with your brain, not your cock.

yeah when was the last time he did some interior art?

he seems like he makes good action scenes
what's wrong with that
how could you defend Ramos/Bagley but diss him

that looks super fun
thanks user
this seems like prime movie material, I wonder why noones has tapped it

>he seems like he makes good action scenes
All you have seen from him are pin-ups and covers, how the fuck can you tell what his sequential storytelling is like?

And I'm not defending Ramos or Bagley, learn to read. Christ.

I agree. There was a movie in development a few years back but I guess it never moved forward which is too bad.

comicsalliance.com/danger-girl-movie-casting-milla-jovovich-kate-beckinsale-sofia-vergara/

she winks at you, what do?

the pin-ups look fun so I'm assuming his style translates to interiors
why is his art considered worse than anyone else's
it just seems like some strange particular vendetta against cheesecake style
and bummer
maybe they're be renewed interest with all these cbms coming out

Carefully sneak up to her, making sure to fake a human mind then after she is fatigued from a long day shed my human disguise and Sentinel her to death.

I just can't deal with the "every single woman stands on their toes as if they're wearing heels" thing. I've got a similar problem with Art Adams' absolute inability to not draw women with their toes pointed but at least the rest of Adams' art is good enough that it can act as a distraction.

Like, I get it, by having their toes pointed you can accentuate their asses and I'm all for cheesecake but at a certain point, it stops being titillating and just becomes annoying. Literally every time I see Art Adams art, I end up looking at everyone's feet to see if anyone is actually standing on the soles of their feet or have their feet flat footed while in his silly jumping poses he loves so much and it's like one in every 200 characters. It's like they've been doing it so often and for so long that they don't actually know HOW to draw people standing normally.

she's gay

He had/has a Spider-Man project in the works that was announced like ten years ago, but he is too lazy to do interiors and actually finish it. He makes more money just doing covers, selling prints and artbooks.

A couple years ago he posted one page of that Spider-Man story and said it was back on track but i wouldn't hold my breath for it.

You can't compare Ramos and Campbell's style just because they are both cartoony.

Ramos excels on dynamic poses, movement and expression which makes it great for interiors.

Campbell's art is great when it comes to standing poses and exxagerating sexy anatomical features, which makes it perfect for covers. Look at his Danger Girl work. It looks pretty and I enjoy it but I wouldn't say is good storytelling.

This is coming from someone that likes both artists.

Yes and No.

Xavier "fixed" that when her pubescent lez mutie feels landed her in a coma for a while.

FYI: this is actual X-Men canon, you can look it up if you want.

It would be if the writers didn't have such a boner for her name that they let her get away with everything

Whoa, what. You better elaborate, because googling "Jean Grey lesbian" does me no good.

Jean is great, but her best stories right now come from her role as a cosmic power. At that level she goes back to being a "normal" person and the stories can have the typical conventions.

It used to be in her Wikipedia page, haven't read that in years though so who knows if it's still there, they used to mention it in the comics every few decades...
the story goes that Jeanie was Xavier's unofficial first student: she was this little girl who saw another girl die in a car accident and fell into a coma right then and there. Well Chuck Xavier is called in as a "human" psychiatric expert to figure out why this kid is catatonic despite suffering no injuries. He does his psychic thing and realizes that Jeanie was a telepath who formed "an empathetic connection" with this girl who died infront of her, holding on to this emotional connection all the way to the girl's death. That was so traumatic that Jean ended up in a coma.
The lesbian angle was more suggested, but I like it and they did make it so you can read it that way so...
So Chuck erases these memories and telepathically disconnects Jean from half of her mutant powers, all while she's vulnerable to his manipulations in this coma. That's why O5 Jean was able to "remember" that she had telepathy as soon as she came to the future.
Once "fixed" Jean wakes up as a presumably normal human girl until her telekinesis kicks in, she's revealed to be a mutant, and she joins up with the X-Men.
This was all revealed in a long ago flashback retcon to explain where Jean's telepathy came from and why she didn't always have it. But these days Xavier's actions take on a more sinister quality.

Eh, I wouldn't call that being a lesbian.

oh that'd be like a dream match for me

I think Cambell would be good on a Black Widow series

I would, because I take what I can get.

>bland good person character rebranded and retooled to be hip and edgy, drawing in a lot more fans
It's a bit jarring to recognize in retrospect how the last few years have been Cyclops going through the same things Jean did decades ago.

Ah, that totally slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me.

It would be funny if someone decided to revisit that retcon from the perspective of Jean being a repressed lesbian. I'd give some credence to her pushing Bobby into coming out.

Scott is in no way going through the same thing.
I know this to be a cosmic truth.
The Phoenix Saga wasn't intended to hype up Jean with a rebrand, way-waaay back then comics didn't have that formula figured out like they do today, The Phoenix Saga was a means to write out Scott and Jean while resolving their love story ... at least it was intended to do that.
Remember: the original Stan Lee superhero school concept had failed epic hard and sales had tanked so much that they were republishing old stories instead of writing new material, by the time Claremont came around with his pervy superhero U.N. angle there was no fan interest in any X-character other than Scott and Jean and their unresolved romance. So if Claremont wanted it to be his sandbox alone with only his characters he had to write them out. Angel, Beast, Iceman - nobody cared if they just up and quit one day, but Scott was the lead and Jean was his crush.
Who knew that driving Scott mad with grief and overclocking Jean's powers to "crazy bitch" would make them popular again?
The storyline wrapping up today was premeditated. Writers had it storyboarded years in advance: How to solve the problem of Scott Summers?
Jean's Phoenix revival was just dumb luck.

Bobby would step out of the time machine...
Shrug his shoulders...
"Jean... Come on..."
She would ask; "What?"
... "What?"
"Come on... You're gay."

There have been other hints about Jean being bi over the years.
It's not as if Claremont never wrote her.