Duck Avenger #2 storytime

Duck Avenger #2 storytime.

Xadhoom time!

>xadhoom
Wait a minute, is that new? I remember reading her origin story like ten or so years ago.

no, Duck Avenger is the new edition of PKNA.

Oooh, now that I actually started paying attention, and read about this.

I didn't knew there wasn't an english translation of this. Figured it would have been out there, if we got one here in Poland.

Anyways, thanks for storytiming OP.

I remember this guy being super-bulky, what the hell?

Sure is convenient the bubble didn't stop their communications.

>Dearest ally!
Is that her idea of flirting?

end storytime.

my favourite Mass Genocider, at last!

More when?

looks like they localized Evronian names- makes sense.

Did maus volume 2 get storytimed at any point?

the car's original name was PKar, by the way
Quite impossible to translate, so they had to change it.

USA got their version only last year...

20 years later than everywhere else
Why do americans hate european disney comics artists so much.

Maybe it happened in later issues?

Different guy altogether

I read this stuff as a kid and the Americans didn't have it until now?
Must suck.
Obviously, he roided up something fierce.

Radio waves is not energy

Oh. Well that explains that.
The vibration of air molecules they used to talk to the guy outside wasn't energy either. It's silly.

Actual reference to the Italian Junior Woodchukers monthly back in the 90s- and a great excuse to get them out from the story

Also, Xadhoom never called Donald "weirdo" in the original.. this kind of shifts how their relationship looks

yes, was called GM (Giovani Marmotte)

What did she call him then?

No. You will know when she'll try to flirt.

So much murder in these pages!
I love them!

Nothing. Idiosyncratic talks were only for the Raider in the original: other characters would usually speak like normal human beings.

Yeah, Supreme Zotnam is always lean and mean, even in the issues with more detailed art.
You're remembering the Evronian Emperor who is almost identical to Zotnam but built like a brick shithouse.

Can't wait for the part where she murders a bunch of random gangbangers and everyone in a store because she's hallucinating them as evronian shocktroopers

And when she murders children and burns fertilized eggs=unborn children of a oviparous sentient species!

Also, of note: in the original Xadhoom would become a Nova, not a Supernova. They are quite different things(the smallest Supernova would obliterate the solar system with just the explosion)

Since these threads are nothing but thinly veiled Italian circlejerks: who /Darkus/ here?

Letteralmente chi?

I found an issue of Corto Maltese today in the library

It was good

Reminder that Stefano Intino was asked to redraw some sequences as to avoid violence and rework faces and bodies in what Disney deemed the "on model" style they wanted so many times and under such pressure that we asked not to have his name be related to this issue. You can notice some little art shifts in Donald's faces here and there, which look less stylized and more like the reference models, having been redrawn by external sources.
The issue was signed "Paul Ackerman" instead. Disney was universally told to be 100% anal about these details and corporate mandate at the time, there are many stories about that.
It's one of the reasons why Barbucci left Disney, he tells some of it in interviews about Sky Doll.

This was originally numbered 0/3, as it was still a super-experimental experiment, by the way

Mr. Trouble was funnier.

*Intini, not Intino.

What story was it?

>an experimental experiment
Whoa

I didn't know this got an official American release, nice. So how did they translate all the instances of "PK" and "Pikappa"?
Are they going to translate PK^2 too?

They're calling him the Duck Avenger like in those translated 70s stories.
No idea about PK^2 but they translated and published most of Pikappa a way back.

>What story was it?
Corto Maltese in Africa aka The Ethiopian

Didn't those call him Phantom Duck though?

It's complicated. Paperinik has had at least 3 different names in English, not to mention the foreign ones.