Mfw I'm going to point out all the flaws in Samurai Jack and Sup Forums is going to screech like the foolish fanboying...

>mfw I'm going to point out all the flaws in Samurai Jack and Sup Forums is going to screech like the foolish fanboying manchildren which they are.

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-01

SILENCE.

I am starting.....

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-01/Episode-013?id=3356
samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Ikra
kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-02/Episode-006?id=3362
kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-01/Episode-007?id=3350
kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-04/Episode-001?id=3396
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's even dumber than your usual plans.

>over analyzing a children's show.

The show starts off promisingly serious with its premise like what you'd expect ouf of any average adventure action show with some maturity in it.

But you notice those glaringly long sequences and a complete lack of dialogue. It's trying to be artistic and let the visuals speak, but you immediately notice that it's due to incompetence. The show has no writers and you notice that it's made not only by the creator of Dexter's Laboratory, but the entire team working behind the cartoons of CN.

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-01/Episode-013?id=3356

As you get Looney Tunes/Cow n Chicken tier sound effects, art design, faces, jokes, clashing with uninspired cliche poetic dialogue spouted by Aku and the samurai, you notice the show is nothing but poorly choreographed fighting sequences on a low budget and a status quo so boring you completely forget about the Samurai's pains and struggles and become a degenerate fan of the action.

All of the Samurai's anger receives a viewer reaction similar to... "deal with it, you're in a status quo action show, other heroes don't complain so much as you do"

All of the exaggerated and dark moments become comedic, weird and done for substanceless shock value instead of touching, artistic, dramatic moments. Just like Courage, Dexter's Lab, PPG.
All the artistic moments become glaringly boring when you get the same overly cheap stylized backgrounds on a low budget.

Funnily enough I appreciated the boring moments when I knew what was going to happen next. Because the suspense and the pay off is so badly done I'd rather know exactly what's at the end so I stop getting teased by expectations and all that worthless build up.

This

AAAAHHHH AAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA AHHHHAAA hiding behind your own tail, how pathetic.
Your little manchild tactics won't work on me, take your 15 year old festering pseudo arguments and die with them, foolish effortless failures.

Moving on....

This is a neat concept for a thread and all, but you seem to be getting a little too into it.

Sssshhh he is actually impersonating Aku.

If you watch the show with the birth of Aku episodes and the first 5 episodes from the beginning you notice Jack's progressive anger over Aku's tricks and his drama of being flunged into the future and never making it back home.
His dialogue starts making sense and he gives off these off-handed smug one liners told in a sneaky smartass tone. (which completely clashes with those horrid stereotypical "funny cartoon" voice actors and dialogue, especially the Scottman's). It's a good thing Jack didn't keep his Bratt Newington voice from the siren's 2parter.

You also notice he's a terrible fighter when it comes to dodging and evading except for specific scenes, and that he has much to learn before defeating the guardian and many other foes. All that training in his old time and he still has far too much to learn. Like learning how to trick Aku at his own games.

Despite everyone fearing Aku as the "master of darkness" he's rather dim-witted at his job.

Aside from that 1 time the villain turned into a woman Aku has proven to be a very uneducated villain incapable of winning without resorting to tricks.
But he's also a coward like most villainy wizards, inneficient at combat and always has to shapeshift and cheat so blatantly and pathetically that he makes Dick Dasdardly look like a good loser.

There are some defining episodes which feel like Samurai Jack, such as the 3 archers episode.

But then there's episodes like Ikra, Aku's storytelling, any city episode, the spartans episode which makes it feel like the show didn't have that much of a defined focus to begin with.
For me the episodes aired out of order in my country and I genuinely thought the Ikra episode was from seasons 3 or 4 because it has a slightly different style to it.

Now another thing about the lack of writing.
samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Ikra
>Aku pretended to be portrayed soft-spoken, cool, and elegant.
>To all appearances, Ikra and Jack had formed a close bond.
I laughed so hard I almost sang.
Ah yeah just like the sea creatures. a "close bond" "soft-spoken" "cool". All of the creatures and allies that Jack keeps helping are neutral, rough, eccentric, goofy, weird and the complete opposite of elegant. All of his relationships are short-lived and superficial beyond "Hero saves the victims in need". Even to the point the sea men called Aku their friend in the first 30 seconds of meeting him despite not knowing anything about him.

The storyboarders behind this show had no experience with trying to write characters and stories. They focused more on how many weird and disgusting monsters they could get Jack to fight against. The storyboarders themselves are degenerates.

The show almost had something going on with the Woolies and the seamen where Jack has to judge for himself who's good and who's bad, and maybe they're all evil and against him. But no , they made absolutely everyone a naturally good-willed race which only turns on Jack because of being scared of Aku. Except for 98% of the bounty hunters, they're just assholes who hunt more for the pleasure rather than the reward. There were very few who actually hunted Jack for noble reasons like freeing their people, like that redhead warrior in cybernetic armor.

Isn't it clever to use tricks? I mean how does what is basically the embodiment of evil cheat in a fight to the death with his sworn enemy by using powers that they both know he has. Also how is turning into a women and seducing Jack not resorting to tricks?

Then comes the inconsistency with writing, power/skill and really poor children's budgeted animation and choreography.

Symbionic Titan and Gendy's Star Wars had an infinitely better animation budget and choregraphy than Samurai Jack. Actual smooth continous fighting scenes, compared to Jack and his opponents subtly taking turns with one another.

Jack sometimes gets really skilled beyond measure, everyone being incapable of touching him. (Similar to Aku against everyone else) (except for when Gendy calls for Jack's robes to be ripped for the 11th time)
Then for some reason he struggles with a few soldiers, to the point where 3 african cat people put him on the run for the entire episode. He struggles with the Scottsman, he struggles with The Guardian, the minions of Seth, a few extra monsters, etc.

Then comes Aku. He's defeated by anything resembling magic and spirits, which makes you question how come the sirens, the elementals or any of the supernatural beings didn't defeat him for thousands of years. Jack of course can survive and even beat said elementals and other mystical monsters. Jack faced off a lot of crazy things, yet they never helped him defeat Aku.

The show promises continuity, but it contradicts itself by remaining a status quo show to the point of poking fun at it. (you disrespectful retarded storyboarders).
None of the allies Jack makes actually come to help him or give him anything extra to his arsenal. (Except for the gorrilas which taught him to jump good)

The scottman instead comes asking for help to save his wife from his own version of Aku.
Yet the favor is never returned (except for the sirens).

That is everything substanceful I had to say, feel free to add or question a subject matter I didn't touch.

Actually I have a question for anyone who knows their samurai trivia.

I keep seeing Jack drawn as this one iconic samurai figure. I've seen him in far many other tributes and many old movies and animations about samurai's. It's a specific Samurai with bushy eyebrows. Would any of you happen to know his name? Speaking of names Jack also originally had his japanese name before he got his nickname.

The dude from Yojimbo?

Now I found out. Ogami Itto, from Lone Wolf and the Cub. He made a tribute appearance in Samurai Jack too.

The show really should have focused more on the japanese culture like it orignally premiered instead of going into the future and turning it sci-fi.

Oh no, person doesn't like THING!

Should I compile a list of all the pathetic butthurt comebacks this generation has come up with? The problem is not only when you copy-paste/meme it, but when you keep doing it for 8 long years. Do you shitposters have absolutely no creativity left in yourselves?

Compile whatever list you want, fag. You'll still be a fag.

kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-01/Episode-007?id=3350
kisscartoon.se/Cartoon/Samurai-Jack-Season-04/Episode-001?id=3396

Samurai Jack would have fared much better as an artistic show if they dialed down the action hero cliches, the dark synth electro music(apparent even in the praised Shinobi episode), the jokes and perhaps... I don't know.. ripping off Aku's face and keeping him as a silent silhouette? Demongo had less of a face, but was as equally annoying and arrogant as Aku.

Samurai Jack's slow take and few artistic episodes did manage to inspire others to do the same, even copying the low budgeted art style.
Other artistic animations similar to.. Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea.
I only wish Samurai Jack would have tried harder to be more artistic as opposed to.. how did Genndy put it? "I just wanted a little samurai in a sci-fi setting"`~ something similar to that.

Secret of Kells interview
>Yeah. We kind of oddly were inspired by the look of [Samurai Jack] but also how…he was able to get such a cinematic look out of the budget for TV animation…we thought that that was pretty clever because we were working under similar confines…But also the look of Eastern European animation – especially from Hungary…We actually worked with a studio in Hungary on the animation and that was great.

>Then there’s movies like Ivan the Terrible…and German Expressionism [influenced] some of the ways we try to use the shadows to kind of show what’s going on in the characters lives or how they are actually behaving themselves. Stuff like that.

Secret of Kells had similar issues which Samurai Jack had - mostly mute characters with no intellectual and no emotional dialogue and a lack of story. Oddly enough both Secret of Kells and Samurai Jack had a much more interesting backstory than their current premise that they focused on. Both backstories were about ancient gods facing off ancient evils.

and Aisling never helps Brendon fend off the vikings, just like all of Jack's allies never help him directly fight off Aku. Very similar writing styles and problems. Song of the Sea instead did a much better job.

March 11th for the reboot of Samurai Jack, right?

I get the feeling Jack's Sword is the only thing that can really harm Aku except maybe the Gods but they don't much seem to care past minor assistance. And the show never really promised continuity I always felt it was supposed to be episodic to drive home the whole neverending quest aspect.

autism

Not an argument.

OP ur entitled to whatever you wanna feel about the show and that's cool.

I feel tho you are looking at it a bit harsh with making it stand on today's standards when back when this premiered it was sort of taboo or not a standard to not have continuity or at least make it so that someone can watch any episode without prior knowledge cept save a few.

Avatar was really the one that caught everyone's attention on how well that can be done for a kids show and that was years later towards the end of Samurais run.

So I think the show is fine on the individual basis for each episode. There are some clever and interesting episodes (like to the rave, haunted house, or zombie one to name a few).
So I think it's fine and this comes from someone who didn't care for the show as a kid and now finally watching it.

Yeah OP you really should've worded these posts like Aku

He couldn't. OP's fag levels are too low to imitate the mighty Aku.

Serious autism in this thread.

Yea I like samurai jack too.

I almost thought was about to turn into a Mako appreciation thread.

>blabbing your evil plan in advance
Oh, Aku

>You also notice he's a terrible fighter when it comes to dodging and evading except for specific scenes
Welcome to fantasy fiction.

>Despite everyone fearing Aku as the "master of darkness" he's rather dim-witted at his job.
He's the undisputed master of Earth along with other large parts of the cosmos, and is a blight on the land.

>Aku has proven to be a very uneducated villain incapable of winning without resorting to tricks.
He crushes pretty much everyone but Jack, who is helpless without the sword.

>But he's also a coward like most villainy wizards, inneficient at combat
He obliterates his foes with sheer, overwhelming power. The reason Aku doesn't use his powers logically, like most of fiction, is that it would leave Jack with no way to win.

>Symbionic Titan and Gendy's Star Wars had an infinitely better animation budget
Don't know about SW but Symboinic's budget was roughly the same as stated by Genndy, they just got better with experience and tech.

>Then comes Aku. He's defeated by anything resembling magic and spirits
The only things that challenge Aku that aren't gods are the elemental spirits from the mob episode, which just drove him away and were a setup for Jack.

>Then for some reason he struggles with a few soldiers, to the point where 3 african cat people put him on the run for the entire episode.
Who are the greatest hunters in the universe. Jack isn't Saitama, part of the appeal is his struggle and growth.

>the minions of Seth
That come from the same deific power as Jack's sword.

>Jack faced off a lot of crazy things, yet they never helped him defeat Aku.
Because Aku is hilariously beyond them.

>Yet the favor is never returned
Because the Scottsman is a liability against Aku.

How do you think the reboot will differ from the original 4 seasons, Sup Forums?

FUCK YOU THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long ago in a distant board
I, OP, dick sucking master of faggotry unleashed an unspeakable thread
But a foolish Anonymous poster wielding a magic sage stepped forward to oppose
Before the report post was struck, I thow open my posts and flung him into the thread where my shitposts are LAW.
Now the fool seeks to flag all my posts and undo the faggotry that is OP.

>And the show never really promised continuity I always felt it was supposed to be episodic to drive home the whole neverending quest aspect.
That's the message I received too.

>tfw OP is still actually getting what he wants

>tfw not autistic
Post yfw

god i want dat new season!!

We don't have to try hard with comebacks just cause you guys try hard to troll
We have lives.

>Hannah
>not autistic

>mfw I'm going to point out all the flaws in Samurai Jack

Duck Dodgers did that in a single episode while also highlighting the best thing about that show.

>the best about the that show

...that it ends after 22 minutes?

Hannah is one of the cool girls, she can actually do things without sperging out about Shiny Chariot or Nightfall.

I think it's gonna have changed to a somewhat grimmer outlook, at least at the start

In the original, Jack is an exceedingly pure and altruistic person even in spite of his constant trials and teasings

I think Jack now is like how he was in Mad Jack, if he allowed the anger and despair to keep festering within him

From what it seems, he's lost hope n shit

Actual blood, and it's probable that while robots won't go away, Jack is gonna be killing a lot more flesh and blood enemies

I have to imagine the art is gonna be different. I don't see how you pick up where you left off over a decade later and draw and animate quite the same way as you did

>tfw no Mako :(

Honestly I just felt lil saying this but FUCK! I just saw a picture of Haku in an earlier post and scrolled down and saw this and they look so fricking similar!!!