Redpill me on bionicles

What is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Story taken from Polynesian folklore. Turns out, Matanui is just one huge giant Robot, although that doesn't really explain the Borock, or the Makuta worm things

Wait what?

Biomechanical warriors with elemental powers wake up on an island with no memory of before. They protect the islands inhabitants from dangers of the mysterious darkness that is upon the land (corrupted wildlife, buglike machines, etc) Lore goes deep if you read the books. Always been cool to me.

Arent the Borock there to protect the inside of Matanui? Like blood in the human body.

it's literally a metaphor for taking your pills and waking up

Bohrok were meant to clean the island. The "worm things", the kraata, were infused with the essence of Makuta Teridax

Bump.
What about this?

they are cool, thats the redpill

tell me about tahu

why does he wear the mask

the gang is on the loose and a group of toa struck by lightning must stop them

Nice.

Why is the comic called "ignition"

it was a series of toys that were pretty cool and had their own storyline that was pretty neat but went to shit when they started actually explaining stuff about the mystery city that was under the island

Because that's when they reveal that the Great Spirit is dying and they need to find the Mask of Life (the Ignika) to save him.

Nobody cared who he was until he put it on.

Wait what?

Exactly
Somehow the more you read the more confusing Bionicle lore gets

I heard there were evil bats evil spiders evil fish and evil slugs
I wasn't expecting this.

2 deep 4 u

Anything else I should know about?

While I didn't like gen 2 that much, it was nice to see the Bionicle fanbase actually active again.

They all live inside an xbox hueg robot travelling through the cosmos

What? when?

Holy shit.
That awesome.
bionicle Isn't anime though... right?

Bionicle is children's toys. Go watch Creeps from the Deep.

That poor guy...

What was THAT.

That was fuckawesome.

That voice-over was smooth as fuck.

Barraki... so that's what the evil slugs were.

Who's the band?

I'm sorry user

Why?
What happened?

it came and went

"Makuta" isn't even his name anymore, just his race

Oh....
Was it any good?
Because this is awesome!
I expect it to have kept it's edge.

You sweet, naive child.

Oh shit....
It went shit didn't it?

Spoiler that.
I haven't read that yet.

>It went shit didn't it?

they dropped most of the deepest lore to make it more accessible to kids (despite the lore being what attracted a lot of us in the first place)

that might have worked out except they didn't advertise it to the kids either so it only lasted for four waves and died with a whimper

Hey.
I found a gif appropriate for this occasion.

Seriously though that's shameful.

They killed THIS.

Of all things.

Why couldn't something else get canned.

not sure I blame them cancelling it the first time, sales were slipping and the story had pretty well run its course

the second time was a disaster though

That's why I never heard of G2.

They kind of had to pull a lot of the lore from the story, since there was a lawsuit infringing on intellectual property.

>Who's the band?
Cryoshell

>that sudden rise of bionicle memes in leddit right after the line was cancelled
I have no idea how that happened

Why? What story did they rip off?

read, nigga
biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/

This is the turning point. Before every story had been connected, but once the elongated flashback arc ended, this happened and left the main story hanging with unfinished plots with the original 6 just hanging around that were never resolved even after the original 6 came back. If anything, the return of the original 6 just made things worse with all the retcons and the time skip.