Kamala's time is already over

Dickbats was fun
Too bad no one outside of comic readers will ever know

AHAHAHAHA HE THINKS ANYTHING MODERN MARVEL WILL BE REMEMBERED AHAHAHAAHAHA

one of my favorite Robin outfits
Batmobile design is terrible though

It will be remembered for being shit.

>implying actual comics have any presence in popular culture

Doesn't really work if it's something the entire world deliberately blocked out the moment it happened.

the best moment in rebirth so far

This shit will never stop being embarrassing. So it probably is a good representation of this period.

>This shit will never stop being embarrassing

How so?

kill yourself

It's a meme. Forced multiple times until it gets regurgitated as intended.

It's true. She was an uninspired character "created" to push a social agenda. Protip: create original, inspired characters and you'll win people over in time. They wanted to make a Muslim teen girl, make her feminist, but make her relatable, make her homely, etc. Too much baggage for such a piece of shit character to support.

How do differentiate between a running joke and a meme?

you couldn't find the full image :/

A joke has actual craft put into it. Not LOL so randumb!

Throw in as many of your trigger words as you want, the original Ms. Marvel run is absolutely stellar entirely because of the art and the freshness of the writing, a lot of which is based on the unique setting and character.

Making Peter Parker a homely loser from Queens is not an "agenda" and neither is making Kamala a homely Muslim from Jersey City. It's just a hook for a story and the rest is how you execute it and Ms. Marvel is executed phenomenally well.

You don't know what randumb is my sweet summer child. This is a running gag if anything

>the original Ms. Marvel run is absolutely stellar
read more comics before you start throwing words around please

it was never anything special

This image, or Rebirth in general? Of course Rebirth is going to be "memorable", it was deliberately crafted as a bandaid to cover up the past five years as some kind of make-up session with readers and the general public.

The "gag" is literally just that Batman has had some silly villains over the years. That doesn't qualify as a joke.

I've been reading comics all my life and the first Kamala Ms. Marvel run was one of the freshest cape runs of the last decade. I compared it to Lee and Ditko's Spider-Man because it's pretty much the closest thing we'll have to that in this era in terms of originality and execution. If you could look past the gender race and religion of the character you would see that too.

I think I'll remember Vision, that was the best comic of 2016

It was a poor man's Blue Beetle 06

Lol nope. Just shit.

>Implying anything this decade is memorable.

It's all pandering, shocking/grotesque to the point of alienation, or just plain dumb.

Literally the ONLY good thing of the past 10 years.

It just makes it a simple joke.
Being simple suddenly doesn't make something not a joke.
You could say you see it as not funny, which is your opinion and you're allowed to think that, but to say it doesn't count as a joke.

I don't think most gags in Garfield are enjoyable, but that doesn't suddenly make Garfield strips devoid of jokes or humour, merely devoid of joke or humour I really enjoy.

It's funny that that image hits two out of three of your criteria for shit.

Explain the joke on that page then.

Kamala was never like this is her own book up to where I read, she was a legitimately good character. The way you describe her is how she's portrayed every time she's outside of her own book.

Some compelling arguments here.

A character with a ridiculous name/premise and over the top enthusiasm from said character.

Once again, that's not a joke.

>joke
>noun
>1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter

Checks out to me

I made my statement. Bleating about your favorite shit character won't make me think it's not a shit character.

The one where Victor Mancha were humilliated and murdered?

Again
Simple cause you don't find it funny doesn't mean it wasn't designed to be a joke.
That is your opinion on what is funny, which is fine, but not absolute fact on the situation.

But the original Ms. Marvel art was bad though

Like horribly visually unappealing

Great stuff as ever

You mean the Alphona book? His stuff was perfect.

I feel like Marvel stuff isn't as iconic within the past decade cause of how short lived their impacts on in the Marvel continuity.

I mean Parker reveals his identity, then every forgets it, then he's replaced by Spock and his mind dies then it comes back and he's normal again and now he's rich and somewhere during all this he sold his marriage to the devil and joined the fantastic 4 for a while and just so many different things that kept not being all that important cause these were changed up AGAIN and changed back to the status quo AGAIN.

Batman had a villain called Kite-Man is not a joke.

No the idea of a villain named kite-man, who's premise is a guy in a kite suit robbing people and gliding away on a kite, is very very silly,
And plenty of people find very very silly things like this funny and laugh,
And to when trying to make people laugh is your intention, you have made a joke.

You can say it is not a good joke.
You can say you didn't find it funny and didn't make you laugh.
But unless you mail a letter to DC Comics saying "I don't get why people find this page funny. I don't see a joke here." And King responds saying "I didn't make a joke, idk what people are seeing that's funny" then it is still a joke being made.

The joke is really Kite Man being given characterization. He just really enjoys being Kite Man, which is unexpected since it's such a dumb name and concept for a villain

LOL SO RANDUMB

>I have no argument but have nothing better to do than a sarcastic response for something I don't care about.

This is already an homage to another image, so no.

Did you not read either post? I know coming up with a cohesive argument is hard, but certainly you can do better than this

Not an argument

A villain from Batman's rogue gallery stealing something and repeatedly saying his name and hell yeah is not a joke. Pointing out that Kite Man is a silly name is not a joke.

Explain how it isn't a joke.
Explain what is needed for something to be a joke, and what the Kite-man page needs to have a joke.

Im sorry to tell you this man, but you have autism.

Why not? For an argument you need to actually state a point, not just restate your position over and over again.

Saying it's a joke you don't like is fine, saying it's not a joke at all is bordering on that "A" word we're so fond of on this board

More as a helpful lore guide than a memorable story though.

Hawkguy

>Being a characterfag
kys

Say whatever you want, it was an Eisner winning series, so people will remember that over somebody on Sup Forums.

The irony is that it was a homage to another cover.

No set-up, no punchline, no witty observation, no exaggeration, no nuance, just a series of images and words specifically designed to be taken out of context and repeated ad nauseum. A meme.

You could argue the setup is the repitition. It isn't funny the first time, it's funny that he says it every time and it's the only thing he says.

I think the lack of explanation actually helps the joke. It's up to the reader to decide Kite Man's motivation. Is he trying to force a catchphrase or does he just have brain damage?

I feel like that was okay in the book itself, but its definitely becoming forced

If there was one post marvel now comic that was remembered, it would be that one. It was the first and most popular to go with that style, before they completely flooded the market with copycats.

bestpageinsuperior.jpg
maybe Cap going "Hail Hydra"
X-Men just going to shit because of Inhumans will hopefully be remembered similar to Clone Saga or OMD

Bro was more memeworthy, bro.

No one remembers that. It's an elseworlds so no one cared.

Is this canon? If so what series, which issues?

If there was any post marvel now comic to be remembered it would be this on-

It's an Alternative Universe. DC Comics Bombshells #42

Thank you, user!

An insignificant storyline that will be forgotten since by issue 2 he was shown to not actually be a nazi. Meanwhile Ms. Marvel is a new hero from this era, and one of the few that might stick around. If that happens her origin will be remembered.

gaaaaaaaaaaay

Nigga what,Hydra cap has been a major story since it started,He's steered civil war 2 to end hulk and Tony,is now head of freakin shield and is headlining the next big event,Hydracap is the most significant story happening in marvel right now

No one will remember Civil War II or Secret Empire either because of Marvel's over saturation of events. Cap will be fixed by the end of 2017 and forgotten by 2019, just like when Iron Man turned evil for a bit and was a "driving force" in AXIS.

Forced of iron man was not the driving force of axis,him being evil was a result but with the flood of casuals on co I shouldn't expect better.Second Kamala isn't special,Before her we had gravity,we had Ultimate Pete,we had Kitty,We had Jubilee,she's arguably worse due to how downhill her series has gone.Hydra cap was the biggest thing that happened to marvel this year,his story is written great,His actions in contributing to the deaths/disabilities of his allies and his upcoming revolution are probably the most significant change to marvel since dark reign,but I guess as a casual you wouldn't have read that either

horrible art

>Image is just a bunch of cookie-cutter scifi and failed film/tv pitches! They have nothing that stands out or pushes any boundaries!
Well, they proved you wrong, Sup Forums. How embarrassing for you. You must feel so ashamed now, you must feel so martyfied.

which is...?

Post the outrage.

not this decade
Was fun, still hoping it gets back on track (talking about solo, not touching team books with a stick)
I think Batman finding the pin will be bigger, we'll see in two months
What the fuck ahahaha
Yeah, that one, maybe for comicreaders it didn't mean much but normies definitely will remember it, or at least the memes that were spawned

Everytime is posted, becomes more gayer.

BRAP

But I may not post ponies on Sup Forums.

At least it was parodied by someone.