*BREATHES IN*

*BREATHES IN*

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/15/neil-gaiman-future-libraries-reading-daydreaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is this jew so happy about that sad fact?

OH NONONONONONONO

Disaster movies are underrated by film "enthusiasts"

>my enjoyment of a film is based solely on it's box office performance in China
What did OP mean by this?

Based Chinks. Let them piss on the grave of this garbage flick.

Why would it not flop in China when it flopped in America? They haven't watched the first one and they're not fans of Harrison Ford.

Jeez.
Did blade runner even beat the horse film worldwide?

Your favorite film sucks, goy. Not enough niggers and women heroes. Go watch Star Wars and big explosions and pay us shekels.

Exactly, Disney is run by very jewish Bob Iger and all other execs are jews too. They don't like competition. If people start recognizing good movies, the Star Wars schlock and capeshit will bomb.

blade runner will sell a shit tonne of blu rays etc

I suspect a lot of people deliberately evoide the film because it's too long and are eagerly waiting for the bluray. We'll never know how much they made though

>Chinks loves disaster films
It's in our blood, are you really surprised

if China likes a movie it's a good sign that the movie is shit

14th post best post

LOL, this is legit.

and now that the much larger chinese market has been tapped prepare for all movie to correspond to chinese tastes.... transformers 6-9 anyone... maybe the pacific rim "cinematic universe" can do a crossover.

the obsolete skills of subtle acting, direction and screenwriting don't belong in the era of the global smash hit.

sad

Probably should have made the film for less money

As someone who unironically spent seven months teaching and travelling in China, including Shaoyang, Xiamen, Xi'an and Beijing let me say this:
Some of the cities I went to are more miserable, cramped and (hah) artificial than the city in Blade Runner.
I loved both the film and China. Sometimes the Chinese will laugh at the jokes in theatres (most films are in English with Chinese subtitles) action films are easily understandable when it comes to translations.
Furthermore the Cinemas want to make a profit and tend to run the big blockbusters non-stop in multiple screens.

it's what you guys make of everyplace you infest.

Star Whores has always been cancer. it literally killed artful cinema in favor of "blockbuster summer movies".

i went to a showing day 2 in bangkok and the theater was empty except me and my gf and one other guy

>thinking the chinese would care about this movie in the first place

where did this meme about China having less shallow tastes amerikuh comes from?

the should had just CGI'd Ford to cut costs

This. The Chinese are replicants. They cant appreciate Blade Runners message. .

>an arthousey slow burn sci-fi noir isn't popular in China

Warcraft was in their top 5 last year.

China has such horrible taste in movies

So why didn't they like this movie then?

What’s your favorite city? I thought Xi’an was nice compared to most

Jesus, really? It's a country of a billion people, they must make some good movies.

>It's a country of a billion people, they must make some good movies.
Oh user, you really don't get it.

A Blade Runner movie will just make the Chinese depressed because it's like art imitating their lives.

ANUDA SHOA

The entire thing is a Voight-Kampff machine and they dont like the results. They are simplistic and only like large spectacles. Its why they had gun powder but used it for light shows.

so who has the worse taste so far this year Sup Forums?

It's because they marketed the Chinese actor as the main star and the masses flocked

>and one other guy

With cells quite firmly interlinked.

how is it doing in Japan?

Its like two flavors of shit.

>Bladerunner 1 trashed by critics
>shitty box office returns
>years later becomes a cult classic

>Villenueve gets to do 2049
>being a self-admitted autistic about that movie he jumps on it, becomes a passion project
>movie oozes craft, care, a pretty good story, a very good character arc
>overall a much different movie than the first but arguably as good
>marketing decides to sell it as an action thriller
>it flops because it's not an action thriller and it cost too much to be a successful mid-budget movie
>but almost universal praise except from women
>Dennis will probably go back to his successful mid-budget movies and be booted off of DUNE unless China really really likes his movie

I'm going to buy the blu ray.

It's actually hard to choose.

Xi'an was the nicest. That central part within the old city walls is practically designed for tourists, met some cool Westerners in the Starbucks there, the food in the Muslim quarter was great too.
Even the Terracotta Army, which is nearby, was good to see - I expected to be underwhelmed but I wasn't.
Beijing "has things" but yeah, Xi'an is an order of magnitude better than most cities I visited.

You won't be able to enjoy the movies you like because China is now dictating what movies we get. Have fun with the Geostorm Cinematic Universe, dumbass.

I don't think you understand China. Those movies were the ONLY films in the Cinemas.
You'd get other things on for about a week maximum but all those big blockbusters would stay out for a month at least.

Why don't they play multiple movies at a time? Do they not have multiplexes?

They have multiplexes but they literally have the same film on at the same time in different screens. I mean this 100% sincerely, at least 3 or four for The Fate of the Furious that's for 3d and 2d.
I theorise that there's no point in buying the rights to show even slightly niche English-speaking films if its not going to be understood/profitable. I expect the reason BR2049 was advertised as an action flick might be because they wanted to attract the Chinese audience.
I was in a city called Shaoyang, you've never heard of it but it has 7 million people. There's more than enough people to bulk-screen a product even if the Cinemas aren't always packed.

Unironically this.

>They have multiplexes but they literally have the same film on at the same time in different screens.
But why? Don't they want at least a little bit of a selection?

Chinese have shit taste in cinema

I can't speak for their psychology. Looking at the American box-office one might as the same thing. The Chinese are an efficient bunch and they want to make money. But really I can only report what I saw, it's up to you to decide what to make of it.

Have a small read of this:

>I was in China in 2007, at the first party-approved science fiction and fantasy convention in Chinese history. And at one point I took a top official aside and asked him Why? SF had been disapproved of for a long time. What had changed?

>It’s simple, he told me. The Chinese were brilliant at making things if other people brought them the plans. But they did not innovate and they did not invent. They did not imagine. So they sent a delegation to the US, to Apple, to Microsoft, to Google, and they asked the people there who were inventing the future about themselves. And they found that all of them had read science fiction when they were boys or girls.

theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/15/neil-gaiman-future-libraries-reading-daydreaming

The meme about Chinese people being robotic isn't true. When I was teaching I met a ton of kids which passion, ambition and unique funny and friendly personalities.
And yet we have this quote from Chinese officials.

I'll rein in any more speculation.

>The meme about Chinese people being robotic isn't true
t. chink

give me the source, please

>both top 20s completely different
>both complete shit

>my gf

>Reddit Runner BTFO'd in chinkland
based chinks shitting on reddit
get fucked plebs

could a chink get dubs twice in one thread?

good little chink

this i live in urumqi, as soon as i walked out the the cinema i realized i was still in the movie

btfo

>Geostorm praises china
>Blade Runner hipsters think it's their duty to bash and ridicule china
Why is it a surprise

It doing as well as say, "A.I" did. there only so much market for that type of film, no matter how good it is.

The issue is that they spent 150 million instead of say, 80-100 million on this film.

Though in the end, due to how the financing for this movie worked, Sony will end up taking the brunt of the loss, as WB will make money and Alcon will break even after streaming and so on.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

EAT SHIT REDDIT

EAT SHIT REDDIT

EAT SHIT REDDIT

EAT SHIT REDDIT

EAT SHIT REDDIT

YES I'VE FOUND THE ARTIST'S TWITTER
I WIN
I WIN
WIN
W
I
N

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS FAST

Congratulations user

STOP POSTING SCREENCAPS OF YOUR SHIT HERE SCOTT

who is scott

I demand a genocide for anyone who's seen geostorm, if you can't tell before hand that Geostorm is utter shit you don't deserve to live.

it's like you don't even fucking know who scott is

make me

ROC>PRC by a country mile.

>imlying its in any way hard to believe someone could get a gf in a third world country

That reminds me of a time when a jewish kid and I got into a fight in middle school, then the teacher came over and he started crying and brought up the holocaust and the teacher looked at me as though i should feel bad because of that

BASED

>The Chinese were brilliant at making things if other people brought them the plans. But they did not innovate and they did not invent.

>you are permitted to innovate and invent as a factory worker in the midst of successive politbureau-invoked famines

hey fatty

>Film depicting what China is now.
>Caring about what Commies think.

Why would they want to see that, the Chinese want to spend their leisure time escaping their shit reality.

Who are you talking to? That's a quote from the source, are you retarded?

Gee willikers, a flick that reguires no thinking wins a race in a country where foreign movies reguiring no thinking do the best BO. Go figure.

its over. we will never get a netflix BR show now.