Something that bothered me a little about this show was this characterization of Dick Grayson...

Something that bothered me a little about this show was this characterization of Dick Grayson. He seemed way more like Tim Drake, but then an actual Tim shows up later.

Maybe I just hated his voice

Why? Just because he's good with computers?

His personality is nothing like Tim's

To be honest, Dick never had a real interesting personality while being Robin.

His personality was good though 'capable of joking in serious situations' is a more interesting way of showing a character is well trained and disciplined than having them be all business

People forget how arrogant the boy wonder could be, he was batman's son and superman was his uncle. He was good looking, the closest possible you can get to peak human and could beat meta humans at age 14, it was in character he was a nice person that happened to be raised by the most arrogant Super hero ever. He reflected his circus persona and what you grow up to be when your step dad calls everyone but superman an amateur pleb

that's not the fucked up part
the fucked up part was how they did a very short time-skip and jason todd was already dead.. meaning in something like 4 years (right?) dick stopped being robin, jason started, jason died, they put up a memorial for him, Tim became Robin, then Tim joined 'the team'

Take all of that, add in Damian and you've why people hated the five year time line when the New 52 started

Well he quit being Robin before most of Sup Forums was born. He quit being Robin before personal computers were even a thing.

As Robin when he was with the Batman office he went through a fair about of changes as he went from a wide eyed kid that was overconfident and full of energy, to being more of a Cyclops-type when he basically left the Batman office when he was more of a Titans character.

I decided to look up the timeline for Young Justice and discovered that Barry Allen is somehow one of the oldest members of the Justice League. J'onn was born in 1875, then there's Barry in 1975, then the rest. Kinda crazy.
Anyways, I think the timeskip was 5 years, which is enough time for Dick to become Nightwing, Jason be Robin for a few years then die, then have Tim start just a bit before season 2 started.

People only seem to remeber 90s Nightwing being lighthearted when he was actually very similar and an asshole in the Teen Titans. Tim didn't get super serious till later. He started off an insecure nerd.

This was the weirdest thing to me.

I keep seeing Sup Forums saying how Dick was a "jokester", when most of the comics that he shows up from the late 90s to the 00s, he is more of a mini Batman.

>mfw no one remembers the 70's.

Why do Timfags always do this? Assume every version of Dick is more like Tim as if Tim isn't just a less cool Dick?

When people started to believe that Dick was Spider-Man?

I prefer him as a jokester, but I have no idea on when this transition happened, it just seemed to come out of nowhere, and everyone acted like he was always a happy go luck guy.

Most Robinfags are cancer that are obssessed with infighting, they are stupid, you are stupid.

that's my point, i felt that this robin WAS less cool. I didn't WANT him to seem like tim.

Dick was super cocky on YJ. They nailed his character. Tim showed up and was like furniture also a spot on characterization

Well the speed force does slow ageing.

BARELY enough time.

It does make Batman quick to replace both Dick and Jason as if he actively looks for new Robins, yeah lol.

True, I remember Jay saying that he ages slower but Speed Force doesn't exist in YJ I think. I wasn't commenting on Barry being old, really. I just thought it was weird that he's older than Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Hal (he's 4th I think). And I made a mistake. Wonder Woman was molded in 1925. So she's second oldest and Barry is 3rd.

Huh didn't know about the Barry thing.

The J'onn thing is just Weisman's idea for Martian aging, I think it's something like 3 or 4 times as slow as human aging in the YJ universe (hence M'gann technically being like 40 something.... but considered a teenager by Martian standards)

That's about how long it took in real life, fools.

Dick Grayson first donned the Nightwing identity in 1984, post-Crisis Jason Todd is introduced in 1987, he died in '88, and Tim Drake became the new Robin by late '89.