"When I was a young man, I defended our State.As an old man, I shall not abandon it...

>"When I was a young man, I defended our State.As an old man, I shall not abandon it.I give sincere thanks to Mark Antony, who has generously presented me with the most promising theme imaginable.I address you directly, Antony.Please listen, as if you were sober and intelligent, and not a drink-sodden, sex-addled wreck.You are certainly not without accomplishments.It is a rare man who can boast of becoming a bankrupt before even coming of age. You have brought upon us war, pestilence and destruction.You are Rome's Helen of Troy. But then a woman's role has always suited you best."

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This guy was supposed to be the best senator of all time?

He was a spineless fuck who mismanaged every deal he ever made to the point of ruin, at least in the show.

Was it a bad portrayal? At least he died well

Off with his head!

Dilly! Dilly!

good movie gladiator

He was known as a great orator and writer, not necessarily as a good senator.

DELET THIS

:stopskeletons:

was mark antony a TRVE ROMAN?

>Pullo and Vorenus were fierce rivals for promotion to primus pilus, the most senior centurion in a legion. Both distinguished themselves in 54 BC when the Nervii attacked the legion under Quintus Cicero in their winter quarters in Nervian territory. In an effort to outdo Vorenus, Pullo charged out of the fortified camp and attacked the enemy, but was soon wounded and surrounded. Vorenus followed and engaged his attackers in hand-to-hand combat, killing one and driving the rest back, but lost his footing and was himself soon surrounded. Pullo in turn rescued Vorenus, and after killing several of the enemy, the pair returned to camp amid applause from their comrades.

pULlo and VoreNUs were real and kick ass

>cicero is making a comparison between the character of women and Antony
>women are thought of as governed by their senses/feelings
>Antony is a drunkard and hedon governed by sense based pleasures like a woman
>he's calling Antony a pussy for not being able to maintain himself like a stoic Roman and also mocking his business sense as well, manhood, etc.

now skeleton must rest in the comfy catacombs with cicero's ghost

WHEN I WAS
A YOUNG MAN

this is fairly accurate. Cicero was seen as a career opportunist and not necessarily a good person or even renown in business. He came from old money. Also, if you want to know more about his past and how he became senator read about the Cataline Conspiracy, very interesting

tfw Caesar will never mention you by name forever immortalizing you

>tfw Rome died so Game of Turds could live
It still hurts bros.

That's not why, you sub-verbal australopithecine. It's because Anthony was known to submit to the amorous advances of other men in his youth. Look it up

Can anyone explain this to me?

Since they were already speaking Latin, would this be likeā€¦ Double Latin?

i wonder how often Posca and drugfu had sex

HOL UP NIGGA YOU TELLIN ME ANTONY WAS A FAG?!?!

The line between fag and libertine was thin indeed back then

That was archaic flamen Latin

Who was Best Girl, and why was it Octavia?

>He came from old money
No he didn't. Cicero was the first of his family to become a senator. His father was a businessman who didn't even live in Rome. When Cicero arrived in Rome he had no credentials except for the bare minimum military experience required to become a Senator. He worked his way up the political ladder by starting as an attorney and impressing the hell out of everyone. He ended up making quite a few bad decisions and wavering on his ideal old Roman values but that's perfectly understandable given how murky and incestuous ties between feuding Roman elites were.

[reees in latin]

>the Cataline Conspiracy,
you should read Imperium by Robert Harris.

trips of tru feels

Based Octaviaposter

GAIUS
JULIUS
CAESAR

Atia was the best girl

Cicero was to smart to be kept alive in a Roman Empire when he craved a democratic Republic.

They were all fags back then

Do you think that, if he had asked after coming to power, that Atia would have had an issue with letting Octavian fuck her and cum in her mouth?

After all, the only thing she had to say when she thought that Cesar was buttfucking his little nephew Octavian was " who's to say what's right or wrong in these times?What power we shall wield!"

Her sense of propriety was directly correlated to how much temporal power she could wrest out of a situation. That being the case, I don't find it hard to believe that she would have much of an issue with drinking her son's sperm if he made her de facto governor of Asia or something.

>the real pullo joined pompey during the civil war

PULLO!

The Virgin Sup Forums poster

The Chad /film/ connoisseur

Antony BTFO

>fiction shit

Eyyy! Just because you play golf a few times doesn't make you a golfer!

Also only the one receiving the load was the fag back then.

I just marathoned Rome last week for the first time. She is so QT it hurts

Didn't Cato kill brutus's father IRL? It's funny that they should have ended up on the same side in the TV show.

The show gets a lot wrong about the behavior and other character traits of these people. just read up on your history to learn the true story. we don't have the WHOLE story, but we have enough to know that ROME is bogus in many respects.

Brutus, for example, wasn't a sniveling radmure tully type guy, he was an astute businessman and a respected soldier by the time he made the decision to assassinate Caesar.

Did real Brutus have a big dick like his show counterpart?

you mean pompey?

Vorena the Elder

Pullo, unlike in the show, was actually extremely competent and fiercely loyal to the Republic. In de bello civili Caesar talke about Pullo swaying an entire garrison on an island to support the Senate.

Needs GOAT theatrical movement

Cato was Brutus' uncle actually, I can't recall who killed his father.

WTF was her problem?

But she gets seduced so easily by that weird looking criminal mong.

Good writer though.

Ugh, literally the Emilia Clarke of Rome

>Season 1, banging body,in prime MILF fuckmeat mode,nude scenes galore
>Season 2, comes back a sloppy pig and stops doing nude scenes

I fucking hate her

Best of GOAT newsreader
Series 1 and 2

youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A

>she gets seduced

She was very clearly just using him, she seduced him, he's the one that looks at her like a love-struck teenager. She puts out occasionally and in return gets a (for a while) totally loyal henchman to do all the dirty work she doesn't want to sully her patrician hands with.

I'm talking about Vorena who gets seduced by the weird mong with the dolls. Not Atia who fucks Timon the jew. I just posted her because of excellent nude scenes.

> she gets so easily seduced
> being this brain-dead

I mean seriously how could you even have conceived of that in your mind and then decide to type it. You must be a real hit with the ladies. By which I mean they won't come near you with a ten-foot pole

Then you should have said pic unrelated dumbass

Cicero was a cheeky cunt who got what he deserved.
Caesar did nothing wrong.

My bad, I just assumed from the pic

Did anyone else think that Jew guy got off way too easy?

He basically assaults one of the most powerful women in the Roman Empire and then just takes off. Like, there was no revenge or retribution whatsoever.

Given everything we saw of Atia in the show, she absolutely would have had that no name fucker murdered.

Her dad drove her mother to suicide, and his enemies sold her into slavery and made her a prostitute. And then for some reason he told everyone he works with about it.

>tfw fucked off my duties to bang a foreign Queen
>tfw when my time comes go out like a man
>tfw when the Queen sobs at the feet of my corpse
>tfw she an heros herself and we both die holding hands

Best Roman

BY ORDER OF THE TRIUMVIRATE, ALL MOCKERY OF GAME OF THRONES AND ITS POOR WRITING SHALL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM

*MAXIMUM