Japan tries capeshit once

>Japan tries capeshit once
>Blows the entire Marvel cinematic univers out of the water
Based slant eyed drones

I like BNHA but I wouldn’t say its better than the MCU. But I have to say Almight may just be a Superman parody but he represents more of what the character stood for than Superman in MoS.

Wasn't this a movie with Kurt Russell

Either way you're not wrong

My Hero Academia = DC
One Punch Man = Marvel

I don’t see the connection.

Rapeman = dark horse

Japanese does capeshit better than the west.
They know it's just childish amusement that shouldn't be taken seriously. The OPM manga is also drawn pretty well tool.

is shit with cliche power levels tournament arc writtign, is just naruto with different characters

>Japanese does capeshit better than the west.
too bad that only weebs know about japanese animation and manga.

>Once
>Tiger & Bunny
>Onepunch-Man
>Probably more that I don't know about
You're not wrong on it being better than Marvel though

As it should be. Japanese real life adaptations of anime and manga are bad enough. Imagine if Hollywood wanted in on that too.

>being better than Marvel is an achievement now
DCEU didn't get a cookie for that and neither will you animu

More that they just do a ton of different comics so it's easier to have the good stuff rise to the top.

No one is going to read the preachy bullshit comics when they have the super fun adventure comics they could read instead.

In the US we have Marvel that's only really done well because they realized they could use the most successful comics they made in the past as blueprints for movies that print money. DC for some reason DIDN'T do this and instead tried making more originalish stories. Problem is everyone is largely using stories from decades ago that they're having to update rather than newer comics because no one reads the newer comics in the US.

agreed

Tournament arcs are basically just to buy time to come up with the next arc for shoenen in the begging. Think about how they happen.

> series has fantastic first arc with heart and soul
>gets picked up for continued WEEKLY publish by small ass team of overworked dronees
>"...shit...we...uh guttah come up with a whole direction for the narative now...."
>TOUNEMENT ARC FOR THE NEXT YEAR!!!! TIME TO POWERLEVEL AND INTRO NEW CHARACTER DESIGNS THAT LOK TACTICOOL!
>okay, we got this now...Tounement enevitebly gets interrupted, or finishes with and unexpected outcome. Hero NEVER WINS...

List of series this happens in:

Yu-Yu-Hakusho(although not untill after the tower arc and mostly can be blamed on editorial)
Hunter X Hunter(Hunter exam, although it was unique same author as Yu yu btw)
Naruto: Hunter e--- I meen...Chunin exams.
MHA: as stated by op
Black clover...is currently on its SECOND tournament!
DBZ....Literally....almost....every...other....arc...

However these series usually continiue to have decent stories. Yu Yu and HxH are fantastic. Naruto is trash. and DBZ is at leas centered souly around MArtial arts at heart. so that one works as well. Overall....Just enjoy the ride you spitefully cynical cunts.

O

My niggah.

>What is GitS

i read newer comics.....But im a sad lonely Neckbeard...

Yeah and look how that turned out. I mean what's the point of adapting something when it'll look and in general will be worse than the original?

My Hero Academia is a mediocre anime/manga and a shitty and generic shounen. The only thing it has going for it are the character designs.

I am so mad I watched Kill La Kill while it was airing instead of this

MHA isn't really THAT good.

Its pretty entertaining but not great.

can't imagine why

RIP Manglobe.

>vlc

O MY BACKTRACKING QUIRK

>missed this and SIT DOWN live

kms

>google

One Punch Man is better

based

>shonenshit
>any better than capeshit
this is what some people actually believe
it's like marveldrones arguing with dcucks which is better, they still both garbage

>japan tries to capeshit
>forgets to make good villains
>spends so long in a cliche highschool championship arc everyone drops the title out of boredom
Don't know what happened next to be honest, don't care. I've read Naruto, I know how these things go

Rurouni kenshin was acruallly good, those are probably the only anime to live action films that succeeded

>started as a parody of good shonen mangas
>became an actual shonen manga, but not a good one
>the fact that it's bad is supposed to make it quirky and cool
I don't get it

Saint Seiya started with a tournament but they never finished it.

>Just enjoy the ride you spitefully cynical cunts.
I rather watch good tv than weeb shit

>Yu Yu and HxH are fantastic. Naruto is trash
It's amazing that some people actually like Yu Yu and HxH while disliking Naruto. The level of contrarian faggotry I swear to god.

lmao the butthurt the MCU causes Sup Forums

This was such an incredible, amazing episode I genuinely feel sorry for those that couldn't experience the crazyness the day it aired.

This is a rip off of Sky High. Still good though.

don't know yu yu but HxH stays decent throughout while naruto drops in quality and is filler hell

>once

off yourself

>he was talking about anime all along
Kys my friend. Anyone watching shonen instead of reading it doesn't deserve to live. Naruto manga is perfectly decent, way better than HxH.

>Sup Forums
>manga
no, you kys

Naruto stopped being good after the timeskip and completely blew it after the Pain arc.

Advanced Kino

Entertainment is all I ask from capeshit.
Marvel and DC have been failing to provide that.

Toku isn't capeshit, is beyond that.

its the other way around. Dc has the god like super heroes that can defeat the universe with a single punch and Marvel has the bullshit drama and lovely characters

>DBZ....Literally....almost....every...other....arc...
Tournaments are a series mark since fucking Dragon ball when kid goku fought Jackie chun

Yeah no, you didn't actually watch the tournament at all. It introduced characters based on personality and not "muh cool design" - especially since everyone wore the same PE kit - and the arc also gave organic character development to pre-existing characters such as Iida, Uraraka and Todoroki. Also it introduced Shinso the based lad himself whose only flaw is lack of screentime in future chapters.

The event itself fit perfectly into the overarching plot and it was clear the arc wasn't a forced powerlevel display by any means. The characters' newfound fame actually compliments their internal growth as well as their overall goal to become famous heroes, and the arc itself ties directly into the Hero Internships arc while also adding fuel to the villain's conflict with the protagonist - Shigaraki getting gradually more obsessive with Midoriya's popularity and similarity to All Might.

>>Tournament inevitably gets interrupted, or finishes with an unexpected outcome
But that didn't even happen you plonker, unless you think "muh protagonist didn't win!" counts as an unexpected ending. I might add that the thing I hate most in tournament arcs is when the side characters' matches get skipped or glossed over just to get to the main cast's fights, and I was relieved to see that every match in the tournament was shown in its entirety, even if a few of them were a bit on the short side (I was looking forward to Iida vs Plant Lady kino)

TL;DR: Other anime tournament arcs that I've seen may be garbage (yet still fun to watch of course) but this one doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the others. MHA is a god-tier show, the OP post is 100% correct and the Sports Festival arc is a strong contributor to both these statements.
>Just enjoy the ride you spitefully cynical cunts
This however is completely correct.