Ron Howard Has Reportedly Reshot Almost ALL of HAN SOLO

>it's said that Howard has reshot "nearly all" of the spinoff which has led to the budget almost doubling. That means we can probably forget about seeing any of Lord and Miller's work in the final cut next year.

comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/ron-howard-has-reportedly-reshot-almost-all-of-solo-a-star-wars-story-a154903

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fqiasBVGtX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

couldn't they have just filmed a few quips and insert them?

I still have hope that this movie is all an elaborate prank.

so instead of a boba fett movie we're getting this shit?

Haven't you followed the story? The problem with Lord and Miller's Han Solo is that there were too many quips. Despite hiring comedy directors they didn't want the movie to be a comedy.

JUST

So there's tons of scrapped footage for the nerds to masturbate over wanting to see but never getting to.

that would be shit too and you know it

ya'll know what's next

so it's gonna be another borefest like Rogue One: An Unnecessary Star Wars Story?

So they treated SW like they treat capeshit.

Weak. But this is the formula Disney approved, so it's probably strange to them to suddenly see Disney act like this.

Just like The Emperor's New Groove.

star wars was already capeshit you stupid faggot.

You never know what you're going to get with Ron Howard.

Could be shit, could be A Beautiful Mind.

Let me guess
>"Anything outside the original trilogy is shit"
Stop with the nostalgia, faggot.

Just stop, please.

The Star Wars horse has been beaten dead for a long time now.

i really like cinerella man too

>Emilia Clarke
It's gonna make Rogue One look like Shakespeare

Alleged spoilers.

Han Solo was a street orphan from planet Corellia who is caught stealing cargo by Woody Harrelson's character, Beckett, a veteran smuggler. He's impressed by young Han's skill and takes him under his wing.

Han and Lando Calrissian are rival smugglers for the Lacard crime syndicate, smuggling spice and other materials past Imperial blockades through the Kessel field, which is very dangerous and filled with obstacles. Lando has a pristine, fully operational Millennium Falcon. Han and Beckett have a shitty ship called "Lightspeed Thunder".

Early on, Han and Beckett rescue Chewbacca, who's a prisoner of war, and he joins the crew. Ryn Lacard, their boss, is pissed because he wants to remain out of the Empire's radar.

Thandie Newton's character, Nyssa, is Lacard's power-hungry enforcer. She murders Ryn and plans to bomb an assembly between the leaders of the Lacard crime syndicate so she can seize power. She captures Han and Beckett to frame them for the murders, but Han and Chewie escape and join forces with a reluctant Lando to rescue Beckett and stop Nyssa.

Emilia Clarke's character, Kira, is Beckett's estranged daughter whom Han calls for help. They have past history. She's an intergalactic Robin Hood who steals from the Empire to help the oppressed people. Her crew includes Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Selu and Warwick Davis' Stick.

Paul Bettany's character, Cain, is a bounty hunter hired by Nyssa to hunt down the heroes. He was previously played by Michael K. Williams as a motion-capture alien, but was reworked as a human. He has his own unbeatable warship, called "The Scourge".

How is Kennedy not fired yet?? Don't studios hate shit like this happening?? Like isn't a kiss of death to fuck something up this badly

so howard shot first and then he shot again?

Ron Howard's just a generic Hollywood directer though, except with a more popular name. No one praises the directing in his movies at least nothing that I've ever heard.

as long as the movies make money and keep the fans and critics relatively placated Disney doesn't care. TFA and Rogue One both made a ton of money and were generally liked so she's going to keep her job until that changes.

Dude she's immovable. And honestly budget doubling on shooting on set? Disney can safely afford it. It's not like they're doing the CGI twice anew.

The movie is very comedic. A running gag is that Han comes up with outlandish stories about himself and they all blow up in his face, like saying he dumped Kira when they actually never dated and she turned him down. The cause of the issues between the old directors and the studio is that there was so much of Han making an ass of himself that they felt it made the character too much of a joke.

Lots of callbacks, as expected. Han's blaster comes from Beckett, who also teaches him to "always shoot first" after being injured in a standoff with Caine. Kira is the one that says "don't get cocky, kid", and Han first says "never tell me the odds" when he's making the Kessel Run to reach the assembly in time while Cain is on their tail.

Han also crosses paths with Darth Vader during Chewbacca's rescue and hopes he'll never "see the guy again".

In the end, Beckett sacrifices himself to prevent the bombing and Nyssa and Cain are killed, but the Thunder is destroyed and the Falcon heavily damaged in the Kessel Run. Kira parts with Han on good terms, and nobody believes Han made the Kessel Run even though it's true.

Movie ends with Lando inviting Han and Chewie to work with him, but Han refuses, claiming the real money is with Jabba the Hut in Tattoine, where he'll have "peace and quiet for the rest of his life". Before Lando leaves, Han challenges him to a card game (the one in which he'll win the Falcon).

Apollo 13 was more than decent. Tricky shoot in planes for 0G environments. Even went to won an oscar. He's no Kubrick but he's ok in my book. He's a studio guy sure, but there are much much worse out there.

It depends on the quality of the script

J U S T
U
S
T

>"Anything outside the original trilogy is shit"

no, it's anything made by Disney that is shit nowdays

That IS the original trilogy dumbass

They need to get OUT of that shit, stop all those unneeded spin offs

>Lots of callbacks, as expected. Han's blaster comes from Beckett, who also teaches him to "always shoot first" after being injured in a standoff with Caine. Kira is the one that says "don't get cocky, kid", and Han first says "never tell me the odds" when he's making the Kessel Run to reach the assembly in time while Cain is on their tail.
Disgusting.

fucking this. it's such a waste and a disappointment how these movies refuse to stop holding the hands of the OT. it is clear by now they have zero (0) interest AT ALL in exploring that entire fucking galaxy that they have to explore

>Boba Fett
>outside the original trilogy

nigga just because he shows up as a little kid in your cartoons doesn't mean he's not a character from the OT

>a movie nobody wants
>with meme actors like woody harrelson and emilia clark in a cast that will inevitably feel awkward
>to top it all off the script is absolute horseshit

I would kill myself before getting involved with the production of this disaster. It's a real fucking shame that it is guaranteed to make a lot of money in the box office regardless of how bad it is going to be. Disney is running Star Wars into the ground and they are mistaking the spectators to their spectacle of a trainwreck as an audience begging for more.

confirmed shit

Ok so it meant to be a quipy western movie earlier. What are we getting now? There was the same story with rogue one. It meant to be a war movie in the beginning.

they would literally cast someone like fucking Michael B. Jordan to play Boba Fett

why the fuck would you want a boba fett movie

So, this is set after Order 66 as Cheebacca was on Yoda's guard duty up until then?

This is gonna be so bad

based

I just want some sheev kinos during the time from the start of the empire right upto the battle of yavin.

>Han also crosses paths with Darth Vader during Chewbacca's rescue and hopes he'll never "see the guy again".

this sounded kinda alright up until emilia clarke's character was introduced and everything past that point was total shit

>oh god why

You're never going to get that user.

On a good day he's pretty good with actors. He also has a decent sense of flow and won't ruin a movie if the script is all right. And that's it.

w..what about sheev before the prequels

Mfw no plagueis sheev movie.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

VADER IN EVERY MOVIEEEEEE

I read the entire Legends Wookiepedia page on him and it honestly would make a great film. So would a movie on Maul.

Casting someone who looks nothing like Harrison Ford as Han Solo kind of goes into the prank territory for me.

>Han Solo was a street orphan

Stopped reading there

I'd be fine with this if they had recast everyone as well.

>He was previously played by Michael K. Williams as a motion-capture alien, but was reworked as a human.
Heaven forbid a sci fi franchise have any aliens.

top kek

Heaven forbid a star wars movie having star wars aliens

"COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!"

"Eh, I'm good."

What's wrong, you don't like Disney's dull earth-tone aliens with squinty wide-set eyes?

Boba Fett is only cool because we don't know anything about him. Disney won't come up with anything that will do him justice.

>a long time ago in a galaxy that might actually just be asia

idris elba is han solo?

Josh Trank was supposed to direct the boba fett movie. When he had his meltdown on the fantastic four project disney fired his ass.

youtu.be/fqiasBVGtX8
I know he has four payments on his car and he's headed over to hammerhead and the mos eisley bar.

at this point you might as well
neither one looks like han anyway

>the fantastic four project

Thank god, that movie was absolute fucking garbage.

ACTING COACH
CTING COACH
TING COACH
ING COACH
NG COACH
G COACH

>just learning that Emilia Clarke is in this hogshit

lmao

>they are mistaking the spectators to their spectacle of a trainwreck as an audience begging for more.
Doesn't matter. That ticket money spends the same either way.

Anything out of the OTfags are the reason why they did all of this and we got a bunch of useless rehashes.

Also, a little known film that is probably the first non-starwars movie that was really a starwars movie was WILLOW.

It's basically the fourth starwars movie. Howard cut his chops under Lucas.

This.

Han makes way, way more sense if you make him out to be some rebellious rich kid from a loving family, like Chevy Chase in Caddyshack, sort of the space personification of an early Vampire Weekend song.

Nobody gets that truly cocky and above it all unless they were born into a loving and well-to-do place only to walk away because they were totally 'over it', desu. Han's comfortable upbringing racing expensive ships his dad bought him also further contrasts with Luke in the OT and explains why he shits on the farmboy and the princess alike.

But of course Disney will never do it that way.

His rebelliousness came from him leaving military after finding out how corrupt and shitty it was.

His attitude came from seeing how shitty the world was and decided to get his instead of being a sucker like the rest.

His optimism was rekindled because of Luke.

It had nothing to do with classism.

>thread full of shills and Disneybots trying to hype what will be a gueranteed jumblefuck trainwreck

>boba fett meme

Where are the sjw?
I mean isn't this the type of shit they should be getting mad at, a character is only an alien when being played by a black, but when a white replaces him, the character becomes human?

>Emilia Clarke's character, Kira, is Beckett's estranged daughter whom Han calls for help. They have past history. She's an intergalactic Robin Hood who steals from the Empire to help the oppressed people.

No. Star Wars was Sword and Sandals.

Imagine a No Country for Old Men esque Boba Fett movie, in which some smuggler or something pisses off Jabba the Hutt or some other crime boss and is constantly on the run from Boba Fett. Boba relentlessly hunts down the protagonist, saying little and killing anything that gets in his way. The protagonist starts out as a coward, but over time learns he needs to stop running and face Boba, lest he risks the lives of the people he cares about. There's a climatic standoff, and in the end Boba gets his man. If Disney did this with a competent writer and director, I could see a Boba Fett movie being pretty good. But of course they won't, because it's fucking Disney

Anyone wanna guess how they're gonna blame trump for when this movie doesn't even break even at the BO?

I don't want this. No one wants this.

Where is the Imperial Academy? Han attended it for some time, didn't he?

Not anymore, Han Solo is a good rebel who punches all space Nazis and always did. #resist

never write

>He was previously played by Michael K. Williams as a motion-capture alien
Why the fuck do the new Star Wars movies hate diversity that isn't human?

What a fucking mess. Letting whats-her-name take the helm of Lucasfilm was a terrible idea.

>that feel when this will have fucking Tag and Bink cameos
I'm not a child so I don't give a shit about Star Wars but why would they even waste time or money filming scenes with two joke characters 99% of your audience won't recognize at all?

Isn't the point of Han Solo that he's a quipmaster?

Who gives a fuck about star wars if it doesnt have jedis in it

I remember interesting comic book with Boba Fett.
It was about some imperial officer on backwater outpost hiring him to pacify the locals.
His real goal however was to expose corruption of his superior and take the power for himself.
Closing scene was something like this:
>"If you played your cards differently you could've ended as very rich man."
>"Money isn't everything. Power and prestige are more valuable. Bounty hunter like you wouldn't understand."
>"Maybe but I know that people in power easily make enemies. Ambitious enemies who will do anything, hire anyone to get what they want. Until we meet again..."
Boba leaves and last panel shows officer shitting his pants out of newfound paranoia.

this I could see

Clone Wars is best Star Wars era

please don't be a Star Wars version of Heaven's Gate, we don't need the studios controlling the dog damn movies EVEN MORE.

looks like the bog pill is working

What a piece of junk!

>king of the directors for hire club more concerned with making a hit flick for his masters instead of a genuinely well made film.
i'm shocked

Cast younger Sheev

Nice, another SW fllm I won't be watching.

>Nobody believes Han made the Kessel Run even though it's true
The entire reason Han is a famous smuggler is because everybody knows he did the Kessel Run.
Jesus fuck.

>EU
Say it with me
NON CANON

>anything Star Wars
>not breaking even at the box office
Stop thinking how you want the world to be is how it is.