New Flinstones comic

your opinion ?

it's good .

Sjw ruined it

I like it

Best thing since ever.

It rocks.

Better than it has any right to be but I might be bias since I liked it as a kid.

>FLEENSTONES?!? comic
>No 7 GRAND DAD

Comic sucks

The comic in general?
I absolutely love it.

The latest issue that was posted yesterday?
I hated it. It was unfocused. All the previous issues have had a more narrow focus that allowed them to do the satire better and to have good character moments. This last issue had at three different unrelated things happening - the rogue economics professor, Wilma visiting her mother, and Clod wanting to buy dinosaur armor. None of them intersected, and the whole comic felt disjointed and pointless. Wilma's subplot was the best, that really should have been the sole focus. I could see it tying into Clod's subplot if they dropped the economics bit. And I liked the economics bit, but it just didn't seem to fit into anything. It was like a deleted sequence from the issue about buying crap that they decided to use here.

Why do people hate various subplots running through an arc now?

Flintstones is the only comic fighting the degeneracy of modern day monogamy

I really like the Flintstones for the same strange reason I enjoy the Wire. It's an examination of the system and how the system shapes the people. It never place the entire blame on any one particular group of people. All the anvils it drops are all about how we should focus on people and not the system, a sentiment I very much agree with

I thought it was examining the social-economic issues from 3 different view-points:
-the commie economics teacher is the armchair academic, who examines the entire situation from a sort of academic perspective
-Wilma's mother, the underclass who sees through the illusion of the system
-Clod, the upperclass who is not entirely in control either and just as chewed up by the system

One of the best ongoing comics out there. A bit heavy handed on the commentary and lacks subtlety in characterization, but still a nice read with solid humor and sometimes the commentary hits.

>>>/tumblr/

siIvagunner did more damage to the franchise than any sjw could ever hope to

It did intersect, but through the messages rather than narratively.
Which I agree isn't too good

Who?

> Clod who is not entirely in control either

But he was in control, at the end of the day the hospital was demolished and the dinosaurs got their armor. I'm not sure how you misread the comic to interpret that everybody was equally screwed over.

Fred is a 10/10 husbando and father.

He has to deal with angry women voters and Fred potentially being the swing vote, not to mention the whole budget thing, very reminiscent of the Wire when CIA had to deal with school budget deficit
Clod's winning shows how all the cogs are linked

Or maybe I'm just a faggot who's too tired after work

fuuuuck offf. I'm from Sup Forums and I liked it

In a just society, all of those factors would matter. However, because Clod is Clod, whatever he says goes, because he's the one in charge. Unless there's an issue about some sort of populist rejection of Clod, Slate, and others, Fred, Wilma, and everybody else can't do anything about it.

Clod still had to call that town hall meeting though, so it's not entirely his word is creed.

Well apparently they have a pretty democratic society, the only reason he got his way is because people bought into his discourse.

Clod won the vote, because society will always choose security over its own welfare and prosperity.

>I thought it was examining the social-economic issues from 3 different view-points:
Huh. I'm going to have to re-read it with that perspective. It felt really jumpy, but this does tie them together in my mind.

I'll probably still be of the opinion that it's my least favorite issue, however.

Oh, I agree, it's the weakest issue so far
Still fun enough for a laugh and get yer noggin moving a little

It's just ok, I'm just tired of all the "deep" platitudes that's baby's first existentialism spouted randomly throughout the comic.

can someone post links to the previous issues?
>inb4 check the Win-O
I'm lazy as shit.

exacty

Are you stupid? All of them had the same point - that men hold the power and that's not always the best thing.

Yeah, it went hard with the fourth wave feminism bullshit USA has going on, but at least they made some fun out of it, while touching on some issues.

As for the comic? Fucking love it. I'm buying every new issue, even if it costs an arm and a leg to buy these in my shitty country.

I thought it was pretty obvious, since the three stories are addressing the same themes and even using the same words in parts.

>men hold the power and that's not always the best thing
Not just men, but the wrong men, and for the wrong reasons. The strongest hunter isn't necessarily the best leader, and all that.

Yeah, and that's why I wrote the comic stinks of fourth wave feminism, basically telling us that it's always men who made these decisions, and now women. They kinda made women look like the perfect good guys, and men like a mixed bag of awful shits and broken bad guys who try to get better.

> a child deserves several fathers and about a dozen mothers

I love this shit, man. It's a refreshing modern day political satire, even if the messages are a bit heavy handed. I don't think they've even gone as far as referencing Trump.

>fourth wave feminism

bitch we aren't even out of the third wave yet. And the whole hunter/gatherer thing was actually historically accurate to the point where it actually contradicts the marriage issue, since Wilma was apparently sold as a bride before marriage was even common. But they're condensing a couple thousand years of development into a twenty year series of flashbacks so whatever.

> a child deserves several fathers and about a dozen mothers

There are societies where this is a thing though, there's some group in Tibet where wives take on multiple husbands as a means to save land for example.

Stone this man

Yep! That makes it even funnier.

It's like that one Asay comic where he's got a straight couple and a gay couple and it says "Which of these is better suited to raising a child?" but he didn't demonize the gay couple in any way so they both look perfectly fine to anyone who isn't already anti-gay.

>the weakest issue of the flintstones is still the best big 2 comic of the week

what went right?

A effort on social commentary that is not out of demonize anyone or pat anyone on the back, but a sincere and genuine attempt to be great and excellent to each other

It's a rare breed now

The one thing that gives me hope in these troubled days.

It also gives a bit of historical perspective on the contentious parts of our culture. Some of the issues we're dealing with on the political front now really DO date back to the dawn of human civilization, especially with regards to equality and identity politics.

Damn I didn't need to introspect about my life choices today

It's good stuff.
Bought the floppies and will prolly buy the trades.

I'm not a Flintstones fan. I really hated it as a kid. I really like this comic though. Some issues are better than others, but its funny and the stories are entertaining without getting too preachy.

Hey guys, read the latest issue and thought it was pretty neat. Just wanted to ask:

I'm considering recommending the series to a friend who's busy/doesn't use Sup Forums, so what's the most convenient way to send them all the latest issues?

Also/alternatively, anyone know when the trades (is that the term?) come out, the one where the issues are collected in one book?

Tell him to buy them on comixology.

Amazon says trade is out March 28, 2017

We are but poor students great Clod, show us mercy
>issues 1-6
RRRRREEEEEEE

Alternatively, what's a good reader program that's available/probably installed for Apple? Would .cbzs work or would I have to convert them?

Shit. Mainly because it's not telling it like it is or deep. It's just cynicism mixed with first year humanities. The writer also is a massive fag.

>>issues 1-6
>RRRRREEEEEEE

thats teh general length of a trade.

and considering by the time that comes out, the monthly books will only be up to issue 9? not a bad gap to overcome.

It rocks.

DC puts out trades fast, that's more than acceptable.