Horror Movie General

Ghoul-Evening everyone,

Can we get a comfy slasher thread going?

Maybe throw in some stories from when we were kids? I'll start

>Be me
>See this cover in my video store (vhs)
>kid at school tells me how awesome it is
>says all of them fight in one big battle
>get hyped
>never see it again
>never see it mentioned
>we drift apart
>he's cool
>i'm not
>finally find a copy on ebay on dvd in year 10
>pay absurd price for it
>invite him over
>''bro what are you talking about, that's just a sample pack''
>but you sai-
>''No I didn't bro stop making shit up''
>walks away with his pals

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YGbVrXmFadk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw it's already halloween and you've only watched 5 movies the entire month, 3 of which you had already seen
To be young and watching monster movie TV marathons all month long again...

I just finished The Fog, it was pretty ok up until the bitch on the radio station went on and on about her son. 4/10

>A compilation of clips from 17 classic slasher films
what the fuck

they basically grab money shots from different movies and call it a film. They did the same thing with martial arts movies and shoot em ups like the killer, it was pretty good.

Just finished reaching hellraiser. I really wish they'd remake it with a reasonable budget and competent director.

If taken seriously, it would btfo all these shitty remakes of everything else horror related...

I remember seeing this in a video store as a kid. I also thought it a was a movie featuring all of the characters lmao

Anyways I just got done watching Leatherface...it was kind of meh. Definitely better than 3D and the Next Generation but overall it was pretty forgettable. That being said, it was kind of cool to see the Hitchhiker and the Cook again and the acting/directing work was overall pretty decent. Another one of my main gripes with it though, was that it didnt feel at all like a Texas Chainsaw movie. Any one else like to share their thoughts on the film?

wait, did the clips actually tie together to form an actual film? like was there a narrative? Or was it basically just a clip show?

What have you guys watched so far this month? Bonus points for letterboxd screenshot.

(Gonna finish the month off with Poltergeist tomorrow)

It's just one scene from each movie. Just a random clip from hellraiser followed by some random Nightmare on Elm Street clip, for example. It's good to get a base for good horror movies since you get normie shit like freddy krueger but more obscure stuff like the Ugly and wish master. I used the ultimate fights movie to get into kung fu and asian cinema

>Definitely better than 3D

could only be better if they have something to top this

>Video games getting more horror movie crossovers and adaptations than films
The movie industry needs to step it up.

The (H) stands for rewatching. Couldn't get IT (1990) (6,6/10) and IT (2017) (8,5/10) on the screenshot.

3D is pure dogshit, its not hard to top

>we've gotten new characters that could get better with age like victor crowley and the jeepers creeper monster
>legends like jason and leather face haven't gotten the respect they deserve
feels bad man

Night/Dawn/Day/Return of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Frankenstein, Re-Animator, Poltergeist, The Thing, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, Braindead, & A Nightmare on Elm Street.

I'm sure there are others but this is in about 2 days time. I'm starting to lose track. Can anyone rec me a good zombie movie?

>Re-watched
The Thing, Quarantine, The Descent, The Crazies, Hellraiser 1&2, The Amityville Horror, Bordello of Blood, and a bunch of the After Dark Horrorfest flicks

>Watched for the first time
The Changeling, Last Shift, The Void, Night of the Creeps, We Are Still Here, Prometheus, Alien Covenant, It (2017), Baskin, and Train to Busan (this was the only one I didn't think was great)

Should've swapped Train to Busan with The Wailing

It's on my list for today actually, the length has held me off for a little while

It is long, and I can see how one can think it could drag on, but I was thoroughly engaged throughout the film

Greetings from Sup Forums:

Theatrical or Director's Cut?

How am I doing lads? Might watch Jigsaw again today followed by Halloween.

Is Jigsaw worth watching three times? I'm seeing it with a mate who's dragging me along. Also, haven't heard anything positive about "The Bye Bye Man." How'd you fare?

Bye Bye Man is absolute garbage. I knew it was garbage before I watched it but I like watching as many horror movies as possible, regardless of their quality.

I'm obsessed with the Saw films so I'll watch every one several times regardless of it's quality. For an outsider like you I would say Jigsaw is moderately entertaining, but when you get to the twist revelation at the end it and you find out what's really been going on the movie becomes really fucking dumb. It's dumb fun.

Fucking hate those kids/People.

does anybody know the name of this horror movie? I remember seeing it in a top 100 scary movie moments as a kid on tv.
>movie is about a guy who's wife/gf? Dies, she wears a red hood like red riding hood
>suddenly sees a mysterious person wearing the same red hood tries to follow her never catching her
>end of the movie he catches up the person and the person pulls back the hood to reveal it wasn't her and it was some weird looking retard, he gets stabbed to death
I know it sounds weird as shit for a description but that's all I can remember

Don't Look Now

FUCK. Thanks man, finally I can put that to rest

So you eventually shot this kid in the head, right? With a gun?

Only spooky thing I've seen recently was Mulholland Drive

Plus it was nice to see Leatherface have a supportive family member in his life. Like Jason, it makes you wonder if their killer instincts weren't just a part of a poor environment.

which website is this u are using?

>mfw outta my Halloween essentials I've only gotten through Trick R'Treat and Tales from Halloween
>have work tonight but still need to get through Hocus Pocus, Ernest Scared Stupid, Halloween 1-3, and WNUF Halloween Special

Also because fuck it why now imma list the essential Werewolf movies
>Murrican Werewolf in London
>Dog Soldiers
>Silver Bullet
>Bad Moon
>Big Bad Wolf
>Project MetalBeast
>Howl
>Howling
>Howling 5: Rebirth
>Game of Werewolves
>The Wolfman (both original, its sequels, and the Benecio remake)

Got all the Friday the 13ths lined up for some mad drinking games for tonight.

>Halloween
>the thing
>Friday the 13th 1-6
>phantasm 1&2
>the wailing
>Freddy's dead and new nightmare
>Christine
>the fog
>the strangers
> the hills have eyes (2006)
>my bloody valentine
>hellraiser
>evil dead 1&2
>army of darkness
>jeepers creepers 1&2
> insidious chapter 1&2
>trick r treat
>dead alive
>fright night (1985)
>return of the living dead 1&2
>30 days of night
>28 days and weeks later
>in the mouth of madness
>event horizon
>dawn of the dead
> an American werewolf in London
>psycho
>monster squad
>IT
>scream
>day of the dead
>the shining
So yeah a pretty big list. Does anybody have any less known maybe good 70s horror movies? 80s as well

Also for bonus points Howling 3: The Marsupials because that shit is just a trip to watch

What do you think of horror films from South East Asia?

Are the halloween Madea movies worth watching?

No? Why would you even ask that

figured it was worth asking.

Threadly reminder that Horror movies are poison for the soul

No they're not retard

Practical effects make me extremely nauseous for some reason. I get really distressed seeing films like Street Trash or The Stuff. Whenever it gets super gory I start to think about how fragile our bodies are and that there probably isn't a god. It doesn't spook me, it just sort of makes me feel this deep repulsion.

But all of my favorite horror films have practical effects.

I felt the same way seeing people's skulls being cracked and eaten in return of the living dead

>Watching Seed of chucky in my CP marathon
>Chucky axes a door and sticks head in shinning style
>Has the twisted face jack has
>Looks like hes gonna say it
>gets confused
>"Fuck.... I cant think of a single fucking thing to say... ah well. NO ONE 'LEAVES' ME YOU BITCH"!!!
I lost my shit.
I wish these movies where as big as when they first came out. I went in expecting nothing and had the absolute time of my life with chucky trying to deal with his bigendered kid

The Fog was at least a 7/10 for atmosphere alone.

>Finally find a torrent of the theatrical cut
>8GB, 2 seeders
Looks like I won't be watching it this halloween.

John carpenters music adds a great layer of atmosphere other movies haven't really been able to replicate

Watched in the past few days

The Hunger
Bedeviled
Suspiria
Eye Of The Devil
Pumpkinhead
Here Comes The Devil
Nosferatu
Beyond the Darkness
Last Shift
Noroi

The Hunger was a lot better than I was expecting. Suspiria is obviously the best from these, seen it before though.

Zombi 2 or Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. I'm not a zombie fan but those 2 are probably my favorite

Just off the top of my head watch Lisa and the Devil and House By The Cemetery

Thanks I'll check them out

I'm not a huge fan of vampires, but I decided to watch 30 Days of Night and enjoyed it a lot.
I also noticed that there's a sequel and 2 TV series?
Are they any good?

Watched Fright Night last night. Loved it.
Are the sequel or remake any good?

The sequel is okay, not much happens until the end, but it's carried by the main guy and the vampire hunter. If you want to see the actors return and their relationship continue it's worth watching. Their chemistry is more engaging than the story.

Sounds like the Starry Eyes director will work on the Pet Sematary remake.

Explain or you're just a pointless faggot.

exposing yourself to gore and other scary shit makes you fear the outside world, turns you cynical and deadens your emotions. Go outside

I enjoy the Rob Zombie Halloween movies even though it's 'cool' to hate on them.

the chick that plays charlie's gf in part 2 is way hotter and gets her tits out and there's a whole family of vampires one of which is played by one of the ayys from the x-files and is full of bugs like oogie boogie

Actually it's a form of catharsis and I'd argue watching horror helps you deal with the real world.

that's interesting I read an article somewhere where a study showed that listening to deathmetal actually helps people relax. i wonder if there's a connection. the most delusional people i've met can't stand horror movies

not as much cool just logical

or i should say, people who listen to death metal are more relaxed

they're godawful

Watched the Director's cut last night it's the one William Peter Blatty is most proud of

Or you know, everyone just hates them because they actually suck?

>the last day of October

Couldn't do the whole "a horror movie a day" thing, but I had fun.

Watching the Leprechaun movies. Not grand, but consistently entertaining so far.

At least Leatherface looked and felt like an actual movie. Texas 3D was more like a YouTube video.

Sleepy Hallow is a cute horror movie.

Reccomend me some gory over-the-top horror movies

re-animator

Brain Dead (or Dead Alive in the US) is as gory as it can get.

Night of the Creeps

How is Street Trash? I'm considering watching tonight, need something I haven't seen before.

The Thing (1982). YMMV but audiences in general find the gore too unsettling, apparently the most unsettling scenes are when needles are stuck into arms.

Already seen them
Will watch later today
Any others? I also got the Hatchet and the Laid to Rest movies

>whole thread
>nobody mentioned this one
ITS GOOD GODDAMN IT

re-watched The Amityville Horror last night and legit realised for the first time that you can see the child's imaginary friend Jodie as a demonic pig entity in the window

v sp00pd lads

Which exorcist movies are worth a watch, I’ve already seen the first one

Second one is a glorious mess.
Go watch that Amityville horror WITH THE LAMP ANTAGONIST

THE BEARDED TERROR

youtube.com/watch?v=YGbVrXmFadk

I and III

It's going to be fucking shit, isn't it?

The first of those two is watchable but only barely.

Leatherface and Jason are both basically manipulated by shit outside their control (until Jason became a zombie then I don't fucking know what his deal is) to kill. Basically could be using retard strength for good with different families

maybe?
maybe not?

>first Friday the 13th
>Jason

Last day of spooktober.

stream consists of movies set on halloween.
>tales of halloween
>hocus pocus
>satans little helper
>trick 'r treat

and some simpsons treehouse of horror episodes and dracula (1958)

He's a human being until 4 when he gets killed by future junkie Feldman. Then retard goes and resurrects him by mistake in 6

He's only in it from 2 onwards is what he was trying to say

It might be alright if it wasn't for the kid Mike scenes (most of the movie) and the hillbilly male nurse rape scene.

there really isn't enough werewolfkino out there

i don't see how it couldn't be, although it potentially might have a decent soundtrack

That wasn't the problem.
The problem was that it spends much time on the Kid Mike scenes without really developing them substantially.

Feels like a character piece with the actual core cut out.

The eternal debate

Am I the only one who would rather see another with Danielle Harris instead of JLC?

Anyone got any news on that movie that was supposed to be about some giant prison-type building that housed all the worlds horror movie villains like Michael Myers and leatherface? I remember hearing about it around the beginning of this year I think. Did it already come out and I missed it? I was hoping it'd be out by this Halloween. Oh well, any info is appreciated.