Unused Plot/Lore - the new fad in cartoon discussion

So lately, as in the last 4-5 years, I've been noticing a lot more stuff float around about cartoons having deeper background plot elements being cut from the show.
Some examples would be FiM, Xiaolin Showdown, and now Danny Phantom as examples of this. I feel like this is the result of the success of more lore-oriented shows like Steven Universe and Adventure Time, and that people feel the need to retroactively make their show better by saying "It was good all along, it just had a bunch of stuff that never actually made it into the show!"

Do you think that's the case, and is going to continue to happen more and more in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FZR71ex8pr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is this about FIM?

a lot of shit happen 1000 years ago

Supposedly rather than have the season 1 finale be the Gala, the Nightmare Moon plot was going to be strung out over the entire season.

>Xiaolin Showdown has deeper lore

Like what? Over the show's 4 season they pretty well covered everything. The creation of the she-gong-wu, the war between good and evil, the backstories of multiple characters, and tons of other shit. What more was there?

Some unsourced quotes from the creator a few years ago. Hannibal Bean was forced into the show by executive meddling for comic relief, Jack was going to be the Dragon of Metal, the show was more about how Light and Darkness aren't necessarily Good and Evil, stuff like that.

ok I'm aware of the Xaolin Showdown unused stuff but what is this about Dany Phantom's unused plot?
got a link or a summary somewhere?

Ok tell me about Xiaolin Showdown. What did they do now?

>Hannibal Bean was forced into the show by executive meddling for comic relief,
Ok that I believe
>for comic relief
Oh that's rich, so he was never meant to be taken seriously that's why he never wore his badass black buff armor and never fought in it.
So Hannibal Bean is what Discord is to Fim and what Q is to Star Trek. There for fan pandering and poor taste.

There was a thread a few days ago where Hartman had apparently talked a lot about the Ghost World. I'm not familiar with Danny Phantom so I can't be more specific.

I think it was basically ghosts=aliens, but don't quote me on that.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfhnDmP2lg

[DEEPEST LORE]

youtube.com/watch?v=FZR71ex8pr4

>dragon of metal
what?

chinese mythology has metal as an element along with the more obvious ones

jack was gonna go good, become one of the gang, and do stuff like make jackbots froms scraps with his powers

>I feel like this is the result of the success of more lore-oriented shows like Steven Universe and Adventure Time, and that people feel the need to retroactively make their show better by saying "It was good all along, it just had a bunch of stuff that never actually made it into the show!"

OP, I have something to tell you.

I work on the animation industry, I talk to writters and storyboarders. If you don't believe it, its ok, because what I'm going to tell you is not new for anyome that actualy research about cartoons and its creators.

Almost all shows that you see around had their share of "lore", that was never explored or show. Why? Because some times it is just fun stuff that the writters do for themselves, sometimes it is because the network wouldn't let them use it, and other times might be due to not have a proper episode to introduce it or to not have enough seasons to aknowledge.

Just THINK about it. People who writte cartoons are still writters, and obviously love world building and creating backstories for characters, even if they can't show it properly due to the limitations on Kid's cartoons.

I mean, just look at fucking Craig Mackraken, on EVERY interview he never stops talking about how he loves Gravotty Falls and Steven Universe for making lore based shows more acceptable, because it is everything that he ever wanted to work with - and was partialy denied on WOY - to the point that he promised that his next show WILL be lore heavy.

To the point: Most cartoons, even more things like Xiaolin Showdown and Danny Phanton are full of lore. Hell, Butch Hartman is a huge Kirbyfag.

Not really.

>Ghost Zone has multiple "islands" where ghosts live and control the envirement, like Skulker's Island, Point Decter's School, that prison from the Ward Ghost.

>There are multiple types of ectoplasm, and they don't react well together

>Every ghost wish that they could reach a "superior plane" of existance

>There are legends about a book that is a map of the Ghost Zone, and also has information on how to get on said mystical plane that is implied to be some kind of heaven

>Plasmius wanted to get the book, it is also said on other places that Hartman planed to Vlad to take over the Ghost Zone using the King Ghost's crow and magic ring, as part of his deal with the Fhright Knight.

The fucking Story of the Blanks? Haven't seen that in years...

never forget

This is a great example.

No way that CN would let them actualy say her origin on the show, so it ended up just being a fun trivia.

I'd believe you worked in the industry, if only you could spell the words write and writers. As you cannot I have to assume you're underage.

I'm not american.

..Uh.. what IS her origin supposed to be?

On the show 2 nerds discover her while exploring an abandoned island. Her origin is a "mistery".

What actualy happened is that a litle girl was on a plane that crashed on the ocean, and was the only survivor. She was lonely and created an imaginary friend out of the things that she had close to her:

>debris of a plane - body
>coconut tree - head
>a deflated boat - beak
>her own sun burned legs - legs

The fact that Coco can lay eggs with ANYTHING inside might be related to it too - the girl couldn't have anything on any other way.

There are questions without answer tho, like how old the girl was, where she went, because she is nowhere to be seem when Coco is rescued of the island, or if she is even alive at the time.

Bump

>chinese mythology
But they do not have air as element so what will happen to Raimundo?

Maybe the eggs are the plane leaking supplies?

Nothing, they added wood on the horrible reboot.

I think that it was just her way to get resources and things to play.

ping and the 3d showdowns was all that i needed to know to not bother with this show.

out of all of xiaolin chronicles, is there anything other than rule 34 chase to make this shitsthow worth watching?

No worry user, a lot of lore and the cool ideas Fauts had in the beggining will be explored!

In the shitty poorly drawed non canon comics

>tfw it will never follow up that one ep where he tried to join the crew only for them to be dicks to him
>tfw we will never get badass kungfu Jack
>tfw we will never see him pull some Eustass Kid esque shit

I blame JK Rowling, she's the worst about that shit.

Ahh yes this brings back some old stories