DUDE GIANT STATUES OF NAKED WOMEN WITH TITS LMAO

>DUDE GIANT STATUES OF NAKED WOMEN WITH TITS LMAO

I find it an honor to have experienced such art, such kino on the big screen

Other urls found in this thread:

google.hr/search?q=ryan gosling blade runner&rlz=1C1ASRW_enHR700HR700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiAo8Hk0prXAhUTS5oKHaTRBPIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=cVc3rktXoe-tQM
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The idea is that these statues which once represented health and fertility are now rotting and look like they're crying out in agony.

The idea is that these statues which once represented honest filmmaking are now rotting and look like they're denis villenueve

dude pretty scenery and nifty shots xD

Public art has never looked so good. Beats the shit out of any city I know.

You're completely incapable of anything more than surface level analysis

and viellueneuve is completely incapable of anything more than surface level filmmaking

I'm going to imagine that Sup Forums liked this movie, but I honestly thought it was pretty bad.

Stuff like the OP image just does nothing for me. All of the architecture didn't look like places anyone would actually build. Like, Jarred Leto is sitting on his own in a yellow room with the lights off. There's nothing else in the room. What the fuck is the point of the room? That kind of stuff is so fucking stupid.

The whole theme is that replicants should be treated with human rights, but all the actors in the movie act robotic and devoid of any humanity. The only good scenes are the ones with Ryan Gosling and his hologram GF because they're the only time in the movie that absolutely ANYONE other than Harrison Ford acts like an actual person. Normally everyone just slowly whispers out heavy handed metaphors with an emotionless expression.

>I'll just repeat what someone else said, but make it about the director instead lol
This is grade school tier

Should the statues have been replaced by McDonalds in order for plebs to understand?

THEY MORE REPRESENTED DECADENCE AND SIN

THE TWIN DICKSUCKERS OF VEGAS, THE HOOKERS OF BABYLON, TURNED INTO PILLARS OF SALT

>Like, Jarred Leto is sitting on his own in a yellow room with the lights off. There's nothing else in the room. What the fuck is the point of the room? That kind of stuff is so fucking stupid.
To impress would-be investors and customers. CEOs do dumb shit all the time IRL, it's not hard to imagine it in a cyberpunk dystopia.

Thor Ragnarok is out the weekend.

Is it ever actually explained what the fuck replicants actually are? I swear the original bladerunner called them something like "bio-synthetic androids", or something similar that implied that at least part of them was mechanical (I always assumes the joints, eyes and brain). But if they can give birth they must be 100% biological, right? So are they just genetically enhanced clones? If that's the case then why do they need people who specifically build their eyes? How do they implant them with false memories? Why is it eve a question whether they deserve the same rights as humans if they're not even partially mechanical?

Honestly, I felt like the movie was lazily written. They just went out of their way to not explain things to avoid any potential criticism.

>If we don't explain how the replicants can procreate nobody will criticize us.
>if we don't explicitly state whether Harrison ford is a replicant nobody can criticize us for our fan-fiction tier suggested plot point about the entire original film being a plan by the Tyrell corporation to create pregnant replicants (this is so fucking stupid).
>If we don't explain why a male copy of Harrison Ford's daughter was necessary to hide her then nobody will realize that it's a forced and nonsensical twist
>If we just have everyone refer to Deckard's "child" rather than his "daughter" we can push our forced twist.

I honestly think that only dumb people could get anything out of this film. At least shit like Fast and the Furious and Transformers knows that it's just dumb trash.

>Stuff like the OP image just does nothing for me. All of the architecture didn't look like places anyone would actually build.

kek... welcome to Las Vegas, friendo

>hurr if you don't like this incredibly dumb movie you must like this other incredibly dumb looking movie instead.
Not even a huge fan of the original film, but 2049 was a step down in every single regard. The only thing even vaguely interesting in the film was all the future technology that they came up with.

This is the view from my house

talking more about shit like this.

IN THE YEAR THREE THOUSAND AND THIRTY EVERYBODY WANNA TELL YOU THE MEANING OF MUSIC

>being this much of a brainlet

In Ancient India it was common.

Again Las Vegas, take the Hoover Dam tour. Or a water filtration plant. Niander is a dude who wants things onsite I'm guessing.

>No one would ever build a minimalist room with weirdly angled walls
>and this for sure wouldnt be a thing in some dystopian scifi setting

How come in the future nobody has real human bean conversations, and every.... just... talks.... like... this...?
>THE.... WORLD.... IS BUILT.... ON A WALLLL

If a movie could sniff its own farts, this movie would have done it for the entirety of the 3 hour run time.

How come you fags all hated Only God Forgives so much but LOVED this when they're both just a bunch of pretty visuals with incredibly pretentious dialog (using pretentious according to its actual definition).

I actually liked Prisoners, Enemy and Sicario, but mean, Villeneuve really can't do sci-fi. This film and Arrival were both utter shit.

>Like, Jarred Leto is sitting on his own in a yellow room with the lights off.
It's his meditation room or something like that. Also with implants like his I imagine he can do anything inside his head.

He's also blind/damaged eyes

Strong light sources might hurt his eyes

Nigger he had robot eyes.

Bullshit

you don't really know that
they didn't look like robot eyes they looked damaged.
he had implant slot in his heads that helped him see trough his drones

Can someone explain to me what is supposedly so "deep" and thought provoking about this film to me? Did I miss something?

I get all the blatant reglious metaphors and symbolism. I get the incredibly overdone theme about how our current trajectory is destroying our environment. I get the supposed underlying philosophical question about what it truely means to be human (does anyone honestly think this is even vaguely deep or well explored in the blade runner series). I don't see how any of this is particularly thought provoking or deeper than surface level.

It's fine if everyone just likes these films as pretty sci fi films, but everyone seems to believe that they're some kind of artistic achievement. Can anyone actually explain some of the "deeper" elements of the film without just resorting to saying something along to lines of "2deep4u go watch die hard 5"?

>NAKED WOMEN WITH TITS LMAO

Are tits on naked women somehow abnormal?

What are you getting at?

there's no arguing with viellueneueve fanboys, they're just insufferable plebs and pseudos.

>Wallace says he can't manufacture enough andorids, but later says he has millions of them (a small army)
>Wallace meets Deckard and just keeps talking ''You don't know yet, you don't know what a pain is, I will show you, blah blah blah''... 15 minutes later the movie is over

But hey, people will say it's better than first BR, only because they read it on internet.

But seriously, why is Leto/Wallace in the movie? What exactly is his role? And why are all androids acting like whiny little faggots?

>blatant reglious metaphors

Lol, wow. Read a little less into Pinocchio next time.

>that scene where the replicant monologues about the replicant rebellion and then a bunch of other rebellions all walk out unnaturally in tandem, basically just to show the audience.
Why did anyone like this trash again?

Because K said fuck that and didnt help them

>about our current trajectory leading to environmental collapse
No its mlre about what we thought our trajectory was back in the 80's if you notice one of the holograms in the film says product of CCCP meaning Soviet Russia still exists in the BR universe, its still a vision of the future from the 80's

>what it truly means to be human
This theme has always been laid on thick in the first film and in this one

But i think the film also tried to make a point that the replicants and AI were human themselves because they had their own agency and weren't given enough credit for that, i dont know where you think this "BR2049 is sooo deep" meme comes from most people here just like it because its a beautiful film and the story is solid, yes people complain about the resistence but that plot line is subverted and so is any typical plot path where K storms Wallace HQ and gouges Jared Letos eyes out, the movie was a nice breath of fresh air desu

Wallace is there to explain why the kid is important, he literally says the dead space between the stars is the main barrier to getting to all the countless other worlds but if he could create obedient replicanfts that could just reproduce on there way to the systems then it would be possible

no

It's the death of female objectification and the birth of their "new" relevance in the world. The beehive is a dead giveaway, the statues are the perfect symbolism for "objectification", you also see similar allusions to this message in the womb stabbing scene. Notice how the entire plot of the film revolves around females giving birth *wink wink* *hint hint* Villeneuve is a hack btw.

ok fucktard, tell us your favorite movie and explain to us what's so deep aboout it

>le what makes us human

>>Wallace says he can't manufacture enough andorids, but later says he has millions of them (a small army)

These plotholes retards are "disovering" keep getting dumber and dumber

>will say it's better than first BR,
It is better. BR is just pretty imagery. That's why pseudofedoras you like it. 2049 is a bit more than that

the main purpose of the film is to create hamfisted messages about slavery and capitalism, your observation is all the holes they created in order to morph the original idea of Blade Runner into those messages and it's indeed an awkward fit

BR2049 was your first SF movie, user?

So, basically... he's useless?

Android means they are synthetic, but entirely bio-synthetic.

To be fair, that's exactly what the original blade runner was too. It's just worse in this one because they took every element of the original and exaggerated it.

I didn't think a lot about the statues, I think there were there kinda in the same context as the statue in the Ozymandias poem

So, why is even posed as some kind of moral quandary as to whether they deserve to be treated the same as humans?

>The whole theme is that replicants should be treated with human rights, but all the actors in the movie act robotic and devoid of any humanity
imagine being this fucking retarded

Because they are created to be the automation of society. Earth in the Blade Universe, is a place where resources are harvested. Its a garbage planet, with slaves and low-level citizens.
The poor biological humans that are left, naturally takes their anger out on the synthetics.

Nice argument

>movie comes out
>universally loved first two weeks
>contrarian fedoras will not stand for it
>come up with the dumbest fucking reasons to hate, from --plotholes-- to nonsensical pseudo intellectual ramblings that show fundamental ignorance of filmmaking, and well life
>noo I will not allow this movie to be enjoyed I watched a Malick flick once that means I understand filmmaking

It has been fun watching Sup Forums going from loving this movie to hating it because people on Sup Forums love it

> What is the national gallery

DUDE LET'S MAKE THAT SCENE SO LONG AND DRAWN OUT FOR NO REASON AT ALL AND THEN HAVE HAN ZIMMER BLASTING HIS MUSIC THE ENTIRE TIME LMAO

>Blade runner threads are filled with samefags shitting up actual rare movie discussion saying how pleb and entry level it is
>rest of Sup Forums is filled with television generals, stranger things, star wars and thor

It's like some kind of bad parody. I have no idea what is going on trough these people's heads

Oy vey, shut 'em down!

I literally saw the film yesterday. I didn't like it very much. Sorry that not everyone on earth can conform with your exact opinion on every movie. Maybe you could just go and watch the Chris stuckman review on loop to calm yourself down.

It's original blade runner fanboys who probably haven't even seen the movie that spam pastas and shit up thread
Look up how pathetic Razorfist is, then imagine what his fanbase might look like

beavis and butthead did it first

I think my main gripe is simply that the main plot arc is incomplete and by proxy so are some of the messages

My main gripe is with the lack of emotion expressed by any of the actors except Harrison ford. I never imagined that Ford of all people would give the most competent performance in the whole film.

So many emotions
google.hr/search?q=ryan gosling blade runner&rlz=1C1ASRW_enHR700HR700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiAo8Hk0prXAhUTS5oKHaTRBPIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=cVc3rktXoe-tQM

Might as well replace Steven Seagal on that Emotion Chart

You know what this reminded me of? The 2 giant tit Sphinx Statues on Neverending Story.

>brainlet expects too much from a movie
if the movie was deeper your brain would have died user, villeneuve was thinking about plebs like you when he made the movie.

Op exposed as brainlet

damn it wasn't CGI they actually built a set
impressive

Looks like K is walking through a cheeto dust storm

See you at Thor 3 premier pal

Yikes.

t. literal grade schooler. Shareblue getting their wife's sons in to shill now.

PUT IN THE SMITHSONIAN FOR HOLY HYMNS, BUT YOU KNOW WHO'S CONTROLLING (((THEM)))

>I watched a Malick flick once that means I understand filmmaking

top kek honestly

As expected, amerifats have no maturity to see naked breasts.

I agree with you. The original made me sympathise with the robots more than a lot of the human characters, they didn't capture that for me this time. Felt more like shallow big budget capeshit

>It's another Americans feel threatened by nudity thread.

>its another yuropoor speaks Arabic thread
KEKED

Finding it, though, that's not the hard part. It's letting go.

>that guy with zuckerberg images that shows up in every blade runner thread

They look like they're sucking dick.