Should Marvel do their own All-Star line of comics?

Meaning a miniseries by an all-star creative team that gets down to the nitty-gritty of their respective characters/teams ala All-Star Superman or Justice?

I think it could really help in this era of incessant replacements, giving the older fans one more taste of their classic favorites without having to get rid of the replacements.

And no, it doesn't have to be called "All-Star"

SOME

I would love to see a book with that team and the Alex Ross designs but I would want him to do all of the art not just interiors.

*not just covers

>wanting Ross on interiors
Why? He's shit at action abd sequential storytelling

All star spiderman written by J. M. DeMatteis and art by Frank Quitely

Yes

Dc having minis like that is why they sell better in trades
They have like 15-20 reliable sellers that are considered classics and almost all of them aren't a vol 1 or a run

they should get john paul leon, he´s fantastic at drawing ross´s designs

I don't think so because for some reason, out-of-continuity stories at Marvel rarely seem to have much impact.

DC has always done well with "imaginary stories," Elseworlds, cartoon adaptations (Batman Adventures) and so on. Arguably a lot of their best stories are the ones that don't have to be in the main comics continuity.

Marvel? There's the early Ultimate stuff and not much else except a bunch of What If? stories.

I think because Marvel has more of the illusion of a connected universe than DC's I want to feel like the story "counts" while I don't care if DC's do. It's the difference between Marvels and Kingdom Come.

>All-Star
All that the all star line is remembered for at this point is Batman.

Really, that's the book that people remember and talk about the most.

Oh, and Old Man Logan, I guess, is similar to DC stories like Dark Knight Returns. Maybe Millar's just good at that kind of what-if storytelling.

Marvel 1602
Earth X
5 Ronin
Silver Surfer: Requiem
Secret Wars: Infinity Gauntlet
Age of Apocalypse
Marvel Noir
MC2

Some people liked Marvel Zombies before it went (even more) full retard

So yeah, it can definitely work

People only bring up ASBAR to make fun of it, but All-Star Superman is easily the most popular Supes story of all time

bump

what's that from

There are examples of well done continuity at DC too. That doesn't mean they specialize on that.

People don't buy Marvel for what ifs, they want continuity.

Coulda fooled me, with how popular Bendis is.

Let's finally see that Ditko-like Spider-Man project G-Mozz wanted to do.

Morrison wanted to write Spidey?

They had Marvel Knights

which was awesome
and Millar says he has a Spider-Man story he's always been dying to write
Milligan has said the same thing
Spidey is also Nate Powell's favorite character,Yang's favorite, even fucking Gillen loves him but never got a chance to write him also a bunch of great indie writers
everyone loves Spider-Man and they should just regularly put out graphic novels showcasing different talent because it will sell no matter what
Spidey got no promotion whatsoever and then the tpb ended up being super popular at my lcs
the latest issue of Mosaic sold, literately only because of Spider-fags
Spider-Gwen has horrible writing and art but will most likely go on forever
its foolish to me that Marvel doesn't give us a million Spider-Man stories besides that bullshit Spiderverse written by Costa

also Renew Your Vows sucks it's written by an oldfag
Loves Mary Jane, Marvel Adventures, 1602 and every other incarnation of Peter is better, besides maybe Slott/Bendis if your trying to be a contrarian

>All-Star X-Men
Sooner the hell will freeze over, before marvel will treat X-Men as their stars