Detective Comics #950 Preview

“League of Shadows” prologue! Celebrate 950 issues of the original Batman series with this extra-sized extravaganza! Cassandra Cain has stayed out of the spotlight on Batman’s team as she slowly comes to terms with the civilized world she was kept away from all her life…but the time for her to step up is fast approaching! Will she ever learn how to fit in among the masses, or will she always be more weapon than woman? Plus: a primer on the history of the League of Assassins, and an adventure with the team’s newest recruit: Azrael, the Avenging Angel!

I like the new Jea-Paul. He seems legit.

Smooth, nuCass, reaaaaaal smooth.

comedy gold

I was just thinking about how much horseshit it is that they went back to the original numbering after killing the entire history to sell new number ones.

Looks like the Batman Registration act got signed.

Great cover.

Doesn't look like crap so far, but BRE taught me a harsh lesson about expecting anything but from Tynion.

Also it vexes me that half a year into the "rebirth" we're still following the fake versions of characters, with no real ties to the originals.

But love is back in the universe!

I'd like the characters I loved to be back instead.

> that Cass in the third panel.

These Takara issues are gonna be reaction image gold mines.

> take the bed.

Oh God they share the same bed!!

His wrist blades are just floating fire? thats pretty cool

character-faggots like you make me sick. Either way, this is real as it's gonna be. It's already confirmed this is your "REAL" earth only altered.

Is this the bat equivalent of spaghetti falling out of your pockets?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

15 page preview? Holy fuck.

>she dreams of handing that key to another young girl, someone with that same fire in her eyes

Oh good, now we know how Tynion is gonna retire Cass. She's gonna become a dancer.

aww, Cass has a crush

>Months ago
Batman met the Gothams and started the containment squad while Barbara traveled Asia and Dick met Raptor. Then Tim died and the Monsters attacked Gotham. Then Dick went to Bludhaven and Barbara teamed up with the Birds and Bruce went to Santa Prisca.

If we're going by the arcs in Batman, Rebirth only kicked off a month ago, tops.

There was a couple of months between the first two arcs of tec if I'm not mistaken.

That's dumb. Are they saying this is all set in the future vs the other Batbooks?

yeah I just realized that. It's gonna be 48 Pages too, so I'm guessing if we're lucky. 40 Pages of that is gonna be actual content. with 8 being just ads.

>Reminder that if this was Marvel it's gonna be at $5-10
Even $5 is stretching it since they only go 40 pages max for that.

Does the 48 pages include the primer and the Azrael story? Or is it like 8 pages of ads, 4 pages of backend story, and 4 pages of primer for 32 pages of the comic?

32 pages of Takara. The rest is Azrael\Batwing and Tim\Bruce.

So JPV has Lane's magic stuff and his tech stuff now?