ITT: Overrated Directors

t. Cretin

Compared to whom?

Low b8 thread. Didn't even bother with a comment. What happened to all the old posters?

Kys

t: Marvel vs DC is the most in-depth discussion on movies I can follow

I agree except for John Carpenter and Martin Scorsese

Well, and James Cameron - the fucker did make Terminator 2

Quentin Tarintino is objectively the most overated Director in this thread. Check my digits for proof.

I feel likes he's overrated but I worry that it's just because I'm a pleb.

this, check my digits for proofs

this,check my digits and eat your face.

List of good movies: Blade Runner, Alien

this minus Scorsese

David Lynch

The Duellists, Black Rain

>the duelists
>gladiator
>matchstick men
>the counselor
>kingdom of heaven

Blade Runner isn't even good

Figures that this thread is only filled with American directors since that's all you people are ever exposed to. Your attempts at pretending to be patrician are adorable.

Why don't you go off and pretend you have taste because you like Tarkovsky or Bergman so those of us who actually like cinema can have a good fucking laugh at your adorable attempts.

Check mine for proof that he isn't and is actually the best director in the world.

I'll never get the love for Brian De Palma. He has good shot composition and camera movement, but the acting in his movies is so frequently cartoonishly garbage.

yeah Scorsese is overrated as fuck xD

Fucking Love Sup Forums :D:D:D YOUR WOKE AS FUCK BROS :D

Nolan

>provides constant footkino
>made lots of girls appreciate the most patrician vanilla fetish
>is absolutely one of the best action directors of our generation
>is a living meme
yeah your opinion is trash

The god of dubs is with me and Quentin, his fans are shit like all fans though

Stanley Kubrick
Paolo Sorrentino
Harmony Korine
Gaspar Noe
Paul Thomas Anderson
Ridley Scott
21st Century Scorsese
Nicolas Winding Refn
Alejandro Jodorowsky
Shane Black
Jon Favreau
Michael Mann
Quasar Tarantella
James Cameron
Alejandro Inarritu
Guillermo Del Toro
Alfonso Cuaron
David Fincher
Christopher Nolan

Either your're a woman or a nu-male

Michael Mann is a hack.

If most people don't know who the fuck these people are, then how can they be overrated?

Overrated by film circles, "movie buffs", Sup Forums and other people
If I was to just list what the masses overrate I'd just say every single marvel """"""director"""""""
Although the masses generally don't know who's directing the movie anyways

(you)

literally how?

>Jodorosky
who is overrating him? I haven't seen a Jodorosky thread in years.

>considered by many to be one of the greatest and most influential filmmakers of all time
>isn't one of the greatest and most influential filmmakers of all time

>unpopular opinion #1
>unpopular opinion #2
at least you can admit you're a faggot

>my opinion is fact

"Art-house" fags and """"surrealist"""fags
He relies far too much on blunt symbols that mean exactly one thing. His movies are a series of hamfisted metaphors that culminate into almost nothing. Holy Mountain is the worst offender, merely touching on a number of broad subjects and depicting them in simplistic metaphor without really saying anything about them. Then he gets called one of the greatest directors of all time by autists.

Santa Sangre is his better movie exactly because it dips away from his "LOOK AT ALL DIS SYMBOLISMS" shtick and revels in over-the-top and effective genre schlock

And what do you know about who is influential and who isn't? Just look up "directors influenced by Kubrick." You will find many.

Altman, Ford, Bertolucci and Welles did more for changing the aesthetic and narratives of movies with one movie each than Kubrick did with his entire filmography. There's a reason a lot of the directors he looked up to just saw him as some autist and ignored him.

>I can't enjoy anything

I'm sorry you can't enjoy anything user

>t. weeb virgin

>weeb
Wrong nation babe

>it's foreign so it's good
Brainlet

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Add David Lynch and this would be a good list

Because not watching many old films means you are new to cinema because you are clearly just inside the gates, meanwhile others are much further in, they feel superior to you, and rightly so.

You wanna change that? Watch more films, instead of whining about how you totally have taste and totally aren't a plebeian.

Why would I go to the capeshit board
No

John's the biggest meme there, he makes mediocre genre movies that look great compared to all the bad ones around him, so of course nerd movie fans do nothing but talk about how he's an alltime great.