GRRM: "Jon Snow is not the hero of this story"

It's in Spanish, but anyway.
>Tyrion is a "straight up" Lannister
>Jon/Sansa will never happen
>Arya, Brienne, Grenn, Pyp and Sam are all bisexual (not kidding)
>the show will end like the books, even though the characters that were killed and are still alive in the books will play key roles there
>Azor Ahai is a male character, but in the end it's just a legend
>whoever ends up on the throne at the end, it will be someone unexpected and it's someone who is passing unnoticed

Do you think he ate the whole thing?

>>whoever ends up on the throne at the end, it will be someone unexpected and it's someone who is passing unnoticed
bullshit, it will be jon snow, it's even teased in the second book. anyone other than jon/dany/tyrion would kill his fanbase unless ist's a strike of genius.

>says The Winds of Winter might come out in September 2018
Sure GURM.
I forgot that he says that Theon is bisexual too.

>still caring about le game of reddit XD

Why do you ask questions you already know the answer too?

>I forgot that he says that Theon is bisexual too.
yeah, well, it's not like he has any other options other than boipussy now.

>someone who is passing unnoticed
it's ya boy the master of whispers big spider on the throne

What sexuality does the dragons have?
Are the Direwolfs BI?

Didn't he also hint at Sansa being the queen?
At least I recall her having a dream/vision somewhere in book 1 of herself as queen consort of the an undefined king.

>will be someone unexpected and it's someone who is passing unnoticed
Gendry confirmed for King!
Bow ye shits to a true Baratheon.

d-do you think the dragons f-fuck each other?
asking for a friend haha

>There are many characters and point of views to unravel; everything does not revolve around these two characters (Jon and Dany)
>Regarding Daenerys, I don’t think that deserving, in this saga, is synonymous with obtaining. In real life, you don’t get everything you want simply for being a good person. I intend that my story be as realistic as possible and it may be that some will see their struggle rewarded, but not all.
>Azor Ahai's prophecy doesn't pertain to anyone in particular and TPTWP and Azor Ahair Reborn are not one and the same
>"The presence of Gendry does not imply greater importance in my books, only the viability that a house as important as that will not be completely extinguished."

Who cares about what the old man says.
The show will be the canon ending and it's irrelevant what he comes up in for the books he'll never finish lmao.

>The show will be the canon ending
He did say that.
>the show will end like the books, even though the characters that were killed and are still alive in the books will play key roles there

LOL
He's become a complete joke by now. He should just fade away and enjoy his hbo money.

>Brienne is bisexual
She wants to fuck Lady Stoneheart confirmed.

>The only women who are warriors are also gay
What did he mean by this?

But what about their tax policy?

Sand Sneks aren't all gay in the books although Dorne is basically Commiefornia levels of degeneracy

can't remember that one, but she was always daydreaming of being on court surrounded by noble sers.

the thing with jon was when dany was in the warlocks tower and saw the birth of jon and he was called the "song of ice and fire".

It's going to be Jaime. Which means the retarded A+J=J+C theory has to be true.

He's been hinting at since since the first book with Ned finding Jaime on the Iron Throne after killing Aerys. It's also why D&D had the scene in S1 where Jaime and Ned talk in the throne room and Jaime is sitting next to the throne.

It all fits.

I never understood rich people that are morbidly obese. You got the money to hire professionals to help you lose weight, in a way that is really not much effort for you at all. Hire some qt personal fitness coach and a personal chef.

This guy has all the tools at his disposal to improve the quality of his life and add years to his life expectancy and yet there he sits, bigger than ever.

Hope Brienne is his queen

>I'm a wot?

i`d be okay with this

>not kings guard
Rude you cis scum!

But jokes aside it could be anybody. Also I remember in the first book Jon thinks Jaime is what a king should look like when the royal household enter the main hall for the feast. Another hint by Gurm.

Frey pies are very tasty

He likes eating a lot.

Why would he care about his fanbase?

Hes gonna die in like 5 years

RIP

>5 years
Optimistic. Also nice digits.

The current GoT """fanbase""" deserves a brutal death.

>jon/sansa will never happen
the fat cunt has changed

It doesn’t matter in the slightest, he’ll never write the final two books and he’ll be dead in the next 3 years

He wanted boatloads of money and the rockstar lifestyle, HBO gave it to him, so he doesn’t give a fuck anymore

>whoever ends up on the throne at the end, it will be someone unexpected and it's someone who is passing unnoticed
EURIOSTAR
IT FITS

been a while since i got digits
i'd like to thank my grandma and my parents for getting me this far

I’m your number 1 fan user!

YOU DESERVE IT
*clap* *clap* *clap*
YOU DESERVE IT
*clap* *clap* *clap*

Probably because it only exists in tv land

It's gonna be Aegon Targaryan

that nigga hasn't even appeared in the show yet

So it really is Gendry?

Edric Storm.

I hope Dany dies

Who?

Maybe it's Podrick.

>implying grrm hasn't considered everybody possible incest combination available

Where is the source to this? I refuse to believe it isn't Jon.

Post yfw the Night King sits the Iron Throne

Gendry is the fastest runner so he will get to the Iron Throne first.

So is he writing the show or something? Is he like giving the writers of the show a synopsis to folow?

How does it work?

>says The Winds of Winter might come out in September 2018
I remember being told the same thing in 2013.

>it will be someone unexpected and it's someone who is passing unnoticed
Robin Arryn

And never will.

Isnt pod dead in the books?

i like how it's still "might" 5 years later like he's not even close enough to make the call

... wearing his bull helmet!

yeah, he was killed off for being tyrions squire.

Bullshit, it's going to be the Mother of Burgers, Queen Fatass.

Where in this does it say specifically that Jon is not the hero of the story? By everything we’ve seen in the 7 seasons it clearly says otherwise

And with only 6 episodes left, I just don’t believe there’s time to disprove this

Sometimes you reach a point where all you have is food and drink to keep you going

DARKSTAR

>it's a 'character eats and travels while thinking about what they're going to do, then has a dream about it' chapter
They say people write what they know...

Edric Storm is Robert's oldest bastard who he actually loves and raises and visits all the time while keeping him in the Stormlands away from crazy ass Cersei. He goes off to live with Uncle Stannis and basically has Gendry's season 3-4 storyline.

He could afford a top-tier psychologist as well.

>The presence of Gendry does not imply greater importance in my books, only the viability that a house as important as that will not be completely extinguished

But Gendry isn't a Baratheon you fat fuck

> I: I thank you for allowing us to speak with you. (I smile at him and we sit down. Albert turns on the recorder for the subsequent transcription that will allow me to publish, in detail, what was said.) “Whenever you want to start, Mya,” Robert encourages me. Hello, Mr. Martin. There are about two years left until the series Game of Thrones, which exists thanks to his work, comes to an end. The literary saga is not yet finished, how do you think this will affect your novels? Will the public interest be lost when the series tells the outcome and we have not yet read all of the books?

>GRMM: No. The series is telling a story that is distinguished from my books. Frames have been cut, some characters are playing roles that belongs to others. There are those who have died in the series that will have a fundamental role in the books that remain. It is impossible not to get excited with everything I have written, and I have yet to write. I will not tire of saying that we are talking about two versions of the same story.

>I: “A story with the same ending,” I say. Will the Iron Throne end in the same condition in both versions? If you had planned not to destroy it and seat a king or queen at the end of the story, would it be the same in the books as in the series?

>GRRM: It would be the same without a doubt, but that does not mean there are not going to be surprises that nobody has seen or will see in the television version. What is the use of knowing the end if the path has not been enjoyed? It does not matter who reigns in Westeros, but how and why that character has achieved it.

King H'ghar

>I: Some bet on Jon Snow, others on Daenerys Targaryen. Too predictable, maybe?

>GRRM: In my novels Jon is dead and Daenerys has not stepped foot on Westeros. I am afraid that you advance events that you have not read yet in the novels, nor do you know how they will happen. There are many characters and points of view to unravel, everything does not revolve around these two characters.

>I: So, Jon is not the hero of this story? Wouldn’t Daenerys deserve a reward after living in exile since childhood?

>GRRM: I do not like labels. All my characters have suffered, each in their own way. I write from their points of view so that we can all understand why they do what they do and how they feel in front of the enemy. For the Lannisters, the Starks are the bad guys. It would not be fair to dismiss them as villains or their rivals as heroes. Is Jon a hero? You can say that, but so are Jaime Lannister, Sam Tarly and Stannis Baratheon. Each of them has been cowardly, but also brave. If you ask me if Jon is the hero of this story, I answer that he is not; all are important as long as they remain alive among my pages, and they will have the same opportunity to prove their worth. Regarding Daenerys, I do not think that deserving, in this saga, is synonymous to obtaining. In real life, just because you are a good person, you do not get everything you want. I try to make my story as realistic as possible and some may see their struggle rewarded, but some not all.

>I: I recently read an interview, in a Russian medium, of which the media barely echoed. In it, he compared Jon Snow to Theon and accused the latter of envying the former, when he had never manifested himself openly about any character. I was surprised that he positioned himself and did not leave freeway to doubt something so subjective, since some people think that it is mutual and even the other way around.

>GRRM: I’m afraid to tell you that this interview is false. Unfortunately, I do not have time to deny all of the false news that comes to light. A year ago I had to deny that I was going to be part of the production of a film of the saga. It took me three days to do it and, by then, half the world was convinced of the hoax and had congratulated me on my new project, which, obviously, I did not have in mind to do. I never said that Theon was envious of Jon Snow or vice versa. I think that both characters have their pluses and minuses and that the two admired each other for a series of requirements that the other did not fulfill, but they were never the best friends; Their social positions distanced them at a very personal level.

Inb4 Maisiemodo is the one who will sit on the throne.

>I: There are those who believe that Jon could end up with Daenerys, as in the series. Even Sansa has been proposed as a second option to be the only noble girl available, do you think is a crazy idea, in both cases? In the beginning I had paired Jon with Arya in my mind, although I understand that the current story is far from this.

>GRRM: We must bear in mind that Jon, in my novels, is dead. The only thing I can assure you is that I never planned to marry Jon to Sansa, despite thinking about Arya when I still did not have a very educated idea of my story. If I discarded the idea, it would be a falsehood if I thought to change it to meet the same pattern. In the event that Jon came back to life at some point, that possibility is very remote. I would never marry him to Sansa. Both have been raised as siblings and neither thinks of the other in a way that goes beyond brotherly love. Arya has a better relationship with Jon than his one with Sansa, and they will not end up together either. To understand the possible relationship with Daenerys, you will have to continue reading.

>I: So, is he still alive? Will we read how the Starks recover Winterfell?

>GRRM: Stannis Baratheon is the one who is fighting, right now, to recover the home of the Starks. Jon is dead; Sansa is oblivious to what is really happening; Arya is a dangerous girl, but without an army or means to regain anything; Rickon is just a baby that must be rescued by a smuggler who is presumed dead, and Bran would have to cross the Wall, risking his own life, to arrive when it would be already too late. Do you still believe that a Stark has a chance to recover Winterfell right now?

>I: I am interested in Arya, who has been developing a psychopathic character throughout the saga. Do you have salvation planned for her? I know that his wife adores her, although it would also seem crazy to me that her crimes were justified when revenge dominates her life.

>GRRM: Arya is a girl who has sought to survive at all costs. She is not Sansa, who has assumed the role that would correspond to any noblewoman of the time. Arya has a difficult character to handle. She could have let himself be killed or given to the Lannisters to be used as one more piece of the game of thrones; but decided to act as they would have done with her to get here. Salvation would be given to everyone if they reflected a few seconds; but few decide to change course once they make a decision. It has been shown that revenge is not the best way to do justice, it always ends up paying.

>I: Is Azor Ahai a real character in the saga or just a legend? Could it be a woman?

>GRRM: Azor Ahai is a male character in a legend, which can be extrapolated to a female character if this character currently existed in Westeros. The title is neutral from the moment you decide to point to any of my characters as such. But Azor Ahai is not anyone in particular, it is part of a fantastic story within the fantasy saga itself. Any character could be attributed to a divinity, such as the Drowned God or The God of Many Faces. None of them is a real character, they are mere legends of the history of Westeros and their meaning is symbolic. In each part of the map you can consider Azor Ahai to anyone with similar traits. The prophecies must be taken with a pinch of salt. I am amused to see the fans discussing the true identity of a character that is a legend. you must be able to read between the lines and distinguish the facts from the speculations. Elsewhere it is spoken of the Prince who was Promised, and this figure has distinctions with the true Azor Ahai of the legend.

Probably too vain to try something like that.

>I: In the series, Jon and Daenerys are a king and a queen, not prince and a princess. How would it fit that they were the Prince who was Promised, if it were really confirmed that one of the two corresponds to this role?

>GRRM: In the series there are more princes and characters of real blood. In my books there is a range of possibilities, since anyone can be a king and stop being a king in a second.

>I: Gendry has become more important lately, his character merging with Edric Storm. Will Gendry, Arya’s friend, be as relevant to the future as the series seems to imply?

>GRRM: In my books there are several bastards of King Robert who are still alive. Mya, who shares your first name - he smiles at me - could also claim her rights. The series only reminds us that the blood of the Baratheons is not lost. The presence of Gendry does not imply greater importance in my books, only the viability that a house as important as the Baratheons will not be completely extinguished.

>I: In the series, Theon does not have a penis or testicles. Is this a clear spoiler that in books he will not be able to reign, have children, or even marry a woman? He does remain the legitimate heir to Pike’s throne.

>GRRM: I have not confirmed this detail in the books, so I invite you to continue reading. Daenerys cannot have children. Neither can Gray Worm, or Bran. None of them has died because of it, they still have a mission to fulfill while they are still alive in my pages.

>I: I suspect that the Captain’s Daughter is pregnant with this character, is it possible that this will save the future?

>GRRM: Keep reading.

he keeps saying jon is dead like we know he won't be resurrected
he doesn't have much respect for his audience's intelligence

It's gonna be a woman and there's going to be a speech about how the old world, the man's world is finished and she'll bring peace across Westeros.

>I: Can Asha change the values of the Iron Islands seeing that Theon, who has lived with the Starks, has learned more of the characteristics of a good ruler? Would Iron Men really end up accepting a woman as their queen easily? Would it be realistic?

>GRRM: The customs cannot be changed from one day to another, it would require years of wars and quarrels. That a woman governs in Westeros is not an isolated event, there we have Cersei Lannister. But the Iron Islands have another policy and move by brute force. The possibilities of Asha are limited, but not impossible. Her brother would have to die first, he could rule while collapsing his own weaknesses. If I told you which of the two is going to survive, I would be spoiling my own book. If you ask me if it would be realistic for a woman to govern in Pike when, up to now, she has not been able to because of her gender, I would have to be honest: it is not realistic. The Winds of Winter will be key for the two siblings, especially for Theon.

>I: Is Euron in the books worse than Ramsay Bolton?

>GRRM: He will be.

>I: Sansa has not had luck in love, she always ends up being a game for men. What chance would she have of ending up with someone if she were still alive? Is there still hope for her? Which character would be the most appropriate?

>GRRM: It is possible that Sansa ends up choosing her consort after many sticks, she may get tired of being chosen by the others. The time in which I live the saga does not leave much room for women to decide, unfortunately. Sansa can go far; although of course, she can also die.

>I: What do you think about the distance Jaime Lannister is taking with his sister Cersei?
Without Brienne would it have been possible?

>GRRM: Jaime is a very complex character. His evolution was strictly necessary, otherwise he would have destroyed himself. I’m not going to deny that Brienne is part of that process; Probably, her presence has influenced much until now and will continue to do so. I: But Brienne set a trap for Jaime so he will not to die at the hands of Lady Stoneheart, will there be trial by combat?

>GRRM: Keep reading.

>I: Robb was skin-changing and died, while Varamyr had time to show us that it was possible to survive death with that gift. What made them different?

>GRRM: Robb was a warg, but he never came to accept his true nature, he only had wolf dreams that he did not understand as a power. Without being aware of it, I could not carry out any plan.

>I: Do you discard the theory that Robb is inside Westerling?

>GRRM: Nothing is disposable, but it is still a mere speculation.

>I: Is Tyrion Lannister a Targaryen?

>GRRM: Tyrion is more Lannister than any of his siblings.

>I: Once you said that, in your book, there were characters who were bisexual. Who did you mean?

>GRRM: Arya, Brienne, Theon, Grenn, Pyp and Sam, for example. I leave subtleties in the work about this. Everything is in the details.

>I: What possibilities would Ned have to survive if he had requested a trial by combat?

>GRRM: They probably would have brought Sansa’s head, as Varys told him to convince him to acknowledge his treason against the Crown. After confessing the accusatory facts as true, there was no place to request a trial by combat.

>I am afraid that you advance events that you have not read yet in the novels, nor do you know how they will happen
Fucking pretentious piece of shit. Reddit incarnate.

>I: Now I want to ask some questions asked by the fans, who have asked me to do them after knowing that I would interview you.

>Q: Will Arya finish all of the people on her list?

>GRRM: On Arya’s list there are several characters that are already dead. It is not up to her to decide who will take the lives of her possible victims, but to the God of Many Faces. If they are found along the way, it is possible that they will fulfill their purpose. With the Hound, she made an exception, however.
>Q: If I could resurrect a character from Game of Thrones, what would it be? And if I could give a happy ending to a couple in the series, what would it be?

>GRRM: If I had wanted to resurrect some character, I would have done it; in fact, some have already come back to life with their respective consequences. So if I could do it, I would be a magician.

>Q: How would the story have changed if Robb had decided not to marry Jeyne Westerling? What if Oberyn had survived?

>GRRM: In my mind, Robb had to die. He was not a character to stay until the end, although I was very fond of him. The shadow of betrayal weighed on him; not having married would not have changed anything, only his death would have been delayed. As for Oberyn, there would have been no greater retaliation without his defeat; It was necessary.

>Q: How satisfied are you with the direction of the seventh season of the series, since the story in this one covers unknown territory in the books?

>GRRM: I’m very happy with the work of the producers. It is a story that will differ from mine in many ways and I have no complaints; they handle one version, I the other.

>Q: Can there be more dragons besides the three Daenerys has?

>GRRM: There can be.

>Q: Where do the whores go?

>GRRM: Anywhere they want. They are whores, not hostages.

Should have been Littlefinger..

>Q: Who would you like to sit on the Iron Throne?

>GRRM: A consistent, fair and noble character (of heart, not of lineage). But this is a Song of Ice and Fire; with those characteristics, it does not last long in the game of thrones.

>Q: Have you made any changes to the plot due to the changes that HBO has made? How do you expect to keep the element of shock in your novels, if the series has already revealed (or will reveal) the most important part of the plot?

>GRRM: No, I have not made any changes because of the series. The series does not influence me when writing my novels. The series has revealed some important elements, but the procedure in which I reveal them will be different in my books and reading it will be magical.

The end.

He's Jon now.

>they still have a mission to fulfill while they are still alive in my pages.
>I do not think that deserving, in this saga, is synonymous to obtaining. In real life, just because you are a good person, you do not get everything you want. I try to make my story as realistic as possible and some may see their struggle rewarded, but some not all.

Fucking hack.

it's one of those mayonnaise and bologna cakes underneath

>Sam
>obviously the fat man's self-insert
>bisexual

What did he mean by this?

He's just virtue signalling. Sam is representative of GRRM's obvious lactation fetish. The man likes the milkies.

What the fuck does bologna eve mean? It's the name of a city.

I buy everyone he said being bisexual (Arya, Brienne, Theon) but Sam is random as fuck.

>Arya, Brienne, Grenn, Pyp and Sam are all bisexual
lul wut? Brienne and Sam never expressed any interest in the same sex. Arya is still young, she could go either way, while Pyp and Grenn are non entities. If any POV is bi, I'd say it's Dany. She fucked like two chicks. Or Jon. He can't even think about Satin without going on about how pretty he is.

>bullshit, it will be jon snow, it's even teased in the second book.
do you know what 'unexpected' means you dumb fuck

Brienne is very attached to Cat.

I read that more as a surrogate mother thing, and gratitude that someone accepts her as she is, and values her skills. Not every affection has to be a romantic one.

Remember that Cat is hot in the books though.

>when you watch the peep show episode where he mugs Mark

Will GRRM have the balls to place his self insert on the throne in the end?