Anyone hoping we’ll get to see the four-hour version of “Blade Runner 2049” will surely be disappointed...

>Anyone hoping we’ll get to see the four-hour version of “Blade Runner 2049” will surely be disappointed. While Ridley Scott’s original is famous for having numerous different cuts, Villeneuve has called the film’s 163-minute theatrical version his directorial cut, and that’s the only version of “2049” we’ll ever see. Walker echoed Villeneuve’s sentiments, saying neither of them enjoy deleted scenes on Blu-rays and that the finished film is the definitive film.

It's not fair bros

He said that there won't be directors cut, but can't there be an extended edition even if he prefers the DC?

Extended editions are for cunts and hacks

It's for fans. It's basically watching a "deleted scenes" section on a bonus dvd, but intermixed with the regular movie. Have you never liked a movie enough to watch deleted scenes? Have you never once watched the extended editions of LotR?

Do you think I'm confused as to what an extended edition is or something you fucking mouthbreather?

Yes, because I don't see why anyone on this board would dislike them.

I honestly trust Dennis on this. It's probably for the best. It's condensed to all the necessary parts and feels like one.

THEY LEFT THIS SCENE OUT OF THE MOVIE

THEY ALSO LEFT THIS SCENE OUT OF THE MOVIE THAT WAS IN THE TRAILER

Ridley's extendeds are based

kingdom of heaven is one of my favorite movies

Fuck the fans, they never know what they want.

I'm pretty curious about that scene actually.
Before the scene with K in the DNA comparison room with JOI, it shows a team of dudes hosing off blood from the walls.

Guessing love had to kill a few people on her way out or something.

>Before the scene with K in the DNA comparison room with JOI, it shows a team of dudes hosing off blood from the walls.

I thought that was just to imply that the police basically beat the shit out of perps at the station and it's so regular that they just come and hose the blood away once a day

Here I double checked just to make sure.
She's wearing the same outfit, and the hallway looks the same.

You can even see the strap for the bag of bones

implying Ill be satisfied with anything less than a 15 hour cut
cells

>the contrast between the innocent face in the top picture and the death stare in the middle one
spooky

>two part as in one in 2017 and one in 20xx?
thank god that didnt happen

This is clearly bullshit to drum up ticket sales. "Don't wait for the extended/director's/final cut release on holosphere guys, watch this shit in the theater multiple times. Hollywood would never lie to you to make more money now and later."

I think you are on something but not quite.
They KNEW the movie risked to be a bomb, but people going can be so obsessed (me included) to go 2-3 times.
So they are making the claim of an extended, saying is not available.
This causes demand, and at the end they will release it. After the theatrical version blue-ray is sold, of course.

Yeah, after they decide they need more money they'll release different versions of the film.

It's fucking Blade Runner. They cannot resist that shit.

They should just release the raw footage for true fans

Or, in the case of “Kingdom of Heaven”, it becomes a far better film.

That's unironically an amazing idea for a film one day
>release the greatest film of all time, or at close to
>release footage for the fans including footage of cut plotlines and insert shots along with the script and a previous draft
>watch as over the next 50 years, fans release a million different cuts
>some cuts would be dogshit, some amazing
>some would just be the original film extended, others would completely reimagine the film, possibly even in different genres (ie imagine if Skyfall was reedited as a romcom (would probably be much better to be fair) or Saving Private Ryan was reedited as a family drama using only the footage set in the US)

It could be incredible
But how many times can you watch the same film but slightly different?

Fine, at least include the original soundtrack

Saw it yesterday. I like it, but It doesn't get praised enough for the action.
Shows you can have exciting action scenes without martial arts or cgi rubber men jumping all over the place.

>that finalle with the sea and the car
>that hologram fight

The drone strike was great too.High budget action scenes that weren't generic stuff we've seen many times

The finale was fucking amazing and intense.

The music during the sea wall fight along with all the themes crashing together at that moment actually made me tear up a bit, it was so fucking evocative and powerful.

I agree. Now that I think of it I don't know of any action that was gratuitous or didn't advance the plot or didn't reveal something about a character.

Well incan see why. A slow, moving heart to heart scene between Deckard and K can't just precede a scene of the same kind outside the memory bank.

>Saw it yesterday. I like it, but It doesn't get praised enough for the action.

While I agree you have to admit that most of the "action" in the classical sense lasts only a few seconds at a time. Most of the action scenes is build-up to a very sudden and very well choreographed erruption of violence.

End fight is the only part of the movie with longer uninterrupted action. Still short compared to other movies.

Why not?

The end action scene is amazing, but i still like the hoboholocaust scene and when K kills those three henchmen a lot too

>But how many times can you watch the same film but slightly different?

Judging by the popularity of MCU: a lot.

fair?

>sean young
>is actually an old hag

she was in the movie dumb dumb

I am fine with it. The pacing was good and the length was just right.

>we don't like deleted scenes so fuck anyone who does like them
faggots

Another arrogant little cunt director think his "vision" is hot shit. 2049 fucking sucks (and the original too) but at least the world building is visually interesting. Little cunts think they know why their shitty movie isn't a complete piece of shit. It's the world you cunts, the less you show they shittier your piece of shit movie is.

I love the way they decided to insert her in the story, when her silhouette appeared I got goosebumps.

>2049 fucking sucks (and the original too)
Fuck you.

>Cuts content
>Definitive version
Fuck off Villeneuve!

THEY NEED TO MAKE A 24 HOUR CUT WHERE GOOSE JUST FLIES HIS CAR AROUND NEON STREETS AT NIGHT TO SYNTH MUSIC

BLADE RUNNER IS ALL ABOUT THE FUTURE AESTHETIC ANYWAY, THE VIEWERS DISCONNECT FROM REALITY AND IMMERSION INTO THE FUTURE WORLD GETS DEEPER THE LONGER THE MOVIE RUNS, WEEK LONG BLADE RUNNER PURE ATMOSPHERE

Really makes your Baseline quiver

This, but unironically.

I would unironically watch this. Aren't you aware that people already make 10-hour synthwave loops with all the graphics and everything?

Agreed, everything about that scene was perfect. I especially liked how everything about it almost perfectly mirrored the climax and ending of Drive.

>implying the studios would allow special treatment on a megabomb nobody watched
y-yeah guys this is totally our decision

short-but-intense action sequences are god-tier. Nothing is worse than an action scene that drags on for too long and just ends up boring the viewer with over-stimulation and making them think "okay, is the punching and kicking over yet?". That's the sort of feeling I felt when watching the fight sequences in the matrix sequels, for example

The film really felt like Part 1 of something. Should've cut more shit out.

You don't announce an extended version before people have a chance to buy the theatrical version. Business 101.

This whole 4 hour thing is just from the interview with the editor saying they started with a 4 hour assembly, and then divided it into two parts just to manage their time. It's pretty stupid how these hack websites are latching onto it and pretending the "original" cut was a 4 hour 2 part epic or something.

There's lots of dead time and necessary cuts to most films. Assembly cuts are preliminary cuts for a reason, and there are plenty of films with massive assembly cuts.

>implying the movie won't make its money back mostly with home video sells
>he doesn't like Oldboy, Hard Boiled and Breaking News

>implying the movie didnt already make its money back
dont believe the hollywood accounting and 'muh marketing' shills. it just didnt turn the big profit a blockbuster is supposed to

That wouldn't change the fact that this movie will make most of its money with home video, friend.

The action sequences were very nicely done. K was quick as hell on the draw

>GIVING A REPLICANT A GUN

AIMBOT FUCKIN LAG BULLSHIT HAX

Rachel is best waifu.

Why?

Movies get edited down for a reason.

>the finished film is the definitive film.
ok then

Completely different scenario. The director doesn't always get the final cut.
Pretty sure Villeneuve had the final cut on this, especially if Scott was producing.

That's not what they're saying at all you dildo. They don't have any plans on making an additional, unnecessary edit because the final product is what they intended. But beyond that, the director doesn't have any kind of say on what bonus features are included on the DVD.

JOI is a not so close second.

WHAT THE FUCK DID THE CUT OUT?! IT'S THREE FUCKING HOURS WHAT DID HE HAVE PLANNED THAT WOULD'VE ADDED ANOTHER SIXTY MINUTES?!

She comes off so much softer than anyone else, Joi is to uppity. Joi is second like the other user said and luv is cute but will murder you.

There was a extra few minutes in the sex scene where Joi has to sync her boob's bounce with the replicant's boobs.

>Walker echoed Villeneuve’s sentiments, saying neither of them enjoy deleted scenes on Blu-rays
>we didn't like
>that means nobody will

FUCKING WHY!!!???

You could probably make a pretty long scene with Luv infiltrating the police station to kill the chief, or fighting her way out of it, to show off how she's a really advanced replicator that can even fight off bladerunners. Would make her seem like an even more formidable opponent, but at the same time you can see why he'd choose to cut it because it's not really needed.

Ridley Scott is the only hack whose director's cuts work.
He's the exception, not the rule.

They don't want to risk a faneditor potentially outdoing them