Releasing the full season in one day

Releasing the full season in one day.

Why?

Stops leaks for one.

Annoys the shit out of me because I run out of a show to watch in a few days

It’s called self control you fucking NEETS. Jesus, limit yourself to 1 episode a week.

>gets spoiled if you don't watch it all right away

chance of spoilers then

I actually hate this Netflix era.

Completely trivialisies TV series.

Tv is trivial, its the pleb medium aimed at women. Thats why there are so many ads

Because you're all gonna die if you don't enter a thread discussing it.

sometimes the spoilers are in the thread title or gifs of it make it to other threads and so on.

people spoil shit at my work all the time

Because the one episode a week format made sense in the fucking 1960s when there were only four shows worth watching and all of them had dozens of millions of viewers and it was a massive convivial event.

Since at least the mid 90s it's been a fucking pointless cargo cult of a convention that serves nobody except for a teeny percentage of shows that it still works for.

If the showmakers know their product is going to come out all at once, they can make different and much more concrete pacing decisions versus a show which knows its audience is going to partly do the weekly thing and partly binge, thereby splitting the pacing equation into two completely different segments.

It's not that you can't pace a show designed to drop once weekly, it's just that it's a completely artificial and vestigial custom and there's no reason to treat it like a god-given default.

Because most of the seaosn is filler, and it makes for boring episodes where nothing much happens. Only works for Binge watching.

is this the new standard moving forwards?

Releasing a show all in one go is really dumb from business perspective.

The buzz dies out literally in a few days. "Yeah that was gud I guess". Meanwhile a show that is released weekly is talked about every week, makes a lasting impression/cultural imprint. People talk about it every week (at least the ones who watch it) both irl and on forums etc.

I haven't seen a House of Cards thread in 2 years. Everyone forgot about "the smash-hit netflix show", it lasted as long as a juicy fruit gum in terms of longevity.

This releaseformat only appeals to the lowest common denominator trash: the binge-watchers. The simpleton plebians.
No it's not "just a preference", and "i watch it however i want" is not a valid excuse.
These are the type of people who want their steak "well done" and orders coke and ketchup to every dish. The people who eat the cookie dough instead of making the cookies,. The people who like facebook posts "that's so me/us LOL". The people who are adamant about "you can't judge me wtf" while being the biggest fucking critics/haters of everyone and everything, always having the most mainstream/safe opinions.

These are the binge-watchers.

Yes since everyone wants to binge watch shows these days.

Especially since normies can't remember half the stuff that happens in last weeks episode of something like Game of Thrones or Rick and Morty or why something is funny or plot relevant without asking me every 5 seconds.

Take the evil Morty reveal at the end of a recent rick and morty episode. It spawned hundreds of youtube videos explaining what it meant.

as long as it makes money

Can you fucking imagine if HBO dropped Game of Thrones seasons all in one day? The buzz would die so fast.

This is a great post

>people have to be divided an argue about this

So viewers don't have a week to think about dropping a show when they realize it's shit and not worth a subscription.

Bingers usually phonebrowse too while watching and ask what happened.

>Be a grown responsible adult with a family and job
>Have in no way time to MARATHON a full series
>Have to avoid every minor-mid new site, """""blog""""", plebbook when a series I plan to watch is released because every god damn episode is released all at once
>feel forced to watch it quickly otherwise everything would be spoiled
>eventually watch series
>have to read old posts instead of participating in an actual discussion because the sheep have diverted their attention elsewhere

God damn.

>The buzz dies out literally in a few days. "Yeah that was gud I guess".
You're a fucking idiot. That's exactly what DIDN'T happen with the first season. People were creaming over that shit for months.

Wtf i hate bingers now

>being this retarded

>Be a grown responsible adult with a family and job

For LE EPIC BINGE WATCHING XD normie crowd.

>full season is released in one day
>show is still plagued with points were you could insert commercial breaks and cliffhangers

For what purpose?

>tfw slav
>tfw tv shows didn't use to air here or they did with years of delay
>tfw when internet finally became fast enough to properly pirate, i had dozens of complete shows to choose from and marathon
>tfw marathoning shows is the original way of watching shows i'm used to
>tfw hated having to wait for 1 episode per week but no wait, you get no episode this week because it's some american sportsball event or retarded holiday
>tfw can finally marathon shows again, like i'm used to

and no, having a job and other hobbies doesn't mean i only have time for 1 episode per week, so you can fuck yourselves lying faggots

having no job is objectively patrician because you can spend more time watching kino

you can't afford to not have a job in slavland, sadly. anyway that was directed towards the two sensible adults over there

yeah im just messing around desu.
i have no job and feel pretty bad about it.
i probably would appreciate and enjoy shows a bit more if my free time felt more special and deserved. im working on it though. but in my opinion it's just good to be able to make up your own mind on how you want to enjoy your shows.

It's the best thing about online services. Not being a slave to live broadcasts or broadcasting schedules. You can make your own schedule.

>tfw no job
>tfw all kino gets boring
>tfw you cant jerk off enough to keep the loneliness at bay
>tfw you're a genuinely skilled, quality employee but you hate the interview process
>tfw you can't even entertain suicide as an option cause your uncle just died and your mom would lose her mind if her only son off'd himself

Is there a movie for this feel?

good post

Mr. Bean

I can barely the feeling the first season gave me after experiencing the second. I remember how much I enjoyed the world and period in time it was set in, how there were little mysteries here and there that were awaiting explanation. How well the plot was driven and how complicated some of the characters were. This season was so boring from start to finish, literally nothing is further explained about the Upside Down, and every character has reset to their situations at the end of season one as if this season never happened (Eleven has to hide out for a year again, Will has a fresh PTSD to worry about, etc.) The Duffers are one trick ponies.

This is a good point. It seems like they make these shows by writing the plot for a 2-3 hour movie and then stretch it across 9 hours of episodes. If 9+ hour "movies" are going to be a big thing moving forward someone needs to figure out a way to do that without a bunch of filler that doesn't matter to the plot. Character development is fine, but with certain shows you just want them to get to the point.

What's that thing in the clouds?

lucky for you, i'm a literal marketer (a good one, not these viral marketing or "creative" types). and getting a job is marketing yourself. if it's the interview process you're having problems with, google "how to get a better job drayton bird". it's a short pdf.

if you just follow what this booklet says you'll get interviews for every single job you apply and there are some solid tips on how to get hired too.

stranger

imagine waiting a week and getting episode 7

This to be fair. It ruins my Sup Forums experience and the show meme potential desu

>have to read old posts
you retards don't actually go to the archive and dig up old posts for a show you just watched right

Why not?

If you wanted cable TV with a bunch of commercials, then maybe you should watch cable TV Gaylord

>Get exposed for being a binger.
>Get mad and have no comeback

This is life for every european or people that don't go to the cinema.

I prefer marathons, binge-watching or daily episodes to weekly formats as they invite overthinking and lingering on details that can easily break stories. Especially when it's stuff of lesser quality, it makes it far more enjoyable. Star Wars Rebels is a mediocre to bad show and watching it weekly with constant holiday pauses makes me hate the thing to an immense degree.

International sales. Netflix is in many countries but some of their shows like House of Cards are regular pay-tv stuff in some countries and even shows that are only on Netflix with time go into regular tv like Orange is the New Black on germanys ZDF Neo.

yeah i'm sure their whole competitive advantage is just an illusion.

I watched it all in one day and even had time to play overwatch for a bit because everyone told me to skip episode 7 which I did

Some shows are good for marathons but others are good for weekly episodes. I can't imagine watching the new twinpeaks in a marathon, the threads were great fun and so are the got and true detective threads.

I have laughed more at memes of weekly shows then one that has been marathoned (they seem a lot more forced). And I've had to avoid every single things that looks like a 'everything' released show when I haven't gotten the time to watch it yet.

Friendly reminder that you're supposed to watch it in one sitting like an 8 hour movie, it's the way the Duffer Brothers originally envisioned Stranger Things.

i like to think it's because they love us

>not one episode per day
You lack balance.

Fucking this. It's the reason I feel I have to watch everything right away, some stupid Facebook post with a click bait heading always ruins it.

>using normiebook

would've been a massive shitstorm

I for one welcome our binge TV overlords. It's pretty convenient getting to watch a series at your own pace. I get annoyed waiting for a week and forget to download episodes regularly.

I say that having followed supernatural since the beginning...

i agree more shows should do this. release it all if its ready.

that's how i browse Sup Forums. I browse 4plebs instead of Sup Forums, to avoid spoilers.

The other issue about binge releasing is that almost no episode is distinct, they're almost entirely a blur that ends up making shit feel like a thirteen hour movie instead of thirteen distinct episodes with a serialised storyline tying them together.

Just realised that there is a kind of social media enforced peer-pressure to get people to watch these shows as fast as possible to avoid spoilers.