Frost has done it

Frost has done it.

TP gets the final say on TP

Pottery

>they rhyme

>shameless self-bump

Alright, as to what Frost did: he basically, in a pretty cool way, tied up everything. Really, *everything*. The mythical “Season 4” is unnecessary. He managed to walk a pretty thin line: it works if you want a lot spelled out and if you still want to think about it. Pretty hard trick really. I was a bit pissed off when I saw the paw count—it’s short—I burned through it in about two hours. But, it’s basically what I’d been waiting for for the last ~26 years.

Please explain everything that needs explaining.

It’d be easier if you ask, but how about an easy ones:

-that little girl in Ep 8, the one that had the crazy bug thing crawl in her mouth? Sarah Palmer.

-in the new “timeline” (not exactly right) where it ends? it leaks into the “normal” one. Twin Peaks records and old newspapers say Laura Palmer disappeared. The remaining people start to rememeber it that way. Tammy Preston, most of it is from her perspective, starts to notice that something weird is happening to her mind while she’s in TP, but it clears up when she leaves.

- glass box: funded by evil coop from the proceeds of his, apparently, vast criminal empire

What else you wanna know?

WHAT HAPPENS TO JUDY?!

>-in the new “timeline” (not exactly right) where it ends? it leaks into the “normal” one. Twin Peaks records and old newspapers say Laura Palmer disappeared. The remaining people start to rememeber it that way. Tammy Preston, most of it is from her perspective, starts to notice that something weird is happening to her mind while she’s in TP, but it clears up when she leaves.
What do you mean it leaks into the normal one? Are Coop and Laura erased out of existence or do they go back to the "normal" timeline? If there are old newspapers and things I guess that means they're in present day, but why then did Laura hear her mother calling her from 25 years ago?

What are the woodsmen? What is their purpose?

>we’re not going to talk about Judy

But, we’ll talk about “Joudy”. So the Chinese thing people were talking about was bullshit. Philip Jeffries and Gordon Cole founded the Blue Rose Task Force. During that time Jeffries discovered the portals and getting all fucked up time. He was studying a bunch of occult/etc stuff and found that there was a dark feminine force that went all the back to ancient Sumeria: Joudy.

The idea is that Bob was Ba’al (later, as they put it: Beelzebub). I.E.: the evil masculine force. If the two got together the world is basically fucked.

It’s worth adding, that they positited that evil coop was “The Dweller on the Threshold”, an evil doppelganger, but that even those could be “possessed”. So, that’s what all the Bob in evil coop stuff was about. It was’n that evil coop was evil because of Bob, but rather that evil coop got “possessed” by Bob.

>If the two got together the world is basically fucked.
Uh, didn't Judy give birth to BOB though? Is Frost implying incest is the final act of evil? Also this sounds like the fucking plot of Ghostbusters.
>It was’n that evil coop was evil because of Bob, but rather that evil coop got “possessed” by Bob.
But BOB wasn't controlling Evil Coop, explained in the prison when he has to stare in a mirror and ask if BOB is still with him because he apparently can't even tell if he's there or not.

Basically, the “portals” are in multiple locations: e.g.: Twin Peaks, NYC, Buckhorn, Buenos Aires. They compared them to a “subway stops” in a “transit” system. But, you can also go through time. They talk about why Jeffries was so freaked out when he showed up in the FBI building. He’d been “in the future” tangling with evil coop and got all tweaked when he saw good coop back in 1989 or whatever.

Good coop prevented Laura from being murdered, but for Twin Peaks, she still disappeared. When she and coop end up is a sort of combination of alternate reality/alternate time but the effects ripple. Remember the body wrapped in plastic disappeared and Pete went fishing? So, now from where “we” are, she just disappeard and all the peaple there start to forget she was murdered.

As for them, coop is freaked out because he didn’t realize he could end up where/when somewhere else.

The implication is that there are lots of “worlds” but they also interconnect.

> this is one of those parts that you can still think about although the elaborate a bit
Just minor baddies that manifest from the Trinity explosion as part of the whole Bob/Joudy thing. There’s not a lot of detail about them, but the book provides more context.

WHAT HAPPENS TO COOP?! IS HE GOING TO BE OK?!

>birth
Not according to the book. However, that’s one of the parts where the give detail, but don’t explicitly say. Make take was that boths “evils” existed, the opportunity came to get together: bug in Sarah, woodsmen as Bob’s henchmen, but Joudy got cock-blocked by the firemen when he “imbued” Laura.

>possessed/control
That’s why I put “possessed” in quotes.

Seems to be a lot of shit that people figured out just from watching the show. Waiting for the juicy stuff, OP...

Tell me everything about this faggot.

They make a big deal out the fact that coop was always being a white knight and trying so hard to save damsels in distress, that it got him into trouble: they went into more about Windom’s wife Caroline, more about Annie, stuff about coop’s mom, and speculated that that’s why Laura’s case hit him so hard.

I took it too mean that while he succeeded in saving Laura from being murdered, it’s didn’t play out in a particulalry pleasant way. So, I’d say he’s “stuck”.

Don’t blame me, I didn’t write the book. There was a shitload of speculation, but this is the official version.

Sadly, he goes unmentioned.

How about soap-opera juicy: Ben Horne was really Donna’s dad, Doc Hayward got pissed divorced his wife and fucked off to Middlebury Vermont.

And where was Donna during season three?

So they didn't "tie up everything" as you claimed. Shit book, won't buy.

what happened to Dick Treymane and Catherine

She fucked off to NYC, went to Hunter college, become a Ford model and spent her hime with rich men. During the whole time she never talked to her mother, Ben Horne, or Doc Hayward. Just her sisters. At some party, Lana (that sex minx at the end of Season 2) shows up and it freaks her out (this is more of a thing of you read “The Secret History”). She goes crazy, ends up in a crack den, her rich husband puts her in rehab and divorces her when she gets out. She had some crazy prenup so she didn’t get much cash, but reconciled with Doc Hayward, moved to Middelbury and worked in his small medical practice (yeah, they say he’s old and cut back but didn’t want to retire).

He hit the sweet spot: enough information so there’s nothing missing, but it’s not a complete roadmap so you can still interpret things.

It felt pretty tied up to me.

what happened to josie

why was diane disguised as a blind asian

what was monica bellucci all about

No Dick. Catherine/Josie/Packards got a lot of treatment in “The Secret History”.

This book is set up as a bunch of dossiers written by Tammy and one (maybe two) by Albert with notes to Gordon.

The people mentioned are:

Norma, Shelly, James, Dr. Jacoby, Ben Horne, Ray Monroe, (those buckhorn folks), Donna Hayward, Lana, Gersten and Harriot Hayward, Rebecca, Big Ed, Nadine, Philip Jeffries, Doug Milford (nothing in the originals but a huge player in The Secret History), Hank, Vivian, Ernie Niles...I’m forgetting a few but I’m not going flip through the whole thing (they aren’t listed in the ToC).

Josie is covered in The Secret History. That one is pretty important for putting everything, including big parts of The Return, in context.

It goes into plot things, not Lynch’s stylistic choices.

Unmentioned, but the way the “fog” that people get in there minds about Laura is very heavily remniscent of the “Dreamer” stuff.

I see, thanks

FFS, I forgot fucking Major Briggs. It talks a lot about the events leading up to his death (so far as they can tell).

>Josie is covered in The Secret History.
Yeah I remember some crap about her past and what she got up to in Asia, but why was she doorknobbed and is she still there?

you’re welcome

Grabbing this and secret history for the shelf.

With FWWM being such good coverage of Laura does secret diary feel necessary at all? I guess I'll ask the same for Coop's autobiography.

I forget what the Secret History said, but she’s not mentioned here. They do go into a bit more about the two big evils, Joudy/Bob, feeding best on misery and souls (the book doesn’t actually say ‘garmonbozia’, but that’s what they’re getting at).

I read the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer a long long time ago. It was nice at time, but doesn’t really at much to The Secret History, The Return, and The Final Dossier.

Just remembered two interesting ones:

Audrey did actually marry that dude. He’s an accountant. But she disappeared later. Expected to have been institutionalized.

Annie went catatonic and has to be taken care of for the rest of her life. Nothing’s wrong with her, she doesn’t look upset, she’s cooperative, her eyes aren’t glazed but she never says anything.

EXCEPT! once a year, on the anniversary of her and evil coop getting out of the lodge, at 0838 she says “I’m fine.”

so Donna is worst girl confirmed

>EXCEPT! once a year, on the anniversary of her and evil coop getting out of the lodge, at 0838 she says “I’m fine.”
Holy shit. So she's answering Evil Coop saying "how's Annie?"

She was always way too bitchy for not being nearly as hot as any of the others.

>Audrey did actually marry that dude. He’s an accountant. But she disappeared later. Expected to have been institutionalized.
So all Audrey scenes except for when she's in a padded cell are in her imagination? Or were they flashbacks to just before he had her institutionalized? Wasn't all the Billy stuff connected to the Audrey scenes in real time?

I’m sure it is. But, to be explicit, the whole book consists of dossiers written in the first person (by Albert or Tammy) to Gordon Cole. Tammy, wasn’t there, so she doesn’t know what the hell Annie’s on about. Neither do Annie’s sister Norma or Annie’s doctors for that matter.

So the book doesn’t say that explicitly, but I’m sure you nailed it. Every fucking year...creepy.

From Tammy’s point of view writing the dossier, she isn’t aware of that. But it does talk about how she raised the asshole kid (forgot his name) totally on her own from when she was 19. Then she opened a successful salon. She fucked around a bit with a bunch of guys, even after marrying accountant dude, then started behaving a bit erratic, closed the shop, and disappeard. Tammy speculates (and/or relates rumors) that she ended up in an institution.

That doesn't really make any sense. I understand if maybe coming into contact with Evil Coop is what fucked with her mind, but it seems like several decades went past before she just suddenly went insane for no apparent reason, but there must some kind of implication that it's related to all the paranormal shit going on. It just seems like they couldn't be fucked giving any attention to her character so they said, "fuck it, she went cooky or something and throw her in a mental home."

>all this exposition ruining muh personal interpretation

That’s up to you man. I’m just relating was the book said.

>Annie went catatonic and has to be taken care of for the rest of her life. Nothing’s wrong with her, she doesn’t look upset, she’s cooperative, her eyes aren’t glazed but she never says anything

Just when I thought she couldn't possibly be even better waifu material.

If you haven’t already read the Secret History, that one will really piss you off then.

>ouch

Seriously, that sounds like the best wife ever.

You want to feed, clean and care for a catatonic for the rest of the life? Are you a beta faggot or something?

Can you guys tell me what the book says Maddy has been doing for the last 25 years? I miss my wife from Missoula

>Cooperative
>Doesn't talk
>Hot as fuck

You'll understand someday. Also nurses that do all the bad shit for you are a thing when you're not poor.

No mention of Maddy, but in the new “timeline/world/whatevs” Leland kills himself a year after Laura goes missing.

Are you admitting to being a rapist?

They do mention that her face is still beautiful and “unlined”.

So what was the deal with Norma's mom in Secret History being dead?

I giv her daily pusy kisses

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

Oh hell yeah she would be getting the shit raped out of her.

>usurps your fake nilespost

Fucking finally, they explain that shit. They actually spend a bit too much time on it. Here’s the TLDR version:

Apparently Norma keeps her horrid early life close to her chest. Basically, her dad sucked, fucked around, and left. Her mom wouldn’t divorce him so he was pissed off and just shacked up with Vivian and had Annie. This pissed off her mom, who finally divorced her dad and croaked leaving Vivian, a big gold digger (Norma’s dad apparently had some money) and Annie her half sister. Vivian was always an evil bitch, but when she came to town Norma decided to just call her ‘mom’ for Annie’s sake (Annie had been pretty much abused by everyone until Norma found out about her) and to not have to go into details to everyone in a small town.

That’s really the only part I didn’t like it was too long, a bit pointless, and just felt like “noes! I did’nt forget!!!”

So far, I’ve pretty much just listed what happened without much commentary beyond “I liked it.” And I *did* really like the book. But this what total bullshit. I left out a bunch of stuff about Vivian, but basically she was always an evil hateful quasi-stepmother who gave no fucks about her own daughter much less Norma. While she was an evil cunt in TP, her reactions don’t jibe with what they go into about her.

>HATE HER GODDAMMIT

She kicked out poor Ernie, he became homeless, and died waiting for treatment in a hospital waiting room.

>Vivian takes the Professor to school

Pottery.

What was the fucking point of all this?

And, almost forgot:

Hank gets shanked.

>they rhyme

Well, you see, back in 1990 there was this tv show called “Twin Peaks”...

>we will never know what happened to Leo

Leo was covered in the first (or close to first) Dossier by Albert. He was beat to shit, had a bunch of spider bites, but was killed by 5 gunshots to the chest. Albert gives Windom (he isn’t sure it was Windom that killed him, but he suspects) points for being scary with the tarantulas, gives him shit about them not being venemous to kill anybody.

Yeah and it should've stayed that way.

Alright, it’s been about three hours. I’m getting tired of typing and need some more beer.

I’ll hang around for another 10 minutes.

back in the secret history of twin peaks book, there was a passage about the burning river that happened on February 24th in the 1910s or 20s or something and all of the logs were on fire down the river in Twin Peaks and about a dozen woodsmen died
I always assumed they were the woodsmen who were burnt in Season 3

Shit. I completely forgot about that. There’s nothing explicit about them, other than details of what they did at the radio station, but that sounds pretty compelling.

>- glass box: funded by evil coop from the proceeds of his, apparently, vast criminal empire

What was the purpose of the box? What did he hope to come into possession of? Judy in some form?

What are the sounds Audrey's dad keeps listening to.

And what is written about Audrey?

What's the deal with the road house?

What's the deal with the sick people there, and stuff like the kid in the car?

>-that little girl in Ep 8, the one that had the crazy bug thing crawl in her mouth? Sarah Palmer.
knew that
>-in the new “timeline” (not exactly right) where it ends? it leaks into the “normal” one. Twin Peaks records and old newspapers say Laura Palmer disappeared. The remaining people start to rememeber it that way. Tammy Preston, most of it is from her perspective, starts to notice that something weird is happening to her mind while she’s in TP, but it clears up when she leaves.
whatever
>- glass box: funded by evil coop from the proceeds of his, apparently, vast criminal empire
knew that

I want stuff on Shelly and Bobby's relationship
as well as their daughter who was implied to have died off screen

What was the deal with that lady with the funky theme song that got killed by Ike the spike?

>purpose
They don’t know exactly. Since he’s also looking for the coordinates they speculate that he’s trying to learn more about how the whole network of portals works/gain control of it.

>sound

They don’t say explicitly (first person dossiers), but they talk about how when they boiler room, they saw a strange door (coops old room), he opened the door to an endless hallway, coop disappeard, then the door did.

> audry
>roadhouse

just when a lot of people go, nothing specific

>sick people

It’s noted that it happened, that there were murders, the radio made people pass out and get sick, people saw “hobos”, and that the liile girl, the one whose mouth the bug crawled into, was Sarah Palmer.

What is the Windom Earle chapter about?

They describe them as getting together publicly after Leo, all Leo’s stuffed got repo’d, Bobby knocked her up, they married in vegas, Bobby’s mom helped them, Rebecca had a lot of trouble with bad guys (like her mother did), and that her whereabouts were unknown.

Nothing.

>The idea is that Bob was Ba’al (later, as they put it: Beelzebub).
Um did Frost even watch the show?

>He’s an accountant
so how many fucking accountants were in Season 3? There was the Polish Accountant, the guy in the Sheriff's station, Audrey's husband and the guy when Mr C had a gun pointed at Ray Monroe who asks him if he wants any money
then the table with the jar of beans at the FBI - Bean counter meaning accountant
there must be more about that shit
anything about accountants?

Sadly, not as much as I’d have hoped. They don’t mention the bits like his Dugpa research. A little bit about his early life (young chess and school prodigy), a little about him and Gordon Cole, then some details about what happned in Pittsburgh with Cooper and his wife Caroline: basically, him and coop were investigating a serial killer (which turned out to be Windom), Windom thought Cooper and Caroline had chemistry, but then started creating situations to force them together until they finally had sex one time.

They didn’t explicitly say “bob is ba’al”, it’s set up as a collection of first person dossiers, but they describe the “male evil force” along with “the female evil force”(Joudy) in such a way that that is the implication (pretty directly). This doesn’t sound as crazy if you read The Secret History.

Did Candie have a happy life?

Nothing. Just that Audrey married her accountant and fucked around on him.

>>sick people

I mean the sick people at the road house and the puking kid in the "I gotta get home!!!!!" woman's car.

I was wondering if that was the drugs or something else poisoning people.

>The Box

Ah, okay. There was a lot of speculation as to whether the chick was sent there to fuck the dude and attract the thing that attacked and killed them. The way the security dude disappears seemed suspect.

Thanks for doing this btw.

She went unmentioned.

Ah, sorry, no; nothing about that.

>chick was sent
I had the same feeling, but when they mention them they just say something like: “the two poor kids”. That doesn’t preclude that she may have been, but Tammy didn’t uncover anything about it.

You’re welcome!

top fucking kek, BTFO

>It’s noted that it happened, that there were murders, the radio made people pass out and get sick, people saw “hobos”, and that the liile girl, the one whose mouth the bug crawled into, was Sarah Palmer.
I wonder if that's why that young girl/boy in the car when that kid shoots his dad's gun and Bobby talks to the woman who keeps honking was throwing up, as if the events of episode 8 happened in Twin Peaks then also
or maybe I'm misreading what you're talking about

Okay, one last one if you're up for it.

Any last notes on OG Sheriff Truman? Curious to see if he got an "official" ending.

Why was she hired to kill Dougie? How is she linked to the black box?

I'm not OP but I'm pretty sure she was just another go-between for Mr C, the Vegas guy and the assassins he wanted to hire
then when her people fucked up, the Vegas guy had her killed, then when his plan fucked up, the Vegas guy was killed by Tim Roth's girl

It could be.

I’ll try to explain the structure of the book a bit better and my thoughts on it:

There’s nothing in it that’s third person, narrative, or even surreal. It’s purely from the perspectives of Albert and Tammy (almost all Tammy), reporting to Gordon what they’ve discovered in a series of dossiers that are presented as FBI documents. So things like Annie’s “I’m fine.” make sense to us, the audience, but not to them because they don’t have an omnipotent viewpoint.

I think this was a brilliant idea! This way, Frost can give us a lot of extra context so we’re not just completely “WTF?”, but at the same time doesn’t read like an episode guide where he interprets all Lynch’s imagery. So, we get enough info to draw a lot of conlusions regarding what the situation is, but we still have room for absorbing Lynch’s surrealism.

Also, the context of The Final Dossier kind of assumes that you’ve read The Secret History. Frost went way the fuck out in that one to set up a huge world/situation where these things all took place that address a lot of what happened in S2. This also helps make the general feeling of The Return a lot less out-of-the-blue-what-the-fuck.

Harry S. Truman? Yeah, basically, he was pretty tweaked from what he saw with Cooper and what happened with Josie, but he never really told anyone. In fact, he never told anyone except his brother that he had cancer. He asked his brother, a retired law man from somewhere else in WA to take over for him for at least two years and then hand it over to Hawk.

He also never stopped looking for coop (until he got too sick too that is).

He was a good man.

I really don't have many questions. Good to see Annie get wrapped up. Anything relevant on Ed, Norma, Bobby and Shelly? They're my favorite TP characters.