Latchkey Kingdom thread

This chapter is not very new, but I really want to discuss it. The plot is really fucking with my mind.

In the shade chapter of Latchkey Kingdom, a shapeshifter shoddily assumes the shape of the MC as a mute monstruos version, but makes a perfect copy of all her memories and personality to the point it believes it is her. All the implications about that are blowing my fucking brain. Imagine being in that situation, YOU being the shapeshifter, the deformed, silent version of the real deal.

I know it's not a novel concept in writing, but fuck it is messing me up.

Other urls found in this thread:

teepublic.com/user/psych
fanfiction.net/s/12340816/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe Friday isn't the best day tp start new threads, since the last one died over the weekend.

Anyway, here's the newest page of the current chapter.

Now for some backer comics.

Now for request stream drawings

Now for backer illustrations

Now for backer rats

And that's it from tumblr. If someone else can post the publically available stuff from Patreon, it'd be great!

Galondria is best waifu

>Maybe Friday isn't the best day tp start new threads, since the last one died over the weekend.
I have no idea when is a good time to start a thread, hopefully starting it today will not kill it too quickly.

I just finished reading that chapter today and want to see some discussion badly. Sadly the only ones I found are the comics comments section since LK doesnt have a forum and no Sup Forums threads archived when the chapter was released.

I find the shapeshifter deal too damn interesting.

What is this furry nonsense?

Take it to Sup Forums

IF the thread doesn't last long I'll just continue the storyline I started last week on Sunday.
Gives me time to finish the next chapter of my fanfic.

Pic related is what I see in that last panel.

You could already see some differences between Willa and Rose during the Warhammer game. You will also notice that Rose doesn't carry a sword all the time and back during Claw THAT was the deal breaker for Willa.
Willa loves swords.

That game gave me the impression that Rose is going to get along with Nikol and Rosaline much better than Willa does.

If you donate to the Patreon you can read a lot of spoilers and there are a lot of plans for Rose in the overarching plot.

Adventure Time recently had that grass doppelganger, and it kinda reminded me of Willa and Rose.

In particular, I think the most unsettling part was the concept of distinctly remembering having a mouth, but not having a mouth anymore.

Here ya go.

I do hope the thread survives until morning -- I'd like to do some requests.

Also this gives me an idea

Jane in Willa cosplay?
Jane mid panty raid?
Jane in Willa cosplay, mid panty raid?

I like that she is developing a different personality than Willa, It would be a bit disturbing if she had exactly the same personality forever. Is that change fired because of the claw nature or because willa's mind being in such a bizarre situation is changing her way to behave?

We haven't seen the shade interact with swords or anything that wasn't the glass of beer, maybe she hates other objects all together. It practically never carries anything, swords included. Even her clothes are shapeshifted skin.

>If you donate to the Patreon you can read a lot of spoilers and there are a lot of plans for Rose in the overarching plot.
I'm planning to donate, but I personally prefer to give the story time to cook instead of getting spoiled beforehand.

>I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

On another note, if rose had the exact same personality and memories as Willa in the beginning, that means the chapter shows a personality aspect of Willa that we have never seen before, like getting horrified, crying and hugging a friend.

I think Saturdays is the optimal day for a Latchkey thread
All the weeks pages tend to have been posted by then so there is enough content to last through the weekend and then maybe it last a day or two before ending, depending on updates.
Middle of the week is the worst since then it has to compete with all the storytimes.

Nick said that one of his major inspirations for that chapter was the BTAS episode "His Silicon Soul".

I thought of that as well.

Carrying a scalpell in your cleavage seems pretty unsafe.

Time for backstory.

I like that they are kinda dopey yet scary at the same time.

Aw, poor girl.

And the Dillo cutie got a name.

Welp, that's horrifying.

> The Dillo's name

I wish Nick put up the descriptions for these requests cause it would be nice to know who or what these are.

Or what the context for is.

The eternal battle of which is the superior fetish.

No real idea of who she is or where she is from.

"HEY JANUS!"
"I swear to Lapak one day I'm gonna kill him."

You do not disturb teatime, period.

I don't get it it, whats wrong with the name?
Im definitely going to watch that
They r ded

>Smash Mouth
>All-Star
Got no Shrek reaction image

Monday threads have almost always lasted longer than weekend threads in the past. But who knows, maybe that's different now.

Cuties

I can't imagine it actually is, but does that look like a cursor in the first panel to anyone else?

Someone already bought it? I guess now she has to get her thieving licence.

Grumpy baby

rip

The nameless king from DS3, some badger character Nick made on the spot, Can't remember, Someone's bba in Bloodborne regalia, Someone's bba dancing while drunk, someone's bba finding treasure, a rogue, and Rose.

Oh shit, Nick's selling Latchkey merch
teepublic.com/user/psych

What gets me is the idea of having to completely remake your identity and hope no one tries to burn you at the stake for being a monster.

>I can't imagine it actually is, but does that look like a cursor in the first panel to anyone else?
Well now I can't unsee that

>some badger character Nick made on the spot
Oh cool, I thought it was some OC or some character from another webcomic

Though I'm sure the rogue is the one same woman as here and she is named Hera.

Wow, sweet!

Fucking finally

Alright, I got a hoodie.

If you see me in public, feel free to beat me up.

Wait is this an actual Smash Mouth reference? Did Nick actually name a character after Eric Valentine of fucking Smash mouth???

No idea.
My own first thought when reading the name was Joestar from JoJo.
But it could just be that the name sounded "Wild Westerny" to him

I really like the concept behind this one and that it ties to one of the BBAs.

This is also a neat design and concept.

Galondria is good but Hilde is best waifu

I already ordered a few of the dragonfly shirts.

Cus I am not wearing anything that can be googled back to a comic about animal people.

I would really like something with the moon too.

I have not ordered anything myself yet but the dragonfly crest is probably the best choice since it is discreet enough to not be traced but still eyecatching to make people curious.

A shame they don't sell any Latchkey mousepads.

Huh neat. I might get the dragonfly crest on a t-shirt.

What background color Sup Forums, blue or green?

Personally I'd go for green cause I like the color.
Also I think it fits better since Willa herself is green and is shown wearing it on green clothing.

This shouldn't be complicated, but I'm strugglin'.

I gotta go run some errands, but I'll figure this one out when I get back!

That's lookin real good so far

If you are up for more requests I'd like to see Liam coming to the lewd realisation that he's being squished by Bridgets big bare butt here

>kicked out of boot camp because of my blind eye
>come back and see nick's selling some merch now
well I guess there's always some give-and-take with everything

Well that sucks to hear that you were kicked out but welcome back man, we've missed ya.

yeah I'm pretty bummed with how much time I had to sink into not even graduating but oh well
at least I can get back to the important things like discussing latchkey

Yeah you'd think they'd object earlier with such an obvious thing as a blind eye. But I digress.

Well here things have not changed that much except we got some more people reading the comic and one of them took the fabled 150 dollar reward tier.

I feel like this is something that could've shown up in this chapter with that panel of the comic-con willa and everybody went to

the MEPS people I worked with were fuckin stupid and assured me it wasn't a disqualifying condition but that's enough offtopic discussion from me

>one of them took the fabled 150 dollar reward tier.
damn good for them, have they gotten their first strip yet or did they just back it recently?

>damn good for them, have they gotten their first strip yet or did they just back it recently?
They did it last month so the page should be posted this week, probably later today even since all other patreon rewards have been posted already.

Saturday Sketch Time!

We begin with the thumbs for Castlemania 23

Next is tanuki who is spoilered cause I'm paranoid.

Shark time!

Some Hope

Holly the big bunny

hope a top qt

And to finish off the public stuff we have some ideas for t-shirts, inspired after he made the ones linked here: There's even a moon here like wanted

I bought one of each
I probably wont wear the latchkey logo one out in public just because I don't want to be broadcasting that I'm a furshit degen but the crest looks really nice
I think subtle designs like that would work a lot better for merch, am definitely interested to see what else nick puts out

She is
Can't wait for her to make a proper appearance in the comic

Oh and I almost forgot, someone started writing a fanfic staring Rosaline and Embalmer
fanfiction.net/s/12340816/1/

That's just a bear lady with a round face and big ears

you say that like it's a bad thing

Scuse me, Holly is a bunny through and through
She just happens to be a bit more swole than your average bun-bun

>that front lacing with nothing underneath
>that short skirt
>those bloomers peakin out
10/10 she's perfect

Careful, she is only 15

fug
she didn't tell me that at the time

Please follow Marshall Vunderdog to the dungeon jail

pls no

Look we might let it slide with the kids drinking but we don't allow child diddling around these here parts

how do we even know what hilla's age-of-consent laws work

I'm not taking any chances and so you shouldn't either

Also I'm pretty sure Nick has slightly modified characters ages when he has paired them up to avoid this. Or he doesn't like it when the age difference between characters are too great.

Sorry to hear that.

If you want to see last week's thread it is still archived:
Nick needs a bit more time. He was a bit slammed and I have no reason to rush him.

The questions is further complicated by how not all characters mature at the same rate. Rex is only 3 years older than Willa but hounds mature faster. Who knows what that could mean for hybrids like Stella, Embalmer and maybe Holly.

you better hassle nick to make that grin shirt from his idea doodles

I think THIS is the ideal pattern. Green arms, white belly.

makes me think of those solaire hoodies people were making a few years back

>Nick needs a bit more time. He was a bit slammed and I have no reason to rush him.
Not complaining, just waiting in anticipation, he can take all the time he wants.. Though I have been worrying that he would eventually get too large of a workload, so I hope he doesn't burn himself out.

That's pretty good though I could personally go for a pure green one.

I'll probably update that tomorrow.

Here's my idea for the next shirt.

That's really nice art and a cool callback to the first chapter

satanic trips confirms itll sell like gangbusters

Yeah, I was going to just copy it outright, but I feel like my art has grown enough that I'd be better off redoing it.

I like the remake
I always like when people redraw things from earlier points in their portfolios, it's cool to see how styles evolve

Extra fitting since his avatar is a hell(hekk) hound

I agree with pretty much everything said

Cute. But you may want to check how accurate Teepublic is to your shading.

Best Barbarian Babe Bump Before Bed

dammit, I have no idea why it's on its side
It's on the correct side in the folder

was it downloaded off a phone?

No, I took it from the 70 seas Extras pdf. It was on its side in that but my attempts at turning it correctly doesn't seem to work when posting it here

weird