This show is incredibly good. maybe i went crazy but i can't stop watching this thing...

this show is incredibly good. maybe i went crazy but i can't stop watching this thing. the characters are incredible and likeable, the humour is on-point, the world-building is unmatched. helga is literally the best character ever created in cartoonl the cast of the show is highly diverse without appearing SJW-y or forced at all. the christmas episode literally makes people bawl their eyes out (it certainly did that to me).

as a kid i knew i liked it, but somehow, as a kid, you sometimes only "unconsciously" know you like it. as if you are not aware what draws you towards it. i loved it when it came on tv, but unlike spongebob, i never really talked about it with friend or anything, but i enjoyed every epsidoe without truly getting the point. now as an adult, i'm honestly obsessed with it. does anyone else share this love?

I like how some side characters had their own centered episode, my favorite being Rhonda

I really hope the movie will be good,it'll be a great farewell to a tv show people grown up with

rhonda is my favorite "rich popular bitch" character. they really tried to portray her as a misguided girl that thought that the only way she could be respected or popular is if she is as fashionable, arrogant, self-centered as her parents and there are a couple of episodes where she realizes she doesnt have to be that to have fun or have friends (like when she befriended patty or ended up having fun at arnold's party)

i cant imagine the movie being good after all these years i just want helga/arnold to happen

bump

Only Sheena never got an episode about herself.

which is a shame since exploring her crush on eugene wouldve been quite fun

it's funny because I bet most of you americans grew up in suburbia à la ed edd and eddy rather than inner city like arnold

stoop kid's afraid to leave his stoop

I don't think I liked Hey Arnold all that much as a kid. I just watched it because it was a cartoon. But now, it's just so good. Though I still don't know why.

One of my favorite episodes was when Helga went to therapy. As a kid I noticed I was way more engaged in that episode but at the time I didnt know why.

It wasnt until I went to college I realized how different my life was compared to most of the families of friends I met with over the years. That episode really just.. made me feel understood?

Idk, this show is gold

>As a kid I noticed I was way more engaged in that episode but at the time I didnt know why.
thats the feeling i had with the whole show and especially such episodes

>the cast of the show is highly diverse without appearing SJW-y or forced at all.
This was back in the day when that happened because the writers wanted to do it rather than doing it to to be able to say you have broad appeal. On a related note every family in Doug had different coloured skin.

Why is that funny

Most doesn't mean all.
As a big city kid, it's nice to have at least one show based on familiar grounds.

The jazz centered soundtrack, the character development, the setting. They really nailed the foundation of the show to allow such topics to be dealt with.

It holds up as a show you can watch 20 years later as an adult and still be engaged with, versus just watching.

It wasnt even my _favorite_ show in my youth, but it brings back the most nostalgia. and angry beavers for some retarded reason

I watched it casually as a kid, but upon watching it recently I can't get enough of it. It's such a great show.

I really would have liked to see The Patakis get greenlit. Helga's relationships with her family and Phoebe were probably the strongest highlight of the show for me.

Thats some nice fanart

does this show hold up when you watch it as an adult? I tried watching a couple of other shows that I missed when I was a kid and I couldn't pass the first episode

yes it does but the first 2 seasons aren't taht good, it becomes one of the best shows afterwards though

>it's funny
>I'm trying to be smug
This is what I consider to be the red flag that a European/Latin/Asian/non-American type is a mediocre simp.

I find it amusing/tragic how obvious it is that Helga's mother was an alcoholic watching it now.

Nice that Phoebe's actually going to be involved in the new movie. The last one felt like a missed opportunity in how little it focused on the kids besides the main three.

The children had such relatable problems. Like that episode where Sid befriend one rich kid and he was so nervous about him visiting his crappy house that he lied and make him think Arnold house was his. It was supposed to be bad move in Sid part but you also could empathize because he didn´t wanted to be judged for being poor and loss a friend.

I also liked the atmosphere of the show.

Belva on the couch is generally considered one of the best episodes.

I wonder if they are gonna show the teacher being openly gay, wasn´t that guy in the thanksgiving episode supposed to be his boyfriend?

It really hurt as a kid when this show ended because all I wanted was for Helga to be happy and she never really got that conclusion

I grew up in neither, city outskirts that aren't endless suburb nor have 15 floor buildings

I still remember always expecting them to follow up on that final episode and not knowing that it had been canceled.

I grew up in both due to constant moving after divorce parents or whatever went wrong there. One thing I will say if im glad I got to explore both as a child. It's near impossible as an adult since it's a social norm to be obligated to not visit certain areas unless you have a purpose.

Inner Cities were enjoyable since there was a lot of alleys to explore and do parkour in, restaurants to hang out in, and parks to play. Along with arcades and skating rinks.

Suburbs, even though they have less to do(aside from exploring the nearby forest area), still had plenty of other kids to meet. Usually with a load of things to play with, games/sports to plan to do every saturday, and the drama of friendship that couldn't be easily be found in the big city.

Both shows reflect those times and those times won't really come back due to the internet terraforming the culture.