*inhales*

*inhales*

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/spielberg-discovered-disneys-young-han-892493
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this movie looks so gay

Fake news
Either way ron is better than Lord and Miller. (Though I like those guys)

is there any doubt it's a munny laundering op at this point?

Disney's already wearing out SW with bombarding the audience with SW everything every year.

And the sad thing is by the time Disney is done, what was once the most beloved movie franchise in movie history will be nothing but a bad taste in people's mouths.

Why does Disney even bother with Directors? Why not just pay for their name to be plastered on credits and make the films they deem fit?

I just hope that because of all the insanity all of the original footage is preserved and cut together into a completely different version for comparison. It may turn out to be the better film.

so now it has 400 million budget?

I said this when the new film series was announced. They should just stick to a new trilogy, and leave it at that. If they try to milk it by having a SW film every year forever, it will ruin the franchise. But this is short term profits, and everyone loves those. They can worry about lack of long term profits later.

Well that means it'll flop

Plus not counting marketing

Or just show us different shit. It's an entire galaxy with 1000s of years of history. There should be millions of storys to mine.

No one really gives a shit about what Han was doing, in fact the mystery is what makes him cool.
But they gotta get that sweet sweet nuNerd money from selling those ugly bobble head figures with recognizable logos.

To be honest this a good thing.

I've always loved Star Wars but the way it's been blown out of proportion like it's some modern mythology that will last centuries is perverse.

Thanks for your input Billy.

this. I'd fucking love if they made a series taking place in the old republic era, but they wont. It'll be numbered episodes every other year, and backstories on their characters in between for the rest of our lives
>mfw idris elba plays finn in a prequel 10 years from now

>yfw he ends up making the best "Star Wars" movie ever and it ends up sweeping the Oscars while doubling the inflation adjusted box office totals of Avatar

>we'll never get an HBO series set in the old republic

fuck

It already was a fucking bad taste in people's mouth with the prequels you baboon

Ron Howard is pleb tier.

Munny laundering for their cunny plundering?

I knew we're in for over-saturation with Ep. 7 bringing Star Wars makeup and Star Wars oranges.

And it has only gotten worse since then

How do you work with Spielberg for 30 years and not know how to make movies?

>film set during the events of KOTOR will never happen
>Han Solo movie will get multiple sequels
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Perfect for Star Wars then

Disney doesn't give a fuck about anything pre-Disney. They're doing it all their way and expect you to shut up and be a good consumer who just goes along with it.

>there are now basically two SOLO movies
Ironic isn't it

>three directors take two attempts at filming Solo's solo film

>having to repay the actors, camera men, boommic men, extras, and everyone else
>having to re-rent locations to shoot again
>some special effects may have been completely scrapped and re-built

We should arrange a boycott for this movie so it doesn't even break even. At a $400 million dollar budget + 200 million dollar marketing, it has to make less than 600 million. Let's do it gang!!

Is that the scientology dude or the guy who wrote those tom hanks religious books?

It's almost like the stereotypes we're real. Women shouldn't be allowed to curate sci-fi and fantasy franchises.

It doesn't matter anyone, most people don't care about the quality of the movie if they know the brand.
That is why Disney invested real money in Star Wars and Marvel.

To be fair we have Spielberg himself to thank for a headline star who needed acting coaches on-set.

>headline star who needed acting coaches on-set
Who?

and you all made a big stink about Justice League being scrapped into a different film.

daisy

The Han Solo actor. Spielberg was the one who got him the role and he's apparently fucking terrible.

Thank Christ that entire fucking era was retarded

Literally who

Its Star Wars, they put a few ads up and it still blows up the rest of the theater

Is this basically what happened with Exorcist:The Beginning?

Will we eventually see the other version or will they destory like the Eric Stoltz BTTF?

Well, that's exactly what they did

>Filming began on the Han Solo spin-off film on January 30, 2017.
>On June 20, 2017, citing “creative differences,” Lucasfilm and Lord and Miller jointly announced their decision to part ways (although later it was revealed by insiders that Lucasfilm essentially let the directors go as their visions were not aligned).
>We had learned that the production had taken a brief hiatus before this decision was announced.
>So it seems that Lord and Miller shot for just over four months.
>When Lord and Miller exited the project, it was announced that Ron Howard was hired to work on the remaining three-and-a-half weeks of scheduled principal photography as well as a now-scheduled five weeks of reshoots.
>Howard posted a photo from his first day on set, which was June 29, 2017. He announced production wrap on October 18, 2017.
>So Howard was filming for almost 4 months, almost the same exact length that Lord and Miller were on the film. Four months is about the same amount of time it took to film Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok.

>It has been estimated that Ron Howard makes $13-15 million upfront for a directing/producing gig, and then a portion of the backend, which can be substantial. It’s unclear if he would get paid more or less for coming in to rescue the situation, but you would think that Disney gave the big name director some extra incentive to fix this film. His involvement is a big expense.

>It’s also been documented that at least one major actor had to be recast. In film production, time is money. Crew is paid per day/hour, same with most actors, and I’m sure these reshoots extended far past their contracted duties. This is where a lot of the money is spent. It’s likely that a day of shooting costs anywhere from $500,00 to a couple million dollars, depending on a number of factors.

That's what I call "efficiency".

You really think that Kathleen kennedy would leave such an evidence of her poor tatste and decisions? There film will never exist in any shape.

Cause vagina

They should have made only stand alone films until they got a real idea for a sequel trilogy. They rushed the production of TFA because the greedy execs wanted money asap and Kathleen Kennedy is a dumb cunt who made all the wrong decisions. Instead of hiring the best writers and directors, she went for her pet boy Jj Abrams and make a reboot with a stronk womyn. The typical Hollywood schlock formula.

It'll still make a killing at the box office regardless.

Well it is hard to focus when everything around her keeps on trying to melt into another dimension

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Jesus.
I respect Spielberg. He created the blockbuster/tentpole fade that is killing cinema and now he is pushing shit actors to a whole ne level, like maggots in a corpse.

It will literally have to make a billion to break even.

That cunt was his secretary, one year later she became his associate producer on all of his movies. Dumb cunt never learned one thing despite being around Spielberg and Lucas all this time. Why? She realized spreading her legs furthered get her where she got, no other skill, why learn them?

>Ron Howard made Rush
>a great racing movie about bros
>we might get a Han Solo and Lando racing movie about the Kessel Run

This might actually be a good star wars movie.

Much more than that, 1.3B at very least

How does Spielberg work for 30 years and forget how to make movies?

Sure we will, shill

I'm not really excited about the movie, but if it is a racing movie, it would be pretty great.

>vomits in Huttese

dear god, why in the fuck did they pick him

why indeed

Mmm, Star Wars fatigue is going to be great.

That shit movie is coming out in May. Only 5 months after TLJ. That's the new schedule . A SW schlock every 6 months.

This is what I knew would happen as soon as I heard Disney bought the franchise and planned on making yearly releases. I knew it would go the way of Saw movies, or Guitar Hero, or any of that other garbage that gets released yearly. And we all know they're not going to stop at Episode 9. There's going to be endless movies, both numbered and spin-offs. They're going to flood the market with so many star wars movies that "the original three" will be so far-faded into memory that people won't even really think of them anymore, because all people will remember is all the mediocre garbage that got pumped out over and over afterwards

You've got it wrong, Spielberg is a child rapist and Kennedy got a cushy gig and hush money.

I already have it. I was a huge fan, even love the prequels, but I can't handle this Disney shit. I started selling chunks of my collection and cut waaaaaay back on merch buying, etc.

WILL TILL YOU SEE THE

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Spielberg meet him in a bar mitzbah, literally google it

i don't care star wars is for kids anyway

nxtlvl

Spielberg is a much worse hack than any other hack

b-b-but Sup Forums told me that jewish nepotism is just a stupid Sup Forums meme!

Really sucks how Kevin Spacey molested Ron when he was 14

They even managed to make him already look older than Ford in the original trilogy

That guy was great in Hail Caesar though.

I love it when underage fags think they know how world works.

Iron Man came out 10 years ago and people are not even close to getting tired of capeshit. 2017 box office is dominated by them.

If you think that mainstream will be tired of SW after few movies you need a new brain. Try again in 15 years.

Fuck! It's real.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/spielberg-discovered-disneys-young-han-892493

Of course it's real . Speileberg is a piece of shit nepotistic godfather. He is responsible for Kathleen Kennedy, JJ abrams, Shia Laboeuf and Laden Enrecht. Noticed a pattern ?

>you would think that Disney gave the big name director some extra incentive to fix this film. His involvement is a big expense.
Probably a quid-pro-quo thing. I come in, fix this movie for you, and in return you greenlight my next picture.

I genuinely enjoy ron howard as a director, but this movie has the fat girl from game of thrones. There's no bigger sign that its going to bomb than that.

>Shia Laboeuf
He's an obnoxious unbalanced train-wreck of a human being, but he's a fine actor.

I'm surprised they didn't hire Jay Courtay just to be 100% it bombs hard. They have Woody instead, and his last film War of the apes bombed hard. KEK . I bet Kathleen Kennedy is shitting her panties

Does that mean we could get two Solo movies, as they did with Anchorman?

Great stuff, user. You bring a lot to this board.

Budget $150 million[4]
Box office $488.6 million[5]

sure user

WHO CARES WHERES MY OBI WAN EWAN MOVIE FUCK YOU DISNEY

Disney will never released the other version just in case ppl would like it and therefore expose how much of a hacks they are. Kathleen Kennedy probably butchered all the tapes

>Disney will never released the other version
No shit, they didn't even finish principal photography.

>someone in this thread will try and defend this

They recast Emilia?

oh fuck off
Kelly C is in this fucking movie?
Sweet merciful christ I wish game of throne never got made.

Alright the foreign BO saved the movie, however Star Wars relies on the domestic BO the most, it makes as much in the US than in the entire world combined. If burgers don't like it, disney aren't gonna be happy. Rogue One only made $500 millions. The fatigue is already catching.

It's widely known Emilia is the one fucking up big time to save face and not throw a strong woymn under the bus he took the fall. This is why Emilia has announced her retirement from acting.

It makes me laugh when Disney fags say Rogue One was saved with the reshoots despite the fact none of them saw Gareth Edwards original cut. Brain dead morons who will gobble Kathleen Kennedy's shit no matter how much you redpill them

I wonder if this will ever come out?

Taking a screen shot, just in case.

But the people love that mediocre garbage, user

>It will literally have to make a billion to break even.
>$400M production budget after reshoots
>standard "too big to fail" Disney tentpole marketing budget $150-200M
>they make half of the gross back
Literally 1.2 billions TO BREAK EVEN, give or take. If this move makes the same numbers than the last Pirates flick we'll be talking about a major bomb

Good. Star Wars only has two good films and deserves to die.

Don't forget that POTC did pretty good in China while han solo won't, you can be sure. Even R1 with two big chinese stars flopped in China.

>that hairline
CHEESE AND RICE
>that shirt and jacket
I genuinely hope that's not his SW attire

Oh they "care". A friend of mine said he can't wait to see the film because he wants to see the Kessel run. I felt like punching the cunt in the mouth and we've been friends for twenty years