How come this gem is never mentioned when it comes to things that had influence on the Christopher Nolan-style of...

How come this gem is never mentioned when it comes to things that had influence on the Christopher Nolan-style of filmmaking?

It's so obvious to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ8RjvesnvDOxwwIOnZWtetJ9KfQI_kSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's really just TDK that's inspired by it, not all Nolan movies

Have you only seen TDK? Heat is brought up a lot when discussing that movie, I'm assuming you haven't seen many in your life?

Yeah I get that TDK has the biggest similarities, but I see it in Inception and Memento also.

It gets mentioned all the time...

he literally interviewed the cast and crew and asked some sperg questions too

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ8RjvesnvDOxwwIOnZWtetJ9KfQI_kSI

Why did they only put on the masks after they entered the bank? Wouldn't they have been recognisable from the security camera footage?

To set up properly and not draw attention, and they didn't care. The authorities already knew who they were. Obviously.

Then why even bother putting on the masks?

I 'unno, to keep in line with robber fashions, and scare people.

/thread

No one cared who they were until they did.

HEAT WOULD BE A PERFECT MOVIE IF THEY CUT THE WIVES AND GIRLFRIENDS, TOTAL SCENE WASTERS, FUCKIN UP THE PACING FOR WHAT FEMALE AUDIENCES WHO ARE NEVER GONNA WATCH A MANN MOVIE ANYWAY

ROASTIES OUT

kys disgusting pleb

WOMEN WERE ALSO USELESS SCENE CHEWERS IN TDK, PROPS AT BEST, PLOT DEVICES FOR THE MALE CHARACTERS

>WELL HELLLLO BEAUTIFUL
KEK

there are multiple scenes establishing that they disabled all security systems in the bank before the day of the robbery

>He didn't appreciate waingro's monster fuck

Pleb taste desu

The women play a huge point of the film in terms of the women being a huge influence towards the motivation of the characters.

Val Kilmer ends up escaping because his wife, who he treats like dog shit, ultimately decides to not betray him

Pacino's on his third marriage and the first one where he's had parental responsibilities in terms of his third wife having a kid from a previous marriage. He ends up realizing that he can't just run away from the people he loves after the daughter nearly dies.

And DeNiro's entire arc is that he has a chance at new life when he finally finds a girl that he loves and can leave crime behind. But his desire to kill the traitor in his gang, plus his insecurities regarding having emotional ties with ANYONE, causes him to ultimately to go to his death, with only Pacino to mourn him as he dies in an open field.

>never mentioned
Dude even my cat knows Nolan copies Mann.

YEAHYEAH, ALL TACKED ON CRAP

HEAT WAS ABOUT MILITARY GRADE SHOOTOUTS ON CITY STREETS AND SHAPED DEMOLITION CHARGES BLOWING THE BACK OUT OF ARMORED TRUCKS

Not really

No one would give a crap about Heat if it didn't have debt to it.

What made it work and why it's so memorable and considered a kino-classic of the 90s, is that Mann deconstructed the one-dimensional heist film and hired A-List actors like Pacino and DeNiro to play the hell out of the film.

It's all about the inner life/mindset of high end bank robbers and the man who pursues them. The robbers aren't generic thugs and are driven by different things that make them fully fleshed out characters.

is wrong, while is right for the wrong reasons.

When Heat came out, the whole selling point of the entire thing was "Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro in the same film AND for the very first time*, in the same scenes with each other!!!!"

*They were in Godfather 2 yes, but never interacted with each other on screen

Heat is basically a generic action film, but one where the gimmick is pandering to boomers who love Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro and consider them the greatest actors in modern cinema. And this was back before DeNiro became a shrill parody of himself (Pacino had already descended into farce, but DeNiro still considered himself a serious actor who only did serious films).

Without them, Heat is basically a forgettable film. Just another Michael Mann film, back when Mann's reputation was already in the dog house after a string of flops.

CHARACTER WISE IT WAS PACINO V DENIRO DUEL TO THE DEATH THE MOVIE

WORTHY ADVERSARIES ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE LAW

THE WOMEN SIDE PLOTS HE THREW IN JUST CONVOLUTE THE ESSENCE OF THE MOVIE

>Pacino had already descended into farce
Not yet, Pacino was great up until Insomnia and you're underaged if you think otherwise. DeNiro cashed out a couple of years before Pacino did with those Meet The Parents flicks.

that's the whole point of the movie. it's a drama piece not an action-thriller. how do people not get this.

go back to videogames, retard.

Old fag here; Pacino stopped being God-tier actor-wise with Scent of a Rose.

The women added depth to their characteristics in terms of parallels to each other and made Pacino staying with DeNiro more poignant in terms of not wanting DeNiro to die alone as a metaphor for Pacino realizing he can't just run away from people the moment they become an inconvenience to him.

>only Pacino to mourn him as he dies in an open field.
>you and I are not so different, after all

Decided to go to the Film society since they were paying a small cinema to play the movie privately.
Numales and Roasties just couldn't comprehend why McCauley didn't just leave with Eady for the good life.
>mfw it wasn't a meme afterall that certain groups of people don't understand the movie

>HEAT IS A MATURE MOVIE FOR MATURE VIEWERS SUCH AS MYSELF

SO HE'S OBSESSED WITH HUNTING HIS NEMESIS, CLASSIC DUEL DYNAMIC

NOW LETS TAKE A PACE KILLING SIDE JAUNT TO SHOW HOW TOXIC HIS JOB IS, LOOK HOW BADLY HE NEGLECTS HIS FAMILY, SOO MUCH SO THAT HIS DAUGHTER EVEN TRIES TO KILL HERSELF, WOW THIS PLOT TURN JUST WENT DEEP AND GIVES REAL GRAVITY TO THE SINGLE MINDED DRIVE OF THE CHARACTER, I MEAN HIS DAUGHTER ALMOST DIED FOR HIS SILLY MACHO GAMES! WHY CANT HE JUST SETTLE DOWN, MEN *SIGH*

OK GREAT, THAT WASN'T USELESS, NOW BACK TO THE FULL AUTO MACHINEGUNS MANN

It's okay as far as crime dramas go