Why does everyone talk about Blade Runner as the best special effects film of the 80s when it was actually Terry...

Why does everyone talk about Blade Runner as the best special effects film of the 80s when it was actually Terry Gilliam's Brazil?

It's a fucking masterpiece of effects. It still looks good to this day. It's just that it's the exact opposite of Blade Runner, instead of shiny and neon it's grey and miserable.

Other urls found in this thread:

pinterest.com/mondino8/vintage-star-wars-posters/?lp=true
youtube.com/watch?v=aSO9OFJNMBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw Terry Gilliam will never direct a mega-budget film adaptation of Steppenwolf

Because nobody has seen it

>Terry Gilliam will never direct anything again

i wouldn't call Blade Runner shiny exactly.
I think most people overlook the special effects in Brazil, because there's always Terry Gilliams humor tied to it, no matter how grey and miserable. And we all know that according to critics: humor

it's pretty popular...biggest film of a well known director

was he ever planning on doing that?!

steppenwolf was OK

I can confirm this. I have seen Blade Runner. I very rarely even see this mentioned.
Isn’t this about some Hitler cloning shit?

Eastern European movie posters time?

pinterest.com/mondino8/vintage-star-wars-posters/?lp=true

essential redditcore

He has a movie coming out next year.

It's too good to be recognised for its effects. Blade runner had a terrible story and performances, whereas this is funny and interesting and well performed. So people forget the effects.

I don't know but it would be perfect for him, especially with the crazy psychedelic ending

yeah..... that doesn't count
terry gilliam hasn't made a movie since 1995

It's a better file too. Blade runner is forgettable but you will never forget Brazil.

Gilliam has always been the GOAT effects director. His part at the beginning of The Meaning of Life is kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=aSO9OFJNMBA

He perfectly captures that 80s aesthetic. Not the meme synthwave one, but the grim, bleak, grey, corporate one.

>grey and miserable
The entire movie is a commentary on bureaucracy. What did you expect?

>underage Uma tits in Baron Munchausen

I approve

You should watch it. It's not what you'd expect.

Zero Theorem had some similar although more colorful aesthetics to Brazil.

You are thinking of Boys from Brazil. Had Steve Gutenberg. Was pretty shit but based on a decent story.

how dare you even
I can't believe people really compare that piece of shit to brazil

You don't like Fear and Loathing or Tideland?

What's with the weird lenses in this?

The only thing that's not good in Brazil is the love plot. It's too abrupt.

Steppenwolf is not fucking psychedelic. Fuck I hate hippies and how they have attatched themselves to Hesse. Even he hated it, it is a hermetic tale of the Germanic ideal. Same with Demian. In fact Steppebwolf is the last of the Germanic trilogy.

>Blade runner is forgettable
That's one thing it isn't, though.

Tell me why I should watch this

Eh, it was meh. I got it, it's very easy to 'get', it just wasn't for me.

It's not supposed to be complicated

I’ll add it to my list of films to check out

Been meaning to check that out too. Thanks.

the end kinda is. Doesn't he actually go on a trip after smoking something weird the guitarrist gave him?

Why is the ending so bleak?

it isn't
he escaped in his mind

What are some other kinos with this aesthetic?

Same her. Downloaded it a while back but somehow I can't bring myself to watch it.

It's bleak kino. It's also pretty funny. It's 1984 told by Monty Python.