/trek/

Spooky Halloween outfit edition

So, People been talking about this new Star Trek series, and Im considering giving it a go. I vaguely remember watching Star Trek: Enterprise when I was like still a kid, and that reminded myself that I kinda liked that show.

Im kinda lost here, since I don't exactly know where to start. Can I skip the original series? It looks kinda dumb imo.

Sorry if thats the wrong place to ask, but I didnt know nowhere else to go.

Posting here since the last thread died.

post trek spooks

Go for it. If you want, watch a few classic Star Trek episodes like "Balance of Terror" "Journey to Babel" and "Amok Time" to get a feel for it. Then, sign up for CBS All Access or torrent the new Star Trek: Discovery.

why was he so fat

he was mimicking riker

Holy fucking shit I swear to God this is the last time I trust this general giving me recommendations. I started watching Deep Space Nine the other day despite all the hate it gets here, and oh boy I never had so much fun since the Original Series.
You guys lied to me.
Anyways, post your favorite characters. Kyra best waifu t.bh

A poor diet is part of being pure evil.

>despite all the hate it gets here
Kill yourself

wat

he's T H I C C like Riker

>despite all the hate
Oh boy, you sure are new here, aren't you? You sure we're in the same general? Cause I think we aren't.
DS9cucks love to spam here all nonstop telling how great that series is.
Meanwhile, I've been trying to legit have a conversation about Voyager for MONTHS and those faggots won't shut up telling me how theyre precious little show is better than Voyager.

Yeah, I'm salty.

Voyager still is better in my opinion, so fuck you and fuck off with your shitty unhumorous, lazy scripted, haxxy shit.

God I need a break from here.

All these threads are about is fat riker, cardassia and bashir/o'brien
Everyone here loves ds9, even the voy/ent shitters

So this guy could shrug off a huge hole in his abdomen but got his shit fucked by Dr. Crusher?

Who's edgier, the guy from The Survivor who kills 50 billion aliens because they killed his wife, or Anakin Skywalker who killed a few sand people for raping his mother?

>Kevin killed some nigger aliens for killing his waifu
>gets away with it
>Anakin rees at some sandniggers for raping his mom
>turns to the dark side, becomes a deadbeat dad and finally gets killed by lightning
dunno man, Anakin is still somehow edgier.

>its a halloween- i mean dr crusher episode

>it's a riker stuffs his face with gagh on a klingon ship episode

>It's an "Irishmen come on board the Enterprise and use all of Worf's replicator rations making whisky" episode

>mfw my ban lifted so I can Crusherpost again

>Voyager
>not lazily scripted
>not "haxxy"

>Voyager still is better in my opinion
That must be the worst opinion I've heard all day

Still better than Babylon 5 for faggots

what you get banned for, Crusherfag?

Babylon 5 must be pretty good if DS9 is faggy compared to it.

>Im kinda lost here, since I don't exactly know where to start. Can I skip the original series? It looks kinda dumb imo.
Might as well if your intention is to fet up to speed for the new show, since Discovery barely bothers to acknowledge its place in the continuity with the other shows besides namedropping the Enterprise at one point and featuring Spock's dad as a major character which is a kinda fucking dumb decision in itself.

But honestly I would recommend you watch TOS, TNG and DS9 before I would recommend you watch Discovery. You can take or leave Voyager and Enterprise.

TOS may look kinda dumb and it does have a 60s TV "charm" about a lot of the writing but a lot of the writing also has a really great literary 60s pulp sci-fi charm that is not as easy to find in the TNG era with all its technobabble. I held off watching TOS for years thinking it wouldn't hold up but some of the stories are actually real gems. (You just need to look past the number of episodes focusing on godlike beings using their power to recreate eras from Earth's history).

You're too fast

>mfw The Doomsday Machine

Terrible episode

Literally the only good TOS ep

The City on the Edge of Forever is such a great TOS episode, it suprised me.
>great acting
>Kirk actually has a strong and solid romance
>Edith Keeler was a well fleshed-out character
>Bones being high
>Spock and Kirk in 1930s America was fun, especially when they always worry about Spock's ears
>the ending was actually very sad
>the guardian of forever was very interesting

I know now people love to overrate TOS because it makes them feel different but there are better episodes

*slaps your girlfriend's ass*

Honestly, TOS is really bad in a way that you'd probably only appreciate it if you had at least watched TNG already. At the very least though, watch the pilot, The Cage, because it's just great all around and holds up extremely well to this day. And it's pretty much stand alone because the crew it entirely different but it really shows you what they wanted to accomplish with the series, at least initially before studio heads fucked with it.

He just got into an autistic argument with some threadfag and for some reason the janny took the autists side.

>watch The Cage
>15 minutes of shitty scenarios recreated for Captain Pike
Nope, watch the Menagerie instead

I get the impression you're confusing the idea of the show with the actuality of the show.

Voyager's fucking great on paper, one little ship desperately trying to make its way back home across uncharted territory, facing untold dangers, moral quandaries, the psychological onslaught of total isolation, limited supplies... Voyager should've been held together by string and chewing gum by the time they got home - but instead they tossed most of the potential it had out the window to make the majority of it as bog-standard Trek as possible, and then half-assed what they did with even those stories. It didn't live up to its promise.

DS9 is kinda dull on paper, and at first it was also kinda dull in actuality, I felt, I remember debating with my friend at school when it was airing that DS9 felt like a soap opera set in space to me and I actually preferred Voyager, but after a few of seasons it found its bearings and evolved into something spectacular (sometimes a little too spectacular, I acknowledge that the battle scenes were more style than substance). But in the end with its core storyline DS9 reaches heights the best of Voyager gets nowhere near.

Yep, when I first watched through TOS the show was already impressing me and that was the one that had me thinking "oh god this is actually fantastic"

no one cares you attention whore

That's probably what he meant

Will this be your response to anyone who has anything good to say about TOS now?

no I meant episode 0

only to redditors that write paragraphs acting as if their opinion matters to anyone other than themselves

I was fucking with this turboautist by spamming pictures of her. Dude went full fedora on me too.

>guy tries to have a discussion or debate about a topic
>lmao no1 cares abt ur opinion go back to posting fat rikers

>that pic
lmao, what an edgy answer.

you're gay

>omg I am triggered by meme posting!
>mods please! ban them!!!
shush redditor

Is this b8?

>they never did a McCoy/Crusher crossover like they did with Scotty and Geordie

Would have been even better.

>acting as if their opinion matters to anyone
If that isn't the case then why discuss anything here at all?

If your problem is with the number of paragraphs, you really want all discussion here to be limited to "X is shit" or "X is great" with no explanation? It's pretty clear that people here already have problems with reducing what people are trying to say in text down to a base level that's probably off the mark even when plenty of explanation is given. Saying less isn't exactly going to make my point more clear to you, is it?

Of course, he's anti Crusher. Crusherfags are cool customers

no one cares redditor
go be triggered somewhere else because people don't care about your opinion

shush, stop replying to bait
post qt pics

Everything braga and berman worked on together after tng & ds9 was objectively shit

Lal was never this small

sure, but imagine if she was

based crusherfag

dumb esl

>Now, now, Jamie boi, don't make me fucking fry every last member of your crew!

DID SOMEBODY SAY ATTENTION WHORE?

Well he was in the pilot which had already established he was a barely human-looking turbo-elderly man. Any decision to go back on that to make a second episode with him actually watchable would probably come across as contrived - moreso than Scotty being suspended in a transporter buffer.

ironically accepting your designation doesn't make it okay dude

You just KNOW

At least you are no redditor so it's fine

they butchered one of my favorite fucking characters, man. why they doin me like this

COME HERE YOU BASHIR LOVING SLUT

anyone got more behind the scenes pics?

Did Frakes just woke up

Did anyone else get TOS vibes from Gambit?

hmm, not really, but I'd need to rewatch it. I didn't find it a particulary interesting episode the first time around, might change later on.

two wakes frakes

>What's that about my BELLY, CAPTAIN!?

T H I C C

I want Data to slap me like that.

how many people did Data rape over the years? and was Tasha the one to introduce him to rape?

>I want Data
>posts Lore

He raped Troi. She hangs around him because of Stockholm Syndrome, and she doesn't think he knew what he was doing.

Sorry, it's so hard to tell them apart. They can both slap my ass.

Is it even possible to rape Troi tho? She must be pretty used to it over the years. Mind rape was a common occurance to her.

what race would you want to shack up? i'd go for a cardie girl myself

If he did rape her, it probably wasn't very satisfying to him. She probably didn't even struggle.

fuck you, I was gonna say that. my second choice would be a Romulan girl then.

Vorta becuase I like a nice feminine penis

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

a Trill [Spoiler] symbiont [/Spoiler]

fuck

man i think a klingon woman to beat me up daily is what i wish for more than anything

kek, they had a lot of fun with that mask

vger requires input, of cake

Please state the nature of the Episode you are referring to