What are your favorite Fantagraphics comics

What are your favorite Fantagraphics comics

The EC library collection. It's so well made and the biographical forwards they have offer such a great look into what is possibly the greatest collection of artists of all time.

The one where that hipster talks about his life and it's really boring.

I don't pay attention to publishers but I'll say the Disney and Fletcher Hanks's stuff.

Usagi Yojimbo!

This, really. Paying attention to the publisheer seems a tie over from cape comics- and I don't do that with those either.

EC Comics
Eternaut
Crepax
Wally Wood stuff
Jacques Tardi stuff (please reprint)

Dan Clowes
Simon Hanselmann
EC stuff
The Eternaut

[obligatory Love & Rockets post]

Paying attention to publishers is the best way to find new comics in the indie scene though, I found out about a lot of cartoonists by combing through catalogs of publishers like Fanta, D+Q, PictureBox, etc.

Originally I only knew them for publishing the Crump volumes but now I'd say Megg and Mogg.

Arsene Schrauwen
Castle Waiting

Isn't that Dark Horse?

Oh wow, how fucking clever coming from the Nigger who only reads infantile drivel targeted towards manchildren.

Fantagraphics, Mirage and Dark Horse.

Fantagraphics originally published it alongside a bunch of other funny animal type comics

Njigahara Holograph

The Clowes shit
and Hip Hop Family Tree

i been thinking about getting those, seem so fun.

>no mention of jason or his books

Who are you people and what have you done with my hipsters?

gimme a list of this jason or his books.

Athos in America, "Hey, Wait...", I Killed Adolf Hitler, If You Steal, "Isle of 100,000 Graves", Jason Conquers America, Last Musketeer, Left Bank Gang, Lost Cat, Low Moon, "Meow, Baby", Pocket Full of Rain, Sshhhh!, Tell Me Something, The Iron Wagon, The Living and the Dead, Werewolves of Montpellier, Why Are You Doing This?, You Can't Get There From Here

They are a lot of fun and interesting. They are also putting out a Wally Wood biography at the end of the month

IM GONNA READ THEM SON, thanks.

i always seen this and i kept pushing them to the end of my backlog, but fuck it, my backlog feels chore-ish right now and this feels fresh.

Hey, Wait...
Love and Rockets
Safe Area Gorazde
The Hypo
Doctors
Hate
Dungeon Quest
Eye of the Majestic Creature
Weathercraft
The Furry Trap

Love & rockets of course.

Naughty Bits is probably my favorite non-reprint comic from them. Even though most of Fantagraphics' books are by writer/artists, you don't see a lot who display classic cartooning skills of motion, kineticism and expression. Roberta Gregory has a highly animated style so her comics are really to my taste but I wouldn't say they're for everyone.

Enjoy your depression.

He has made a lot of books taking place in France or America. I wonder if he left norway to live there.

From Wikipedia:
>Jason has lived in Denmark,[2] Belgium, the U.S., and France. Since 2007, Jason has been living in Montpellier, and [3] his recent graphic novels have been initially published in French.[4]

Acme Novelty Library
Hate (I think it has a chance of being a very big on Sup Forums if it was storytimed on other boards)
Woodring's Frank (I need to read Jim eventually)
Megg, Mog & Owl
What I've read of Eightball/Love and Rockets
Jason's works
Arsene Schrauwen
Black Hole
Black Is the Color
Josh Simmons' work
Dash Shaw's work
The End of the Fucking World
Celebrated Summer
Fante Bukowski
Al Columbia's work

I agree with Hate, Buddy seems like your typical angry 4channer, is against PC shit, is casually racist and sexist, always horny and has some obsessive traits.