So apparently Arrow cast Dinah Drake, the real Black Canary from the comics

So apparently Arrow cast Dinah Drake, the real Black Canary from the comics.
I haven't seen Season 4 but I heard it's good.
This is kinda of a copout for some people because people expected Black Siren to take up the mantle. I think it sounds promising and I am interested where they take this character. But anyway thoughts?

you're dumb

You mean season 5.

And yes it's actually good.

I hope Dinah is end game

Nobody cares. ARROW is, and always has been, complete shit
>But season 1-2!
>Deathstroke!
Please. What little entertainment you may have had then was stolen Bat-material and Christopher Nolan style tone. Also Deathstroke is far better as a merc than a mustache twirling former friend that hates Oliver. Since then this show has been backpedaling, and cant decide what audience its for. Yet you'll fall for this shit again and again because "well, they'll get Black Canary right this time!"

>I haven't seen Season 4 but I heard it's good.
You haven't watched Season 4? You're missing the best season imaginable.

I meant Season 5. I heard Season 4 is the worst.

I would have preferred to have them use black siren as well. both drake and siren have a similar "I've killed, I have a darkness" start point, all they had to do with siren was make her genuine about wanting to change and BAM a much more interesting story arc than with dinah drake. you have a fast track to romance because they both are doppelgangers of past lovers. you have extra drama with captain lance who, lets be honest, barely has anything to do on the show with a dead daughter and a time traveling one. The only reason I can think of for them going this route is if Katie Cassidy didn't want to go through all of that again, or if they though it would be too cheap to replace earth 1 laurel with earth 2 laurel (as if it's cheaper than "MY REAL NAME IS THE EXACT SAME NAME AS LAUREL'S MOM, I ALSO CONVENIENTLY HAVE BLACK CANARY'S POWERSET")

here's your (you)

>still doing retarded flashbacks every 2 minutes
>good

What is Black Canary's origin? How did she get her powers?

I wansnt looking for (you)'s buddy. ARROW fans unfortunately have Stockholm Syndrome. I want a good Green Arrow adaptation, be it show or movie, this isnt it

I'm confused. Didn't this show already have like 2 Black Canaries?

The one just introduced in the show was a Central City undercover cop who got hit by the Star Labs collider explosion, making her a metahuman

>if they though it would be too cheap to replace earth 1 laurel with earth 2 laurel

You hit the nail on the head. It's better to start with a new character. Reforming Black Siren and making her part of the team would be just as cheap though. The only problem I have is how Oliver just needed a new Black Canary because muh team just doesn't feel right.

Why are all black Canaries horse faced?

Such a shame because I'd prefer Siren to come back and take the mantel that Katie has earned from years of being shit on.

season 5 has been all about fixing mistakes from the past, to the point where a lot of shit got dropped, some side characters are gone, conflicts has gone back to street level. Story-wise Oliver is getting his no-kill rule back and saddly Katies role seems to be one of the mistakes, the writers think it needs to be fixed, her replacement is how people wanted black canary to begin with but the whole procedure is so painfully obvious, that you can't but feel bad for Katie. She had a horrible script to work with and now she is getting replaced for good, making hier whole existence seem irrelevant, I mean she was horrible yet we've through a lot with her and she was getting better towards the end and now she is being replaced for a better one.

This is the fourth one.

The first one became White Canary, the second one died, and the third one became Artemis.

>Reforming Black Siren and making her part of the team would be just as cheap though
as apposed to finding someone with the same name and skill of the dead chick you're trying to replace
in comic book world, a multiverse of doppelgangers makes more sense than that happening

Literally like any other metahuman in the CWverse

Really I'm surprised they didn't make Felicity the new Black Canary to please the Ollie/Felicity people and fulfill the Green Arrow/Black Canary. Especially with Felicity training to do more fighting this season.

I would be up for it if I didn't know that Guggenshit and his monkey type writing group will eventually end up ruining her the way they did Laurel.

>as apposed to finding someone with the same name and skill of the dead chick you're trying to replace

Worse, she has the same name as Laurel's mother.

Give it time.

>Especially with Felicity training to do more fighting this season.
...you mean wrongly punching a punching bag?

Probably not the pre-crisis way.

>So apparently Arrow cast Dinah Drake, the real Black Canary from the comics.
This sentence pisses me off so much. Just admit you fucked up, writers.

What a convoluted retcon.

Implying Arrow was never a Batman homage

How did DC get permission to use Viv of all people? Tell me I'm not the only one who sees it.

>Deathstroke
>Bat-Material
Fucking casual.

Literally perfect.

So she was her mother's mind in the child's (mindless) body? That's pretty unethical.

No it makes sense that an E1 doppleganger of E2 black siren exists. In Arrow, Sarah was the first BC. Laurel wasnt the legit version either aka not a meta and was only a BC in name only. Laurel mirrors her meta doppleganger from E2. The new BC is the legit version of BC even if shes came last. Yes the writers can pull whatever out of their ass and bring back Laurel if they want but they went with a new girl.

Maybe they just wanted to get rid of the actress. Sure she might pop up now and then as Black Siren, but she won't be a regular.
There's always been rumors Katie had some trouble with the rest of the crew, so who knows. Maybe she's hard to work with, considering she also got replaced with a different actress many years ago in Supernatural.

>Maybe they just wanted to get rid of the actress.

Maybe she wanted to get off of Arrow and do other things, or maybe got tired of all the haters who wanted her dead. Olicity shippers celebrated on twitter when Laurel died. Would be hilarious if Dinah and Ollie develop a real Black Canary/Green Arrow romance and Felicity shitters get blown the fuck out once and for all