/who/ - Doctor Who General

Doctor Who is dead. edition

PREVIOUSLY:
Celebrating an entire fucking thread where that thing wasn't posted!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OlafurArnalds/status/925459874246463490
sendvid.com/ol8ioese
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dalek-sacked-doctor-who-sneaking-11444129
carrionlaughing.tumblr.com/post/134718329078/hi-im-sorry-to-bother-you-but-im-pretty
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can someone recommend some spooky classic? Real drunk

why is your punkin white and yellow?

Do you have a preference on what Doctor we suggest?

Any you got famalam

>Inferno (3rd Doctor - 7 episodes tho)
>Ghost Light (7th Doctor - 3 episodes)
>Curse of Fenric (7th Doctor - 4 episodes)
>Brain of Morbius (4th Doctor - 4 episodes)
>Horror of Fang Rock (4th Doctor - 4 episodes)
>Pyramids of Mars (4th Doctor - 4 episodes)
>Planet of Evil (4th Doctor - 4 episodes)

I don't really find things scary but if I had to rate them, I'd probably put them like this - Planet of Evil / Curse of Fenric / Ghost Light / Brain of Morbius / Horror of Fang Rock / Pyramids of Mars / Inferno

twitter.com/OlafurArnalds/status/925459874246463490

Reminder to hype up Olafur Arnalds audiokino just in case, even if it turns out to not be Who related the letdown will at least be pretty funny.

Night Thoughts in the stream

Anyone want to fill in the gaps?

1.Chibnall
5.Chibnall
9.Chibnall
10.Chibnall

sendvid.com/ol8ioese
Tracked down the clip, from Sunday. He says similar stuff but mentions that Chibnall asked him to continue, although he wants to at least take a break for the time being.

Any vision of Who that is open to including Gatiss but not Mathieson is not one I'm especially thrilled about.

Getting Gatiss to write an episode or two in the future might not be bad idea. If s11 doesn't go down well then i suspect series 12 well see a lot of familiar faces return behind the scenes.

Maybe Gattiss should write a CBBC spin-off so he would hopefully be too busy to write for the actual show

Is there any real evidence aside from his own speculation that Chibnall's won't be getting Mathieson back?

I really hope Moff comes back for an episode. Without the burden of showrunning and having to edit everybody's scripts, he could probably go back to writing stories like Empty Child/Doctor Dances and Blink again.

idk i think it might be a bit weird for him being in the backseat. Id hate for his showrunner instinct to kick in and cause problems with Chibnall.

he's too humble for that

I think he might do it one day, but he's definitely going to want a break for the time being.

Although if Chibnall literally begged him and there was NO-ONE ELSE who would write one for the slot, Moff would probably do it out of the goodness of his heart. Just like he stayed on for S10 and did this Christmas special all for Chibbers' sake.

When are we gonna get a Doctor Who series on par with Twin Peaks

>read the new Vortex
>according to Briggs, he doesn't think Chibs has listened to any audios

For the anons who wanted Jodie in Cap's costume!

when david lunch lol directs an episode

Good, but you fucked up her face.

good

I'm gonna say neither did Moffat. Or at the very least, only the basic ones.

I've had a theory that the real reason Moff didn't put Eight in the 50th is because he didn't want to contradict anything that had happened or been said in the expanded universe.

Nah, back when Moff had a Twitter, I remember talking about some recent at the time BF audios he listened to like Cobwebs.

*I remember him talking

Huh, interesting, I never really saw his twitter back when he had it.

Either way, I doubt he'd be able to listen to many of the audios though considering how busy he would've been with DW.

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dalek-sacked-doctor-who-sneaking-11444129
kek. legend.

Twist: the real reason he was sacked is because Chibnall is never bringing the Daleks back to DW

Id be sad if that was the case desu. The daleks are an iconic part of Doctor Who.

Wait a minute holy shit I was memeing but it literally implies that in the article

>It turns out Pegg was not due to be involved in the new series, starring Jodie Whittaker and Bradley Walsh.

Double twist: he's being sacked because Chibnall is introducing new Mini Daleks operated solely by midgets.

Please no Chibbers

>they fired a Dalek
Holy shit

I will always respect this man for going out in such a blaze of glory.

We finally got a name! Kek

If the Daleks actually are in S11, do you think they'll be getting a redesign?

You fucking know they will be

Would Series 6 have been improved by - dare I say it - an actual Dalek story?

God no!

I had a dream that we got a filming photo of jodie coming out of the tardis in 12's outfit (the comfy holey jumper and checkered pants, specifically)
then I remembered that 12 doesn't wear that in the christmas special and that I was dreaming and then I woke up

maybe he changes into it to get comfy for his regeneration

But Moff's made better episodes than blink or empty child as a showrunner

it would certainly make the whole breast expansion easier to deal with

If Arnalds is announced as the new composer tomorrow it might be part of a start of production series 11 press release.

What do you think about based Chibnall dropping Xmas specials?

Cute!

Lame.

There's absolutely no chance that Arnalds will be new composer. He's too good for our show.

I'm always wrong, plz be real

actually we're getting drone daleks

Wow. How contemporary.

There's no evidence he actually intends to drop them. We just know he didn't want to start on one, and a side effect of that would likely have been losing the slot had Moff not intervened.

1.Chibnall
2.Catherine Tregenna
3.Emilia di Girolamo
4.Terry Cafolla
5.Chibnall
6.Gareth Roberts
7.Toby Whithouse
8.Louise Fox
9.Chibnall
10.Chibnall

1.Chibnall
2.phil ford
3.paul cornell
4.marc platt
5.Chibnall
6.rob shearman
7.neil cross
8.toby whithouse(breather ep)
9.Chibnall
10.Chibnall

>marc platt
kino

1.Chibnall
2. Gary Russell
3. John Peel
4. Stephen Greenhorn
5.Chibnall
6. Matthew Graham
7. Frank Cottrell Boyce
8. Pip and Jane Baker's ghost
9.Chibnall
10.Chibnall

When will Bjork play an alien on Doctor Who?

Pure kino as usual Cloister

gonna be so bummed if i don't wake up to press release announcing that series 11 filming has begun

>moff literally googled "eighth doctor companion list" and copy pasted it into the script for NOTD
>this is why the comic book companions werent mentioned

Gatiss and Dollard might just be the only returning crew from the Capaldi era.

This feels bad.

Kino

i cant wait for more epic dollard moments that get spammed on /who/ for all eternity.

i can live with gatiss, he's tenured atleast

Gatiss is just really mediocre.

Sarah Dollard scripts feel like they were written by a robot and then punched up by a shock jock, which is at least memorable.

Yeah, Dollard scripts feel more by-the-books and standard than the average Nick Briggs script, and they only have random "history is a whitewash" bits added in so people get baited and think they're really controversial stories.

basically this, any doctor who script could have quotes like that added in but they usually dont need too because they'll be memorable on their own.

So basically a nu who Happiness Patrol?

Nah not quite mate, Moff listened to plenty of the early main range ones at the very least. He's sung specific praises of some early Gary Finish kino like The Holy Terror and Chimes before. I feel like he made a specific comment on Dark Eyes 1 too iirc although I really doubt he regularly listens to audios anymore or anything beyond a very occasional release (he did coordinate a fair bit of Diary with Husbands though).

Nice!

Infinitely more chance of Dollard getting hired for Chibnall Who than Gatiss, Dollard is the only Moff writer I can really see realistically getting hired in a Chibnall writer's room. Not cause of any political stuff, just cause she has a lot of experience in them but is still junior enough to actually to not bristle up about effectively being a staff writer again.

Eh Thin Ice maybe, but Face the Raven (ignoring the 3rd act, just addressing the earlier stuff that was her with little Moff involvement) had a reasonably unique vibe.

>Dark Eyes 1
To be fair that was a big kind of event release in a way we haven't really had since.

For all their bigger popularity and NewWho stuff now, I agree, there was a special sort of buzz around Dark Eyes 1 I don't think has really been replicated since, closest was the WarDoc announcement imo.

agree that face the raven was fun but i just assumed it had a lot of moff influence.

Tbh I imagine Face the Raven was mostly The Moffman. Especially towards the end. Which was the best part of the episode.

(And Rigsy was great, but that's definitely because of the actor playing him, and because he was a pre-existent character)

The trap street stuff was her, Moff decided to put the Clara death into it, originally the episode was a more standalone thing, it was part of Moff trying to usher in new writers in big ways instead of just token episodes of the week. It's not like a case of where RTD basically wrote the Satan 2parter himself

I wanna know who wrote the doctors speech at the end, it had to be moff right?

also rigsy was fucking perfect, if it were anyone else the episode would have made hardly any sense.

carrionlaughing.tumblr.com/post/134718329078/hi-im-sorry-to-bother-you-but-im-pretty

>pandorica-jar asked: Hi. I'm sorry to bother you, but... I'm pretty sure Hell Bent wasn't written yet when you wrote Face the Raven. So how much did you know about what's going to happen?

>Hello! You’re right - episodes 11 and 12 hadn’t been written when I started Face the Raven, In fact, I’m not sure the scripts had been started by the time I finished, as ep10 was shot quite early in the schedule, before ep9, and Steven is a frighteningly fast writer. However, he let me in on his rough plan for the final two episodes when he sent me off to write my second draft - the point at which my trap street story became ep10 and took on the story of Clara’s death, Ashildr’s involvement, etc, all leading into ep11. So I knew what was going to happen in broad strokes. I knew the Doctor would be all alone and at his nadir in ep11, and that he was going to try to bring Clara back in some way in ep12, but I didn’t know what would ultimately come of that effort… except of course that Jenna wasn’t going to be in s10!

>I didn’t need to know all the details of ep12 in order to write ep10, and I was happy to keep it that way so that I could enjoy the final episodes mostly unspoiled as they went to air.

credit where it's due, she did quite well considering she didnt know how the rest of the series was gonna play out

>RTD basically wrote the Satan 2parter himself
does he talk about this in the writers tale?

Huh, this still doesn't say how much of he actual final draft was her writing (I mostly say this because the dialogue felt very 'Moffat')

It's definitely interesting though, the final episode meshed so well with heaven sent and hell bent I'm surprised to learn that that wasn't the original intent.

Yup, it's pretty interesting stuff. RTD was a big big rewriter, much more than most showrunners, often to the extent that the actual writers finished draft would basically be RTD's first draft of an episode, to which he'd redo massively. Extremely inefficient method of work but led to some really fantastic episodes. Iirc RTD came up with the Ood himself in redrafting that 2parter.

Eventually RTD said enough was enough and started to cocredit himself on scripts he wrote to a big extent, in the specials year. Moffat never rewrote as much as RTD did, but he did the same thing starting in S8 about finally cocrediting himself.

There are more interviews about the original trap street episode idea somewhere, I remember reading them back in the actual year. I imagine Moff rewrote the dialogue for most of the last 5~10 minutes. Still, it's really interesting the episode pretty much is all Dollard's, Moff just directed her to change the third act in a huge way. He really tried to usher in new writers during the Capaldi era and in a more interesting way than just "write filler of the week in the midseason".

I'm watching Time of the Doctor and just like every time I've seen it I can't help but think that Tasha Lem was originally River Song and for some reason or other it couldn't be, so they made up the character of Tasha Lem as a replacement

Pretty sure she was an intentional echo the same way Barnable was to Amelia. The special is all about 11's era and 11's behavioural patterns, a not-Time War on not-Earth with a not-River echoing back into his timeline to where actual River was eventually born fit pretty well imo.

episode titles when

August next year.

costume reveal when

posting for the sole purpose of saving the thread from the void

tomorrow at 3pm

looks like the statue of liberty is moving again

wow whoever made that image has great continuity, BBC should hire them

big if true

someone should cut the aeroplane scene with 11 and clara (from Bells of St John) with the 9/11 footage lmao I would but I cant be bothered

what would be some good video games to play while listening to audios?

anyone know any chill walking simulators?

lego worlds
tf2

You broke her fookin' face

I sometimes listen to audios while playing just cause 2 or gta 5. any game where u can do mindless shit for 2 hours and enjoy it