100 million downloads a month

>100 million downloads a month

How did someone so stupid become perhaps the most influential person in the entire world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J6b2YGx41c0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most successful interviewer of all time

White Privilege

Average world IQ is 86 so it's natural that someone with an IQ of 86 is the most popular.

he is unironically a charavter out of idiocracy

'so tell me dude. shits like cool huh? right on'

>Dude weed lmao
And
> muh UFC

The absolute state of humanity.

He's just another step toward Idiocracy. Feel smart by listening to a small handful of actual intellectuals without internalizing anything they've said. Smoke weed, feel deep, repeat.

Uhh you talk like a fag, and your shits all retarded.

hes a smart inquisitive guy, hes not a genius but he has a good amount of knowledge in a lot of topics

He just got in early. He's not particularly funny or insightful and neither are his friends but they just saturated the market early.

>doesn't realize that worldwide literacy rates have risen from 12% to 83% in the last 200 years

Because dudes wish they could drink beer with him, and chicks wish they could be him.

Literally whom?

+1 internet to you good sirs. *sigh* i really am losing my faith in humanty...

Are you suggesting that people shouldn't spend a significant amount of time listening to ideas from a variety of insightful people who don't agree on absolutely everything? I can guarantee you that nobody is smart enough to figure the world out on their own, and anyone who thinks that they are has an ego that dwarfs their intellect many times over.

Joe Rogan.
Mixed Martial Artist turned standup comedian turned MMA commentator turned stoner that sometimes podcasts with interesting guests.

Thats howard stern

he was never an mma fighter

Jacob, I know this is you. Bow down and accept Lord Rogan as your lord and savior from cuckbourne. Make a return to matesland, we all miss you up here, buddy.

muh yoga and jew jitsus

mad that you dont get invited to parties?

well no because
*brings mic closer*
every 10 years your cells in your body actually completely change...
I was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance this process into only taking 6 ears because your pineal gland- jamie could you get that article up? yeah but its because your pineal glands can actually make your cells rejuvenate faster... here we go
*looks at screen*
look at that..
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? Jesus those things will tear you to shreds

He does a good job of making the people he interviews feel comfortable. I've literally never seen him give an awkward interview. He disarms them with his perceived stupidity.

Because millennial twats don't know of Howard Stern or O&A.

>I've literally never seen him give an awkward interview.
Child please.

he beat ken shamrocks ass

you dont like interviews with interesting, smart, or funny people?

fucking philistines are garbage people

His IQ is at least 100. He has an outright distaste for fake Hollywood idiots and he has a tendency to jump on idiots that do stupid things.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but part of that I'm sure is just because he doesn't want to acclimate himself to very new ideas. He could've forced himself to read and understand Lawrence Krauss' book. It would've definitely gave him a leg to stand on when talking to quantum physicists. But he just didn't want to.

You're probably a fucking moron yourself.

His shows don't make any intellectual hurdles but they can be good intellectual fun. I know Sam Harris has a lot of meme surrounding him, but the Sam Harris interviews are genuinely fun to watch.

It's an idiot that doesn't make his own fucking opinions and chooses to generalize in one extreme or the other. Joe isn't overtly smart and it can be a pain when he occasionally pretends to be - but he doesn't always pretend to be.

His show is a huge step in the right direction. And if you haven't watched Tom + Tina Segura's - which it's clear you haven't - then please try and prepare for non try hard comedy gold.

*tips*

are you kidding me? they might as well be dead, to go on like this is a mockery

Swole Privilege.

But it's the all-important cross-over demographics.
He's a human Venn Diagram of overlapping tastes.

Smart enough to not bore smarter listeners.
(the guests do the heavy lifting, but he asks them the questions most people could relate to)
Dumb enough not to bore dumb listeners. (will stop a smart guest from getting too high on his own farts)
Catch all on the smart and dumb drug advocates.
Pop Culture and Politics.
Dude, Weed, Baby's First Philosophical Steps.
Self improvement messaging.
MMA. Fitness. Gnarly war stories about same.
Hollywood/Celebrity inside baseball.

All popular threads or tracks, that other people make healthy livings writing books or hosting websites about.
Can be listened to while doing other shit.

>Irish-Italian
>white

Why are you all insulting Joe Rogan's perceived intelligence?

He's oodles smarter and more creative than you and he has way more discipline and ambition.

He is a modern day Renaissance Man and is a precursor to what the internet will become - a medium of entertainment and education.

The three most popular podcasts of general interest are Rogan, Carolla and Maron. Maron is the lefty pussy, Carolla is the right wing asshole and Rogan is pretty much in the middle.

They are all essentially just being Larry King with better jokes. But that's fine we need long form interviews.

Fuck off Jamie

t. actual party killer right here

This guy gets it. He's just entertaining and educational. I started following a goddamn bow hunter from Australia because of Rogan's ability to highlight and romanticize his hobbies and lifestyle.

then you've only seen like two of his podcasts. Want to see one of his awkward interviews? Look for any podcast in the past couple of years that is shorter than two hours

This. It always cracks me up when I see people on the internet nitpicking guys who have to present hours of recorded speech to millions of people, like they could do so much better. I can't even imagine how awkward and weird the average person ITT would be if they had to interview guests and fill a 3 hour podcast with entertaining content.

why's everyone on Sup Forums talking so much about him all of a sudden? youtube has been recommending me a ton of his videos lately. I kind of dig the conversational style of the show but it really is just comes down to who the guest is

My biggest problem with him is that he has become a platform of hate by inviting people like peterson and shapiro.

THEIR HATE SPEECH WILL NOT BE TOLERATED

Hes an idiot but hes smart enough to recognize intelligent people to have on his show. He also asks enough questions to get information out of smart people

I literally have only ever heard his voice watching MMA fights over 8 years ago

Have genuinely never heard a single syllable out of his mouth otherwise

I think he's only influential to bottom feeders

>100%

What are some other Joeisms?

Adam Greentrees story about being charged by a grizzly bear and his gun being jammed literally gave me goosebumps

have a (You) sweetie

>*Clears throat*
>You could zig when you shoulda zagged
>Baaaaaaad motherfucker
>Hes and aaaaaaaaaaaanimal

>How dare you. (jokingly)
>It's so crazy
>That's wild
>Hmm... yeah.

>how bizarre
>hmm interesting
>pull that shit up

/Thread

Joe has great people on his show and because he has interests in everything you could possibly think of hes had every kind of expert you can think of on his podcast, there is something for everyone. Is he a manchild? yes. Does he repeat himself ad nauseum? yes but it doesnt matter, his show is about his journey in finding the truth behind shit and bettering himself and hes just allowing everyone to watch that process

The world is pretty easy to figure out, because you can't.

>JAIME, pull that shit up

True story: I met Rogan in Chicago a few years ago. He sucked my dick for a couple of joints then he tried to get me to buy some steroid suppositories from his website so I had to slap him around.

>They're like drones sitting in their cubicle in some soul-sucking job that they hate.

Some people have to keep the lights on, Joe. We can't all smoke weed everyday and talk for a living.

Go to bed Joey Diaz.

Imagine being Jamie, Joe pays you 500k a year to get high with him, run cameras, edit video and audio and google shit
Easiest high paying job ever

He's a fucking retard but he's self aware. This puts him smack dab in the middle of the two ends of the intelligence spectrum. This should be obvious to anyone with a brain, he appeals to jockey morons and lonely virgins who consider themselves geniuses.

If you ever needed more proof that society is built upon the backs of absolute retards, look no further than his dominance in the entertainment world. Love Joe though, seems like a great guy.

This pisses me off the most, he acts like everyone who has a desk job must hate their life and never get to do anything fun, just because people arent doing standup doesnt mean theyre miserable.

True, even the brightest philosophers have fallen short of a completely coherent narrative that aligns with reality 100% of the time and solves all problems, but there's a big difference between having a basic background in history and philosophy and only having the prevailing narrative in society at the moment + your own thoughts.

If you fall into the latter group, I can guarantee you that you're reinventing the wheel.

Does Young Jaime really make that much?

500k seems super duper high.

How much does Joe make from these podcasts?

500 million a month

Tfw you realize same guys who hatae on manlet joe listen to autist Jordan Peterson

Last I saw he makes around 100k an episode. maybe 10 mil a year if he does 100 episodes

Joe Rogan is a good friend to Dr. Peterson and is a main reason for Peterson's success....

No, he has the reasoning skills of a shortbus kid, everything boils down to how strong chimpanzees are or if he could take a wild animal in a fight. You find this shit thought-provoking because you're a pair of knuckle-draggers.

He's not stupid. He just represents the relaxed, every-man, and that reflects in his interviews. He has a strong opinion on some things, but is open to enlightenment on most others, and is generally a very pleasing man to be interviewed by.

Also, he creates a good atmosphere for funny shit. It's something about his personality; it enables humor. I think maybe society's getting to the point where it doesn't want some pretentious tryhard interviewer turning every interview into a shouting match, or some ultra soft feminine figure turning every interview into an ass-patting competition; they just want to feel like they're the ones interviewing the interviewee in question. Joe's that. The everyman.

Name an "intellectual" podcast.

Odds are Rogan has had those podcast hosts on his show.

“I was quite depressed two weeks ago when I spent an afternoon at Brentano's Bookshop in New York and was looking at the kind of books most people read. Once you see that you lose all hope.”
― Friedrich A. Hayek

I can only imagine what he would think of people not reading but listening to a stoned 50 year old homosexual who speaks like a boorish teenager and calling him a modern day philosopher. I already find the reality of it nauseating.

Tim Ferris

tim ferris has been on JRE a number of times...

Tim Ferriss and Aubry Martin are the same kind of snake oil salesman

>You find this shit thought-provoking
I don't understand, why build a perfectly good strawman just to tear it down like that?

>He is a modern day Renaissance Man
You're drunk again Jamie. Please stop.

Who are the biggest frauds Joe has ever had on?

*tips*

*licks lips at UFC weigh ins"

I believe you

youtube.com/watch?v=J6b2YGx41c0

Nice, so if you don't host a podcast, you don't get to criticize one. No wonder why you love his show, you unbelievably stupid shit.

He's an intellectual compared to stupid people

He's become increasingly more popular among the alt-right

ive never heard a joe rogan opinion expressed in public, on tv, or even on Sup Forums except in meme threads. im pretty sure hes the exact opposite of relevent

Told you stop drinking and go to sleep Jamie.

has he really? rogan threads are full of pretty innocent memes, i dont see a lot of politics

Hayek was also a pretentious snob

because he keeps unintentionally bringing up altright talking points, having altright heroes on and spouting altright talking points he got from said guests then claiming to not be altright

how much do words cost to make into reality

>takes blows to the head as a hobbie
He's probably had a few shaved off. 86 sounds about right

what does Sup Forums have to do with those hate mongers

He's smarter then you

most people are fucking retards

Therefore, being a fucking retard pandering to retards=profit

He's a main proponent of logical thought and freedom of speech. Those are "alt-right" ideals and why SJWs and Antifa hate him.

Joe isn't worried. He's secretly convinced that dicks are delicious.

not secretly

>Logical thought is supporting American facism
Go away Richard