I am really digging Sabertooth as a 'good' guy. I think it works really well IMO...

I am really digging Sabertooth as a 'good' guy. I think it works really well IMO. Can you guys think of any other good examples of the bad guy becoming a good guy?

To certain extent: Kaine Parker in Scarlet Spider Volume 2.

He was not as bad as Sabertooth, but he was definitely a villain for Spider-man... most of the time.

>Two pages of psychological torture later (yo-yo a criminal)

>brown stain on the front of his pants

Magneto, Zemo, Emma

I don't think there are any major ones in the DCU except Hal but he doesn't really count because the retconned Parallax into being something that possessed him

Carnage-Man and Hobgoblin were good temporary examples.

although he wasn't used well i always liked the concept of riddler becoming detective nigma

Red Hood is a good guy now too.

Huggernaut. Being mad at your brother is a pretty weak motivation. Especially if he's dead.

Maybe he ate a lot of asparagus?

Do Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Black Widow count?

Yes

Emma, who didnt actually become a hero with Morrison, but half a decade earlier with Generation X.
What Morrison did was taking her from a spin off book that had ended to the main book.

although it seems that after 20 years of being more or less a hero they are killing her or turning her into a villain in the remaining issues of IvX.

I prefer Inverted Sabertooth and Old Man Logan to Uncle Tom Avenger Wolverine btw.

Rogue started out as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Muties, was pretty good watching her do a face turn

Sabertooth should have been a woman.

Remember that time when he had TONS of brain damage & everyone was like "Naw, it's okay if he hangs out in the Danger Room! He's FINE!" & then Jubilee started reaching out to him & he started becoming a part of things & almost cooperating with the teams...And then he stabbed Psylocke in the stomach & fucked off to go glare at Wolverine some more.

>turning her into a villain in the remaining issues of IvX.
they're trying. if they keep at it the current way, they're going to fail miserably

more specifically, rogue has a whole backstory with carol, which is one of the few villainous backstories that consistently gets brought up

Rogue

I recall her entire original backstory was her attacking Carol & keeping hold of her so tight that she stole all her memories, powers & goodness & was permanently a good guy from then on. It's difficult to say how much of her turn from villainy was because she saw the error of her ways or because she literally robbed Carol of her personality & memories for years.

Did Jason count as a villain? I like his post robin adventures and Red Hood and Outlaws Rebirth is great so far

He was always kind of a shitty antihero at best & an immoral arms-dealer or occasional fucked-up pawn at worst (Like the hardest he got was getting in on Hush's big game, which was just Riddler's big game in the end...)

That's Lady Desustrike