Explain this movie Sup Forums

Explain this movie Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

qntm.org/primer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DUDE

I've seen it a couple times and am still not sure, especially why the father passed out.

It's not about time travel, it's about make identity. Anybody who says it's about time travel is wrong

what questions do you have? keep in mind carruth has said many things are meant to be mysteries to the audience just as they are mysteries to the characters.

*Make identity

There is a really good chart that explains it
I literally had to look for an explanation for my dense and he still doesn't get it.
Not saying you need to be smart to understand but once you grasp the idea its easy to get.

*Male identity

this movie is incomprehensible not because of the convoluted timelines but because of the terrible audio

seriously, can't hear shit captain

A perfectionist and his friend invent time travel. They make the assumption that the universe is deterministic - but still take precautions just in case it isn't (they're scared basically). They then use the time travel to make money.
Eventually the perfectionist finds out the universe isn't deterministic. He then tries to make himself look as cool as possible at a party using the time travel. But he doesn't tell his friend that he's doing this.
Eventually the friend finds out everything and the two aren't friends any more.
Many of the scenes are out of order and come from different "iterations" of the perfectionist's time travelling.

>Dude develops time machine
>Tells his friend and explain to him how to avoid getting caught by themselves
>They use the machine to gain money
>Friend starts making bad decisions and breaks the routine that allows them to keep the status quo
>They begin to untrust each other and realize they fucked up everything
The end

Two nerds. One very slow gas leak. A lot of hallucinating.

This was explained in a director's interview. They wanted to show that if you create a paradox, it's not the universe that breaks, it's you. Same reason their ears started randomly bleeding.

Really I always got the impression is was from exhaustion since he wouldve been in the box for more than 100 hours

qntm.org/primer

enjoy staying up all night, user

I thought it was a side effect of the machine, like radiation poisoning

Its 5:30am, may as well go for the full shabbamy.

No that was all because of excessive time travel, that and how their hand writing because illegible scribbles.

Directors interview = commentary?

Fuck would I love commentary from the creators for this movie.

same. now i'm really disappointing. How is a time paradox going to give you a nose bleed?

it's fucking boring, cheap and adored by retards.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, but I have nothing but hate for those who claim to understand it on their first watch in order to appear intelligent to others. Nobody is falling for that shit, pseuds. There is nothing enjoyable or thought-provoking about this film, it's a shitty puzzle that doesn't benefit from the classic methods of watching movies (i.e. sitting down and watching it start to finish rather than diagramming and rewinding it repeatedly).

Same reason looking at Cthulhu geometry makes you go mad.

Pretty much just a movie to watch when ur high as fuck, should also watch upstream colour

Upstream Color is just not as intriguing to me. I don't know what it is about Primer but the low fi quality adds to the mystery and suspense. Upstream Color seems too deliberate.

Also, I hate when people say this shit

But that's wrong. The original doesn't become the double, the original is the double the whole time. He's just 6 hours older than he would have been. There is no point where he poofs out of time.

Damn you I have shit to do tomorrow.

I feel like I would have enjoyed it a lot more on the first watch if I knew to pause it every five minutes and think about it for a day, watch another 5 minutes, think it over...

Shit movie

then you are an idiot because this movie is not about puzzle. It doesn't matter if you perfectly understands all timelines. Knowing more/less how complex they are is enough.

Le wall meem! Praise drumpf xDD