Warhammer cinematic universe when?

Warhammer cinematic universe when?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sisters_of_Silence
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Horus_Heresy_Series
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hopefully never. Already ruined Total War, let's not have in ruin Hollywood even more. Plus it would probably fail like that World of Warcraft movie anyway.

The only good thing about the 40K universe is orks

>playing total war warhammer 2
>doing well as morathi for a while
>suddenly public order starts going -100 all around my civilization and rebellions everywhere
>naggaroth takes half my kingdom

shit franchise

If the countless sperglords who purchase this plastic garbage by the boatload don't understand that the universe is meant to be ironic and stupid, why do you think any of the suits in Hollywood would?

Why didn't the Emperor just send the War Hounds down to help Angron and his gladiators?

Why didn't the Emperor just find a more tactful way to chastise Lorgar?

Why didn't the Emperor just tell Horus what he was up to?

Why didn't the Emperor just tell the primarchs about Chaos and his plans for humanity?

I need some help

First, I need $250 million

Second, I need you to kidnap the relatives of all of the actors in pic related. Use them as hostages to force them to act

Too autistic for 99% of the population. Not going to happen.

was it autism?

>Why didn't the Emperor just send the War Hounds down to help Angron and his gladiators?
Cuz he wanted to break Angron mentally. Angron had no interest in serving and would have just chilled with his bros

>Why didn't the Emperor just find a more tactful way to chastise Lorgar?
Because he was intentionally trying to cause Lorgar to rebel. Emperor wanted the Heresy to happen

>Why didn't the Emperor just tell Horus what he was up to?
See above

Also recent books establish that the Webway Project was kept such a secret because if the Navigators found out that their monopoly on interstellar travel was at risk, they'd do some nasty shit to try and sabotage it

>Why didn't the Emperor just tell the primarchs about Chaos and his plans for humanity?
Because knowing about Chaos feeds it

Warhammer hasn't been ironic really since 3rd edition came out in 1998

>Too autistic for 99% of the population. Not going to happen.

I was wracking my way of how to convey this in a long post, but you basically summed it up perfectly.

That's what they said about LOTR

Though if LOTR came out today, in the age of smartphone attention spans, marvel quips, and rottentomatoes, it'd probably bomb

Hey that's pretty good.

Very soon. I am serious. Games Workshop promised to be more "diverse" which leads me to suspect that they are preparing for mass appeal through movies and cartoon.

LOTR is fairly serious. WH is a whole lot of toung in cheek for the hell of it. It is way way over the top on 90% of the lore, which is cool, but it's not as workable as something like LOTR is. People can put themselves into a character like frodo or aragorn, but nobody is going to relate well to the good emporer.

I'd enjoy a Warhammer 40k show, but would prefer if it was just a series of one off episodes focusing on different people who all die horribly at the end of each episode.

> Emperor wanted the Heresy to happen

Pretty much.

I just finished Ruinstorm, I read all the books starting in May this year, its been a wild ride.

>tfw people who have only read the wikis here and there try to argue heresy lore

>orks still exist
>the two most recent developments in astartes tech have been "space marines inside another space marines" and "super space marines"
R-right

>Games Workshop promised to be more "diverse" which leads me to suspect that they are preparing for mass appeal through movies and cartoon

Or they will introduce primarchs 21 and 22, a genderfluid nubian princess and a butch yet androginous muslim primarch.

Quick rundown on the God emperors plans for the heresy?

>Gayhammer Gaynematic Gayniverse when?

go beat the piss out of those dissenter armies for free cash, xp and slaves you pleb

1.) The lost Primarchs are 2 and 11
2.) There are only 18 known Primarchs, so the new ones would be 19 and 20
3.) They've already introduced an all-female army recently, the sisters of silence (not to be confused with sisters of battle), who are pretty good

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sisters_of_Silence

>That's what they said about LOTR

Right and they made the cuts and changes that needed to be done for a movie to be feasible.

Far be it for me, a mere mortal, to divise the plans of the Emperor.

It's simply hinted in a lot, really a lot, of places how he's setup things to fall like they have.

I think the single ONE event that makes me feel like the Emperor had to roll with the punches and that it came unexpected to him was Magnus breaking into his sanctum and disrupting the webway.

I think that's the single one moment the emprah feels surprised.

It was a joke you turboautist.

You don't joke with 40k autists

WoW tried hard to pander to normies. just make a movie about a guardsman

This
40k lacks charismatic characters in a narrative sense you either have unlikable mary sues like immortal demon slayers such as kaldor draigo or over the top and edgy characters such as konrad kurze or the whole chaos thing, mind you it's a charismatic universe with a lot of brainless stuff but it acts more as a background for selling models than telling a story, just look at any of the novels and you'll see that the vast majority of them are very poorly written

i thought chaos also wanted the stalemate to continue. if they had killed off Emps the star travel would have been fucked and most of the humans would have died killing off the things the chaos gods fed off of the best

i like the producer choice. i loved the first 3 seasons of BSG and that show had no budget.

do all the primarchs even have "their own" books yet? does the siege of terra have an arc yet like isvaan?

i read the whole istvaan story arc, including some of the after stuff like fulgrim and perty fucking around in the warp. i read the books in the ultramar story arc

t. alpharion

about about that HERO OF THE IMPERIUM bane guy?

But that's literally what happened in Old Night, Chaos just wants to get back to that state of affairs really, where humanity is divided and easy to pick off and provide worship and not strong enough to do anything about it, is my guess.

W40k and Heresy have a shitload of great characters that arent a primarch or OP demonslayers, just normalish space marines getting along with things, can easily tell you havent read the books.

Lorken, Argel Tal, any of the perpetuals, Meduson, Garro, Numeon, etc. etc.

>do all the primarchs even have "their own" books yet?
Yes, except Mortarion for some reason

> does the siege of terra have an arc yet like isvaan?
No, though supposedly terra is coming soon

Here's the full list of HH books, series has gotten massive
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Horus_Heresy_Series

There are tons of charismatic characters, the Primarchs are all very popular. Tolkein largely used his characters as mythical archetypes to show his world. 40k isn't all that different even if it doesn't have nearly as much care or thought put into it as LOTR

yeah, we just get a bit of mortarion in eisenstein but it's not much

i kinda lost interest after kickass torrents went down and i didn't have a reliable source for the audio books

>rip brannstark

40k would be terrible on screen, the only thing that could turn out somewhat decent is a Felix and Gotrek TV series.

first they need to write some books that aren't terrible

Ciphas Cain would be one of the ones I'd be down for but that's a pipe dream.

Didn't stop 50 Shades

Didn't stop Twilight either.

>i like the producer choice.

So disappointing that he went from DS9 and BSG to producing a show for the kind of books that my mom reads.