youtube.com/watch?v=UDG7eXKorVE
youtube.com/watch?v=keHVZCrOrQ0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=keHVZCrOrQ0
youtu.be/Tg-9pL6k3CI
youtu.be/LcLx1hAifr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumping with an old favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=thQvJCFjsjU

What are some movies with these aesthetics?

Maybe try anything with Arnold

youtube.com/watch?v=9MDtWJ_emaI

blade runner

youtube.com/watch?v=6UCmFwFKGjE

chungking express
blade runner
black rain

Getting Any? (1994)

youtube.com/watch?v=55pAtVe-7VE

music by ryuichi sakamoto

careful user last thread was 404'd because of music

youtube.com/watch?v=qlCMON6Qh7g

my video was perfectly fine, the one you just posted is gonna 404 this thread, take that link to Sup Forums

this better?

DO YOU FEEL THE COKE TOO!

youtube.com/watch?v=D97v6XOSLLw

who /GUTSY/ here
youtube.com/watch?v=lfINiZCsNUQ

youtube.com/watch?v=GQBtdDjuzIE

music by ymo

I've always been more of a geo fan myself

youtube.com/watch?v=B_jGRRzhfC4

youtube.com/watch?v=OHZf_Y1UHD0

starring ryuichi sakamoto, sounds like his music too

Soonpoong Clinic

She is getting married

I learned on Sup Forums which made the 80s stuff all have very similar aesthetic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Toaster

Don't forget the aesthetic m8

>that ambiance

youtube.com/watch?v=mQNWfmfY6vY

youtube.com/watch?v=IpsGjf2s4hI

starring ryuichi sakamoto in what appears to be a call girl service, but is probably just some idol club cm, music also might be his, although it sounds like a remix of a track he did with his then wife akiko yano

that and the fairlight cvi

Sometimes I wonder if all Asian drama are just variation of Tokyo Love Story
People might not have seen it directly but they might not need to

I think I have heard such a thing in 90s and then never heard of it again until now
Sup Forums is a good place I should learn more from it

In terms of aesthetics Japan actually peaked very late 80s, but mostly early 90s.

You can def see this with cars, like 87-97 is golden age Jap car designs.

thanks, I was wondering what they were using in the 80s

Makes me think of some old anime

miki is unironically my citypopfu
youtube.com/watch?v=k-KAY_Glmn4
rest in peace

Ultimate late 80s Japanese synthwave

youtube.com/watch?v=XFiccrmQpH8

NOW IM FREE TO SEE THE WORLD

i always wonder what Koreans were doing in 90s
youtube.com/watch?v=UDG7eXKorVE

>Tokyo Love Story
youtube.com/watch?v=keHVZCrOrQ0
Notice the Chinese title and traditional Chinese subtitles
Chinese today probably grew up watching this one Japanese show. To understand modern china you have to understand Japanese pop culture

Sorry it's this link
m.youtube.com/watch?v=keHVZCrOrQ0

Well they did have an economic bloom in the 80s.

they also set an example for other Asian countries so later when they had their booms they follow Japanese style

living vicariously through japanese commercials used to be my autistic niche and now they all have 5 million views with kids commenting about aesthetics

i have no identity anymore
no reason to live

i feel you except for me its with 70s and 80s japanese music

I'm bone that girl so hard.

Japan during its economic bubble and a few years before and after really is aesthetic in every meme sense of the buzzword. It was never really captured in the Japanese cinema Western audiences are familiar with, in part because a lot of those films are from old guard directors - traditionalists from a very different Japan - who resented many of the societal changes of the time and would sooner film tatami mats in the countryside than the neon glow of a VCR company's ominous 75-foot mark on the towers swallowing the urban epicenter of the country. But if you delve into lesser known Japanese cinema you'll begin to find its beauty documented on celluloid - even the television dramas because they didn't all look like shit back then. I love the bubble and its burst though, stories of jolly salarymen writing of their good fortunes and happy families in the journals of izakaya and individually leaving equivalent to an $800 tip (tips very much not custom) ... then, overnight, it's filled with suicide notes from despairing, penniless castaways. It's tragic in the classical sense, a fascinating and most def a e s t h e t i c time and place.

bump

youtu.be/Tg-9pL6k3CI
>daily reminder that Bowie invented vapor-wave in 1980

Every masterpiece is only a sample of the country's mainstream which is formed by lots of banal stuff

The same way Hollywood masterpieces are only a sample of real popular soap opera

Yeah Japanese pop had lots of western pop in them

I am now trying to visualize inserting you--me in 2017 actually--into the aesthetics of this thread

i love the way the japanese women look in these 80s and early 90s commercials and other media. not in a jerking off way (but i do suggest only jerking off to 80s idols as its the purest form of masturbation to 3d) but just that they look japanese and distinctly so and didnt start bleaching their skin and getting eyelid surgery for their western piggu-ified doe eyes

I'm trying to find this video on Youtube that's basically clips from 80's ads with I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls as the audio. I saw it once here, but haven't been able to find it since.

Not an ad, but probably the most underrated aesthetic video on YT if you're into traditional animation from the 80s
youtu.be/LcLx1hAifr4

Holy shit what an AESTHETIC ad campaign. And for a Christmas song, it's really fucking good. Sauce?

I know you feel. The only thing that makes me feel good is watching 80's movies/ads, listening to 80's music and imagining I'm living in that world even though I know it's a world that never really existed.